It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex-Vatican Translator, Mauro Biglino's Alternative Creation/Translation Theory

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by troubleshooter

Only he does it with such style, impeccable credentials, he was really in their employ, and actual evidence.

It makes this ufology experiencer's tired and worn out heart, sing and proclaim halleleujah!
edit on 1-2-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
reply to post by HeywoodFloyd

The Old Testament was not written after Christ.

Its based on the Judaic, which in turn based on other mythologies.

When the Christian Bible was first decided upon, that was a whole different ballgame. At that point, they had the choice to make a new start and restranslate the Hebrew differently, as they all knew that there were several possible logical translations, ie ones that fit into other aspects or legends or histories, that had a cohesiveness.

One thing about his translation is that it has this cohesiveness. It fits like a glove. It fleshes out the Sumar, and the Sumar fleshes out this, and at the same time can have some unusual supporting evidence, when he was contacted by a NASA employee, ie. supporting evidence.

Are you trying to connect ufos/alien into the bible ultimately ?

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

I think he does a good job on his own. And I approve of it.

Even more so, irregardless of whether all the circumstantial and supporting evidence confirms his translation of the words, what is crucial is to realize that there are up to 70 different meanings, and that in itself should give some people pause.

Its fine to have faith, but in a collection of works that span over many thousands of years, and are even said to be borrowed from other cultures, that all were hand chosen centuries after Christ by Rome, with some that were exluded though used in the Eastern Church's, like the Shepherd of Hemres, and some that just barely made it in like Revelations, etc etc. With Christ himself telling them that their father was not God/Goodness and then they tried to stone him to death, and ultimately this lead to his death, one should use discernment and pick and choose what to believe, and only go with what is Loving and Kind.

Polishing up the goodness of a kind and loving heart.

And not giving our power away to the controllers.

So while I concur with his conclusions 100%, there are other reasons for people to examine translations and even the origins of the myths.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I am very glad that we are allowed to continue discussing this extremely important topic.

The Origin of Mankind.

Here is a video clip, in Italian:

the title is "SONS OF THE ALIENS"

Here Biglino says:

1.- Elohim = Anunnaki.

2.- Elohim/Anunnaki created mankind in their likeness, using that "THING" which contains their own "image"

(this is actually the correct translation of that verse of the Bible - Genesis)

that "THING" - called "TZELEM" in Hebrew - is what today we would call "DNA".

I hope this sets this other point.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Only he does it with such style, impeccable credentials, he was really in their employ, and actual evidence.

It makes this ufology experiencer's tired and worn out heart, sing and proclaim halleleujah!

He starts by saying he is just dividing the original words and everyone else is interpreting...
...then he proceeds to set forth his own interpretation ... hmm?

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Pretty much the only thing I am going to add is that any belief system that involves ETs (as the translation provides us, starship and the such, pretty much aliens were having a bit of fun with us) pretty much loses the base of humanity , in my own philosophical opinion

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
Pretty much the only thing I am going to add is that any belief system that involves ETs (as the translation provides us, starship and the such, pretty much aliens were having a bit of fun with us) pretty much loses the base of humanity , in my own philosophical opinion

I don't think it is an either/or...

Unless you see two streams in conflict, the histories make no sense...
...Judea/Christian discussion emphasises one to the exclusion of the other...
...while Mauro Biglino see only the other.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I have read both the books by Biglino.

Before I write any further detailed comment on his books or any of the topics, let me state that is nowhere to be found the idea that those books are anti-something.

While Biglino was translating the ancient texts he (like in the past Rashi de Troyes also stated) the translation from the Hebrew language can have multiple meanings (sometimes as much as 70!) BUT we cannot exclude that the word does not have its basic (default) meaning.

Therefore, by doing his works in the past 30 years he came to realize that if the Bible was translated into his literal meaning then "something else" could be found in there without the need of any "interpretation".

He also states:

- regardless of the fact that he lives in an area claimed to be very active on UFO presence he has never witnessed anything ever before;

- let's consider this "a game" and let's pretend while we read that the meaning is the basic meaning and see "what happens": at the end of it, each one goes back to his own belief as he has nothing else to "push" or "sell" other than his works.

He also tries not to use the work Anunnaki (unless he has to compare to the work done by Sitchin) but uses the term that the Bible offers: Elohim, of which he provides a proper translation (verifiable). In fact I suggest NOT to just believe what he writes but to test his work, using something like the "Strong Dictionary" which you can find on sites like www.biblos.com... along with the Greek, Hebrew and translation in many other languages.

Basically what is required to read his books is an open mind without the fear that somebody is trying to undermine any belief.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by netkomm

Yes, he does really logical conclusions, that he expresses are "not known". By the same token, that is true of the bible in our homes. That translation was an opinion or even driven by a certain family, and yet they really "don't know".

But when he draws his conclusions, he still bases it on some real words that are known in a default fashion.

But he goes further. He also applies logic, and cross disciplinary research which coordinates with other great scholars as well. At first he didn't even speak it thinking who was he to notice this. Until in such a lecture with a guru in the field, this man aslo brought up what he himself had noticed.

When you cross reference to history, and what is known and you have a match. Ie. Sumerian and Judaic, not Sitichin or a fringe translation, but academia, and they dovetail to each other, you have a probability of higher accuracy.

It's just logic.

And to site Catholic definitions, possibly buried deep in scholarly texts. But there nonetheless as to some definitions, because, like I said in my OP, this is probably not just his opinion or translation, but the obvious one. We're the ones not getting the most obvious and logical.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by troubleshooter

He starts by saying he is just dividing the original words and everyone else is interpreting...
...then he proceeds to set forth his own interpretation ... hmm?

I watched that video in Italian and spoke to him so, I feel that this might be an error in the translation of the material you read / watch.

What Mauro is doing is to use the Masoretic Bible.. He uses this text and not any other because this is the so-called "official" text used by Christianity and by the Hebrew.

Why he did that is pretty obvious: to compare two things these must be the same. So if had used the Septuaginta (The version of the 70) he would have had problems because his work could be refuted on the basis that the the text the current Bibles are based on was not the same.

He is not re-dividing the words but he is highlighting that the work done in the past required that kind of "work" to be done. If you have a look at the Masoretic Bible you can see that he is basing his work on that without adding or removing a single comma.
edit on 1-2-2012 by netkomm because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
very good thread Unity. i found the videos very compelling and had no problem with feeling like he was trying to undermine anyone's beliefs or sell anything, but more so supply a more correct translation of the material at hand.

i would love to read more on his work, does he have a book available in english?

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321
This guy is a fraud. I don't believe he ever worked for the Vatican. He can get lumped together with the rest of the Ancient Alien wingnuts. God bless

In fact he has NOT worked FOR the Vatican. He has worked for the Vatican's publishing house called Edizioni San Paolo (or also called Edizioni Paoline).

After he published his books, this publishing house has gone great lengths to try to erase any proof of "his existence" like republishing the books without changing the ISBN number and removing his names as the author (which is illegal) on top of obviously remove any link from their web site.

I have proof of what I say and I would appreciate if you could take the time to verify what I state.

Please log in worldcat.org... and use the search term "Biglino". To simplify, I have some screenshots that proof that some of his works have been catalogued in libraries in the States, which clearly refer his as the author or contributor and with clear and undeniable evidence that "San Paolo" was publishing his works.

As you will notice below, some of his books are in the collection of prestigious US Universities like Yale, not any Tom Dick & Harry can do that...

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

Yes, the first book has just been released in English and it's also available as e-book.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by netkomm

But we'll have to say people can find that on their own if they wish. Because he does many lecture tours his information is being given in these tours for free. And the policy of this site is not to promote the sales of anything else, at least in my understanding. Everyone will have to do their own research on that. Would prefer no links.

That wasn't a royal we by the way, just me, myself and I, we're a team.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by netkomm
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

Yes, the first book has just been released in English and it's also available as e-book.

thank you, i'll do a search for it.

what he says makes a lot of sense since lets face it, the bible material is only as good as the translation, not to mention the corruption that came with many versions since.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River

reply to post by HeywoodFloyd

The Old Testament was not written after Christ.

Its based on the Judaic, which in turn based on other mythologies.

When the Christian Bible was first decided upon, that was a whole different ballgame. At that point, they had the choice to make a new start and restranslate the Hebrew differently, as they all knew that there were several possible logical translations, ie ones that fit into other aspects or legends or histories, that had a cohesiveness.

One thing about his translation is that it has this cohesiveness. It fits like a glove. It fleshes out the Sumar, and the Sumar fleshes out this, and at the same time can have some unusual supporting evidence, when he was contacted by a NASA employee, ie. supporting evidence.

Are you trying to connect ufos/alien into the bible ultimately ?

I believe that nobody is forcing anything inside the Bible... that stuff is already there!

What Mauro Biglino does is only to show us what he has found translating literally the "official" Bible - nothing more than that. Any conclusion is left to one's intelligence.

Moreover, the fact the we "could not" be alone in the Universe is stated by Monsignor Balducci (on national television) and by many other "vatican insiders"...

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by virraszto

Can you please send me the info on his book? Thank you.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by netkomm

Thank you, those links are really good. I will file that site away for reference in the future. I also used webbot to grab those images.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by MarshMallow_Snake

I've already said, don't want that link posted, people can decide those matters on their own.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

That is fine, but there are ways of sending information without posting it in your thread.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join