It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lies! - Reactor 4 FULL Of Fuel - Pacific Ocean May Be Lost

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
there is a fukushima thread that has been running since the beginning, it has 1197 pages, several posters are on the ball and get things posted in there and keep track of info, alot of people check it but don't necessesarily post there.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by YouAreLiedTo

It's pretty heavy, wouldn't it sink?

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I hate nuclear power because it is pretty filthy in terms of the waste and when it goes wrong the half life of some of the elements is billions of years. Iodine 138 has a half life of 8 days, it causes cancer by attacking the thyroid gland and is more prevalent in children and the elderly.

Our governments lie that it is safe, it's safe as long as you don't install the plants on major fault lines?????
or if you can confirm that every eventuality has been considered during their commission which is impossible.

Uranium 235 has a half-life of 700 million years.

Uranium 238 has a half-life of 4.468 billion years.

Plutonium-239 has a half-life of 24,200 years and is the most poisonous substance known to man.

There are lots of heavy nasty nuclear elements and the Fukushima Diachi power plant 30K exclusion zone probably means people wont ever be able to live anywhere within a 25K radius just like Chernobyl where the trees have turned red and everything is deadly.

The true horrors of nuclear power can never be under estimated, check it out on youtube.

The sarcophagus at Chernobyl is in a serious state of decay and it is only a matter of time until the reactor starts to spew more toxic death atomic isotopes back in to the atmosphere. The concrete encasement which was built around the base of the reactor is also in a serious state of decay, so much so that it is possible we could see a nuclear reaction starting up again.

Nuclear power is real bad IMO, All good for profits no good for life on earth, and when it goes pear shaped massive amounts of land have to be abandoned. Don't listen to what the dodgy government say this stuff will bite you on the ass.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by PageAlaCearl

This is just more evidence that what happened there in Fukushima has been so down played its sad and make syou not trust the media even more as they cover petty interest topics to hussle up their ratings. That area needed the entoire earth to stand still and assist and it seems some efforts went in but WAAAAAY MORE COULD HAVE. My prayers and energy is still overthere along with hope that the mess on land air and sea gets fixed. LORD forbid Earth has a house inspection
More has got to be done and I feel somethings growing slowly in the pacific from this either from multi eggs mixing from the sea life deep or something more sinister. Earth can do better then this?

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

A second hand, hearsay story from a "fukushima worker" is not really verifiable.
You "heard" this and are passing on something that is not authenticated, so maybe just more scare mongering,

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

I think for most its more a matter of ignorance than apathy personally. Most people (except us Louisianians) have totally forgotten about Deeepwater Horizon already. And BP has all these cool commercials saying "come to the gulf!!" and such with all these smiling people.

The moment I saw those commercials I called BS. Nothing but dirty BP propaganda.
As for Fukishima, everybody's correct in saying that there is absolutely nothing we can do. We can hollar and shout for awareness and action, but it's not going to do any good. We all just have to sit back and pray for the cancer to not come.
It's a tradgedy. It makes me sick to my stomach to think of how humanity treats this fragile planet and the problem is obviously much bigger than what TPTB reveal to us.
On a side note - I heard somewhere that saltwater breakdowns the radioactive elements much faster than air so they wouldn't really be able to follow the currents around the world or even the pacific for that matter. I dunno. I'm not a scientist. It's probably just more "everything's okay" propaganda.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
It doesn't help that I just read a news article stating James Cameron, a huge movie director in California, just bought a farm in New Zealand and is moving his family there this year. I know it mentioned about him working on an AVATAR sequel there, but what made him want him and his family to actually live there? Knowledge he has, or part of the mass exodus of the rich?

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
You'd be mad to trust these people, the atomic isotopes were spewing death particles into the air until November 2011?

How many will die because of it?????

I'm not out to scare people but do some research on Chernobyl. When the Fukushima story broke I spent the first month extensively researching Chernobyl and the operation of nuclear power plants, the dangers of a meltdown and what it actually means in real terms. I know for a fact this is being played down.

Remember three mile island? just imagine what would happen if the one got built in Frisco it was due to be built on the san andreas fault line

General Electric built Fukushima??????????

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by RoyalBlue
It doesn't help that I just read a news article stating James Cameron, a huge movie director in California, just bought a farm in New Zealand and is moving his family there this year. I know it mentioned about him working on an AVATAR sequel there, but what made him want him and his family to actually live there? Knowledge he has, or part of the mass exodus of the rich?

Is the elevation of his interest land in New Zealand higher then say California 1 wonders?

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by aching_knuckles

whys is this a left right issue?

Open your mind and get out of the left/right trap youve fallen into. Both sides are corrupt and inept.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
This is way out of hand and we're still generating power this way. I'm appaulled at being human. Sickened already
as if I swallowed the crap were dumping in the pacific.

edit on 2-2-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

This is way out of hand and we're still generating power this way. I'm appaulled at being human. Sickened already
as if I swallowed the crap were dumping in the pacific.

edit on 2-2-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

Unfortunately randyvs, many humans may really be breathing in the small radio particals who are above ground, very sad what happend there and on the entire planet.
edit on 2/2/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Sadly we've been inhaling nuclear waste since the creation of the atom bomb. This isn't new news I wouldn't even doubt this is why cancer is on the rise in some sections of the world aned has been for years.
edit on 2-2-2012 by NoJoker13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by RoyalBlue

New Zealand, Australia, and the Southern Hemisphere are just 1 year behind everyone else, they will also be contaminated.

Someone wrote to me saying only just south of the equator in Africa was going to be the safest spot, and that implied a hefty cycle, humanities supposed origins and out of Africa one. We didn't really come from Africa but alot did happen in that area.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
A guest on coast to coast am reported that this disaster released 7x more than the Chernobyl incident. I don't see why the world doesn't do away with nuclear power if natural disasters can cause this to happen. The world is playing with fire and when you do that sometimes you get burned.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by mojo2012
A guest on coast to coast am reported that this disaster released 7x more than the Chernobyl incident. I don't see why the world doesn't do away with nuclear power if natural disasters can cause this to happen. The world is playing with fire and when you do that sometimes you get burned.

Now imagine somehow power going out globally with all the reactors on shut down and not being able to be cooled and YES this tech should be shelved ASAP...

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by RoyalBlue

James Cameron is a Canadian. I think there is still fresh Air up there.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
Now imagine somehow power going out globally with all the reactors on shut down and not being able to be cooled and YES this tech should be shelved ASAP...

How could this possibly ever happen? Meteors? Global earthquake? Killer flying squirrels?

If a worldwide event such as this were to occur, somehow breaking or shutting down every single reactor at the same time, then something FAR more deadly would have already occurred and we'd all be dead by that point anyway.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by mojo2012

My US American ex, she didn't even know what "Chernobyl" is/was...

As for nuclear incidents, it's not only about freak accidents like earthquakes etc.. (although i actually think it's EXTREMELY RETARDED that Japan built many of them in earthquake danger zones...just a matter of time until something happened...)....but also potential threads from terrorism.

I don't think that the US will wake up unless some major accident would happen (you know how MANY of reactors are in densely populated areas like illinois etc.?) - at this point i can assume that (guessing...) 70% of all Americans are totally oblivious of the dangers.....and what it would actually mean if a reactor somewhere on the East Coast or in the mid-west would blow as in Japan or Chernobyl.

However...as some threads just in the recent days have proven again..some people think its MORE important that utilities are cheap and that their "standard of living" is kept up....this' the reason we have nuclear power plants in the first place..because it's rather "cheap" energy as opposed to spending money in research on alternative energies etc.

So...give it some time....years...decades..i don't know..some major accident...until then people are just too stupid to even know whats going on around them.

Same with terrorism...because unless it actually hit NYC on 9/11....terrorism was something which happened in countries where most people wouldn't even find on a map....and until "the kid will get burnt"...it might try to climb on the stove to play, if you get my analogy...
edit on 2-2-2012 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SoulVisions

X class solar flare. The sun is reaching it's solar maximum. i have heard that these plants have an 8hr backup but im not sure that is long enough...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join