It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS: Freemasonry Unmasked

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Breaking News.

This evening 10.30pm NZT, the cameras of TV3 will be seen waltzing into the working of my own Mother Lodge.

The female reporter and the crew are greeted as regular visitors for the duration of their filming. The reporter wears a Masonic apron.

The story was filmed by TV3 last night, at the regular working.

Watch Nightline, 10.30pm, TV3 Wednesday 15th September (2 and a half hours time).

No link. This is live to air TV.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This is an interesting part of FAME (a Freemasonry Awareness Month) in New Zealand. There has been heavy bursts of publicity through major media.

The objective is awareness building, no fundraising. As the demographics of the Craft are skewed to older ages this is an active push to build interest amongst quality young men.

Comments are invited from Kiwis who see the story about the Lodge (I am specifically NOT on camera) and from Freemasons about this kind of initiative.

[edit on 15-9-2004 by MaskedAvatar]

[edit on 15-9-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 04:01 AM
link   
I miss the newsworthy aspect of the story. Is it newsworthy because a reporter is inside a secret lodge or because the reporter is female or because the T.V. station is owned by a mason?

I need a little comment from the reporter (a mason) as to why this is newsworthy and not just propaganda or public relations.

Can you enlighten me?

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 04:20 AM
link   
The Freemasons can never win. They are accused of being a secret society and then when they open their society to the non Freemasonic World they are accused of being out to get something. They are people who will always have a hatred of Freemasonry and Freemasons. I think that reasonable people will see that the Freemasons are an essential part of our society and do a lot of good works in that society. Have to go now as I am about to become a shape shifting Jewish alien as described by the eccentric David Icke.

Brother Gerard

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 04:41 AM
link   
It is TV3, a major network in the country concerned, that has determined the newsworthiness of the story.

I bow to their judgment on why this is news. Seems good to me.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Gerard: Freemasons call themselves a Secret Society ...

And they let some people come in with cams to take a few shots of them in maybe some dumb looking costumes.

To capture all information and knowledge they hold from the public, you would need to film their entire history to even scratch the surface of it.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 05:29 AM
link   
righty

I am in NZ and haven't heard of this....

I'll be giving you blow to blow accounts...5 minutes away.

Mason bowled under arm....redneck hit him in the throat....ah tea break...but with the likelihood of rain..a good afternoon all round ? jones has his trousrs down...ah...just an insect bite...girl in tight top looking disappointed....

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 05:44 AM
link   
okay dokey...

I'm watching TV3 (CanWest..it is Canadian owned) nothing yet...just normal news...they don't tend to do features on a weeknight...

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by helenheaven
Mason bowled under arm....redneck hit him in the throat....ah tea break...but with the likelihood of rain..a good afternoon all round ? jones has his trousrs down...ah...just an insect bite...girl in tight top looking disappointed....

Finally, I broke away from Helen kicking and screaming, but she caught me again. Now I am in for it. May the Mighty Reptilian powers activate.. BWAHAHA We need the False Messaiah.. you have been called on. ha ha ha

Funny Helen.

BTW: Helen was joking and so am I.
I would actually call the Reptilian Forces and not the False Messiah.. He is just too busy these days.

[edit on 15-9-2004 by JCMinJapan]

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 06:20 AM
link   
jcm approaches the pitch....lack lustre effort....pasty sushi eating form becomes evident

helen smashes the ball into the stands....a SIX!

crowd roars with approval

[edit on 15-9-2004 by helenheaven]

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 06:31 AM
link   
News Worthy? No, all it is, is a infomercial. Recruitment stunt, nothing more...................

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 06:36 AM
link   
hey

I was incredibly surprised that NZ TV really did run an excerpt about freeemasons

They really did ! I was just mucking about...telling hubby what a cool dude I am..then from my cocktail mixing den...he goes " oh ! that bit you wanted to see on freemasons is on now"

ha ha

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 06:53 AM
link   
For interested parties:

* Outside the Lodge prior to the meeting the reporter feigned some fear and trepidation, and the story cut into excerpts from Eyes Wide Shut.

* The reporter wore a Fellow Craft apron over her jeans and blouse.

* She was given the secret handshake.

* Only signs of reverence and fidelity were used.

* The working involved a second degree tracing board.

* Some of my best friends who are Masons and were bunnies on camera just left our dinner party at home. They had mixed opinions on the presentation of the story.

* magestica is going to go along to my next meeting and demand entrance based on the precedent shown this evening.

* The opinion expressed during the story that "this is the first time in NZ - maybe the world - that a woman has sat in on Masons meeting" is somewhat overstated but piqued the interest of the women watching.

Thumbs up to TV3 for their production and editing.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 07:20 AM
link   
um...couldn't you have down this at any other random point in time?

magestica is going to go along to my next meeting and demand entrance based on the precedent shown this evening.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 07:24 AM
link   
man....I know you guys sweat over the masons....

the golf club club...the squash club...the yacht club....

well...you have'n't even picked our secret club....we give you 25 more years to guess

in the mean time we will just be intolerant...has ha

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 11:06 AM
link   
My Grandfather was a Mason and my Grandmother was in the Order of the Eastern Star (a coed organization that was founded in the late 19th century by Mason Dr. Rob Morris I believe). Like my father, I've chosen not to associate myself with them, as they are little more than a fraternity. I didn't join a fraternity in college and really have no desire to do so now.

Sure, some Masons are rich and powerful (and certainly involved in shady business), but most are just normal guys. The costumes and secret handshakes remind me of childhood clubs not powerful and dangerous secret societies lol. I'm not knocking Masons, as I've had a number of them in my family and they do a lot of good in the world. I just don't buy into the mystique that they've built around themselves.

Like PublicGadfly, I'm not seeing the news-worthiness. No offense MaskedAvatar
I'm sure it's a different story for members of this fraternity.

[edit on 15-9-2004 by fortunate1]

new topics

top topics

join