It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lies! - Reactor 4 FULL Of Fuel - Pacific Ocean May Be Lost

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
These are pretty old reactors. I remember them from when I was a lad goin down to Mexico to camp. I guess they're about to go tits up!! HAHA!

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
heard seals being tested over a month ago , no news yet, why ? one aspirin tablet of plutonium can kill every one on earth just by handing it from hand too hand.!!!!! now we have nukes leaking in us that are so old it is a crime to operate them.( stop nuclear power or the whole earth will die, if the pacific dies 1/3 to 1/2 of the world is gone.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Deja`Vu

California provides food to the world. Some of the state's most lucrative exports are produce, meat, and dairy products. Imagine if all of the soil were contaminated. Any produce, meat, or dairy products from CA would, potentially, be contaminated.

www.calchamber.com...

www.lavidalocavore.org...

www.epa.gov...

www.cdfa.ca.gov...

Not to mention the number of people who would be jobless, destitute, and/or homeless.
www.agcensus.usda.gov...

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Stop the unsubstantiated fear mongering. "Fukushima diary" is now a reliable source? lol...
There is no way how the claims in the OP could be true. If reactor 4 was in meltdown, we would know it by now. All reactors are stabilised by now.

Besides, why would they want to get out the melted fuel if it was true? The OP does not make sense.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Maybe I'm showing my ignorance here but I have to ask - were the results of dropping two a-bombs on Japan not as bad as for the earth as this Fukushima mess? Seems like the planet hardly even felt the effects ... outside of the Nagasaki and Hiroshima anyway.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
We're not totally helpless. We can ask our elected officials to start phasing out nuclear reactors. It won't reverse what's already happened but it can prevent future accidents.

The US is gearing up for an election, why not ask your candidates their position on nuclear energy? The same applies to any other country about to have an election.

Some countries have already started the process of phasing out these ticking time bombs:

Germany has permanently shut down eight of its reactors and pledged to close the rest by 2022.[1] The Italians have voted overwhelmingly to keep their country non-nuclear.[2] Switzerland and Spain have banned the construction of new reactors.[3] Japan’s prime minster has called for a dramatic reduction in Japan’s reliance on nuclear power.

As of November 2011, countries such as Australia, Austria, Denmark, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malta, Portugal, Israel, Malaysia, New Zealand, and Norway remain opposed to nuclear power.[6][7]

en.wikipedia.org...

We may need to rely on other energy resources, especially oil, but it seems the lesser of two evils. Clean coal is another option, as long as they have scrubbers to remove noxious gases in the power plants . Green energy (solar, wind, tidal, geothermic) should start to make up more of the energy produced as this century moves on.

As discussed here on ATS, if the E-Cat cold fusion power generators turn out to be real, it could change everything.
edit on 2-2-2012 by Nicolas Flamel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I really dislike these kind of stories, there is no factual substance to it, and it only spreads fear. Fear is extremely powerful and dangerous, we should try to limit spreading it if we can.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by RedParrotHead

That's the thing, we still have this wholly unfounded fear of radiation. Yes, Fukishima was a disaster, but it certainly does not spell the end of anything. Life is very resilient to radiation and it takes high doses, usually ingested, to cause problems

FYI: A normal coal powered station will emit far more radiation in it's life time than any nuclear reactor, barring a major catastrophe, but people only moan about CO2 when thinking of coal...

Just shows the ignorance surrounding the whole topic, really.
edit on 2/2/12 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Pacific Ocean May Be Lost,

I wouldn't be surprised if this was true already and we just don't know it yet.
The lack of information on all this in the MSM is what is really disturbing.
WE know it's there and it's going on .. but the general public doesn't.
Yep ... full blown CONSPIRACY.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Observor

I hope ur trolling. Why does it matter, it'll only cause panic?

Here's a concept most ppl that visit alt news sites may not want to consider, but I strongly believe is true.

It doesn't matter how "awakened" you are if your neighbor/friends/community are as dumb as a box of rocks.

We actually NEED these ppl, b/c only when it reaches intolerable levels of complaint & disgust does things actually change. (You can argue if any "real" change is actually implemented, but that's not the point).

There's almost an elitism involved with some of us, that says "if they wanna stay dumb, screw 'em." Well sorry, we're screwing ourselves b/c I think it's pretty clear by now that if the public doesn't know, it doesn't happen, period.

And that's why these fukishima videos need to go viral, that's why these webpages need to go viral. I read just yesterday, couldn't believe the headline that 27 hiroshimas a DAY happen at fukishima.

Unbelievable.

If you don't share, you're no better than the TPTB. I think that escapes us sometimes. I know some of get tired, and some have worked harder than others, etc. And that it's an uphill fight, but the only alternative to all of this is to just lay down and die. And I'm not being dramatic either, I hope most of you can recognize that.

Take care, and educate someone today!

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
The notion a whole ocean may be lost is ridiculous!

Do you know how many nuclear experiments were carried out in the pacific! !

However thats not to say this isn't bad! This is terrible for that region

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

FYI: A normal coal powered station will emit far more radiation in it's life time than any nuclear reactor, barring a major catastrophe, but people only moan about CO2 when thinking of coal...

You're comparing apples and oranges. A nuclear reactor in full meltdown would produce much more radiation, and that is what is being discussed. There are also technologies being developed to reduce the amount of ash, sulfur, heavy metals, as well as CO2 that are released into the air by coal plants.

www.epa.gov...

Clean coal technology: How it works

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
WAIT JUST A MINUTE!!! My TV box hasn't said anything about Japan in months....isn't that over?

When are they going to tell the truth about the actual accident, then maybe they could start thinking of solutions.

TV box is boss. Do not question the TV Box!

I too have not heard anything regarding Japan from my TV box, (which is actually not really a box but more like a giant slab hanging on my wall) BUT, I did hear that our local nuclear reactor in San Clemente, CA has a radiation leak, and was leaking into the pacific. Then they quickly jumped to some stupid story about a kid who found his dog.

They were definitely trying to downplay the leak. "Dont worry folks, its just a radiation leak at a nuclear facility. Nothing to worry about.!"

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Nicolas Flamel

Not really, as the discussion involves the use of nuclear power normally as people are claiming it as generally unsafe and that countries are decommissioning, in favour of coal/gas plants largely. Yes, the thread is concerned specifically with Fukishima but, if you're going to become a self-imposed mod, why then did you bring up coal power in the first place at all?

Because it was relevant given the context of the conversation and topic, as was my reply.

It matters not how many scrubbers you put in the stacks, the radiation still remains and has to be dealt with. Besides, I was merely raising it as a point to put all the nonsense fearmongering into context about radiation. Bottom line is coal fired power stations (the kind that have been in use for nearly 200 years) emit far more radiation than nuclear, yet do not garner anywhere near the fear that a nuclear power station does, highlighting the blatant ignorance surrounding the whole topic.

A far better idea for power generation would to be to use wind/tidal/solar coupled with hydrogen as a storage medium, but that isn't really what the thread is about so I'd leave it there. Coal would be put to better use (and will most likely be) making carbon-based nano tech, such as graphene, which in a decade or so will be in all our lives..

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by L00kingGlass

I really dislike these kind of stories, there is no factual substance to it, and it only spreads fear. Fear is extremely powerful and dangerous, we should try to limit spreading it if we can.

Hiding our heads in the sand is also dangerous. Would a recent ocean impact map of the radiation spreading into the pacific be factual enough?

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nicolas Flamel

Hiding our heads in the sand is also dangerous. Would a recent ocean impact map of the radiation spreading into the pacific be factual enough?

I'm not talking about hiding our heads in the sand, just saying I dislike stories that are more based on fear than fact and evidence.
edit on 2-2-2012 by L00kingGlass because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedParrotHead
Maybe I'm showing my ignorance here but I have to ask - were the results of dropping two a-bombs on Japan not as bad as for the earth as this Fukushima mess? Seems like the planet hardly even felt the effects ... outside of the Nagasaki and Hiroshima anyway.

Yes, you more or less are showing your ignorance..not a bad thing, we aren't all wizards of every subject.

Basically, a meltdown is similar to a dirty bomb...meaning the really nasty stuff isn't vaporized in a giant fireball...instead it just sort of sits there.

Its better to have an atomic bomb go off in a city than a dirty bomb. an a-bomb may allow you to move back in in about 10 years, whereas a dirty bomb (or meltdown)..we are talking about tens of thousands of years of uninhabitable levels of radiation..and if it gets into the water supply, spreading out, etc..ultimately no good.

But anyhow, take this story with a grain of salt. unsourced from a blog. I suspect this is your standard blogger flipping out from reading into things (happens about 400 times a week on any given subject). May be true. I hope not, and the signs show it probably isn't.

Well, hope that enlightened you a bit more about how nukes aren't that bad, but meltdowns are a disaster.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
hmmm.........Radiation.....to radiate....to bloom
2nd

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

Just because you're not hearing anything on the the boobtube doesn't mean they're not doing anything about it. But I do agree there should be more on this. People should be informed about the situation so they can be prepared if a situation arises.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I don't have time at the moment but in case this hasn't been brought into the thread, Arnie Gundersen is one of the most solid, trustworthy information heroes out there! He says it like it is and is a Chief Nuclear Engineer with decades of experience.

Fairewinds.com / Arnie Gundersen

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join