It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

my opinion of the antichrist

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

Good question...

That love can be defined as "selflessness"....

Of course its not just being friendly... Its sacrificing your own needs for the needs of others...

Any other questions?

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I always thought the Anti-Christ was the opposite to Jesus.

For instance, where Jesus was supposed to be humble, softly spoken, hard working, helped people, his opposite number would be egotistical, loud, taking the easy route out of work and letting others do things for him or her, selfish to a fault.

Sorta how back then millenia ago, everyone helped each other because they had to otherwise they'd die. These days, we're all self sufficient and out for ourselves due to paranoia and being suspicious of others.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Good question...

Of course its not just being friendly... Its sacrificing your own needs for the needs of others...

Any other questions?

Is it merely sacrificing, like once or twice? Or is is wholly sacrificing? Sure, I can give five dollars to a bum and he eats a Big Mac, but what have I sacrificed? 800 calories? That is not really sacrifice.

It is wholly giving your life, but being able to take it back up again, wholly.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by WarminIndy

Good question...

Any other questions?

Is it merely sacrificing, like once or twice? Or is is wholly sacrificing? Sure, I can give five dollars to a bum and he eats a Big Mac, but what have I sacrificed? 800 calories? That is not really sacrifice.

It is wholly giving your life, but being able to take it back up again, wholly.

Perhaps you don't understand the word "selflessness"... Its a little more then giving a "bum" some money to eat... IF that "bum" smelled like he had not bathed in a month... would you still give him that 5 dollars? Or would you turn your back to him because of his offensive smell?

Instead of explaining it to you, i'll let him do it for me...

27But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you, 28Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you. 29And unto him that smiteth thee on the one cheek offer also the other; and him that taketh away thy cloke forbid not to take thy coat also. 30Give to every man that asketh of thee; and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again. 31And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise. 32For if ye love them which love you, what thank have ye? for sinners also love those that love them. 33And if ye do good to them which do good to you, what thank have ye? for sinners also do even the same. 34And if ye lend to them of whom ye hope to receive, what thank have ye? for sinners also lend to sinners, to receive as much again. 35But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil. 36Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful. 37Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven: 38Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.

By the way... you can not trick me if that was your intention, though you can try all you like

edit on 3-2-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
i'm finding it difficult to respond to some of these posts. to answer some of them would be to go off topic and discuss the existence of the biblical "jesus".

there are some great responses here. still it appears to me the story of jesus and anti christ is about: unchecked autority (power) vs. checked authority (power).

the "anti christ" is a person who answers to no one and given full authority over the world.

the "christ" is a person who is equally powerful but is held in check by an equally powerful authority.

so a perfect political system is to have all persons in power held in check by others.

for me when i read the bible, the stories aren't about specific people, but rather a description of the psychology of politics and humans.

-subfab

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by subfab

The anti-Christ is someone who doesn't agree with Christ...

There is millions of them all over the world...

Why try to narrow it down to a single person? Almost any dictator in the past 2000 years can fit into the "anti-christ" persona

I think people focus too much on revelation and not enough on what is actually important in that book

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   

reply to post by subfab

The anti-Christ is someone who doesn't agree with Christ...

There is millions of them all over the world...

Why try to narrow it down to a single person? Almost any dictator in the past 2000 years can fit into the "anti-christ" persona

I think people focus too much on revelation and not enough on what is actually important in that book

good point

i agree with you on this one.

-subfab

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
sorry, should have added this one for clarity

There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
Galatian3

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rustami
sorry, should have added this one for clarity

There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
Galatian3

Pauls words fail the test...

34Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.

35And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever.

36If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

Paul also did not consider women equal with men....

"Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law. And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church."

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

not at all, just misunderstanding

ex.-sin?

The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.
1Corinthian15

Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.
Galatians 3

to which of the angels said he at any time, Sit on my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool?
Hebrews1

for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.
Romans14

when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law, to redeem them under law
Gal.4

And again, I will put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given me.
Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;
And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.
Hebrews2

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join