It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Walled City, Older than Egypt's Pyramids, Unearthed off US Georgia Coast

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by six67seven

and I think it should be stated that some egyptologists/archeologists (what have you) believe the egyptian pyramids to be around 11,000 years old and were built during the last golden age, the last age of enlightenment where people were seeing a peak in scientific technology, consciousness and spirituality.

No creditable scientist believes that - now there are a few fringe writers who hold to that but then ,,,,, what you call the 'golden' age is what is call the neolithic.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
This along with many other discoveries simply proves that what we take as given history is anything but. History is closely guarded without a doubt and I believe that civilization has been as advanced (maybe even more advanced) then we are today. But just like current events (or our soon to be eventual future) simply imploded due likely to size, greed and rape of natural resources. Unsustainability is a b1tch.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

In fairness Hans, it was a golden age in the sense that it was the period of the rise of cities which, to be fair, is a fairly huge leap for mankind.

Im not buying into ancient flying machines and super computers and the like though!

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
I have seen these shell rings before,in South Carolina.

shoutaboutcarolina.com...

There are many of them,but that one you posted is awesome.

Thanks ,Pred!
I live in this area and have never heard of these tribes,go figure.I should get out more a have a look see.One would think with the uniqueness of these people we wouldhave been taught about them in American history in school....It takes me joining Ats to find whats in my backyard!

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian

In fairness Hans, it was a golden age in the sense that it was the period of the rise of cities which, to be fair, is a fairly huge leap for mankind.

Im not buying into ancient flying machines and super computers and the like though!

The Greeks had a meaning for 'golden age'

[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Age]Golden age[/url

But yes the rise of villages to cities (in a few select areas) was an important phrase

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chewingonmushrooms
This along with many other discoveries simply proves that what we take as given history is anything but. History is closely guarded without a doubt and I believe that civilization has been as advanced (maybe even more advanced) then we are today. But just like current events (or our soon to be eventual future) simply imploded due likely to size, greed and rape of natural resources. Unsustainability is a b1tch.

There is nothing particularly unusual about native American living by the shore on a shell midden, its interesting piece of history but doesn't actually change our perceptions.

Yes a number of people seem to believe that civilization was 'advanced', unfortunately there is no evidence to support the contention.

History is closely guarded

By who? .....

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Now that IS very interesting and thanks for the link. So the Greeks were basically suggesting that the Neolithic rather Bronze Age was the golden age? That is how i am reading it but may be off there - seem to be saying that the goddess fled when man became aggressive (which is certainly linked to the rise of City States).

I just love all of this stuff - even the outrageous!

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

ill try not to get stuck on political labels like, middle eastern (oriental, asian) and Siberian (asian)
come on, man---this is a slippery slope. you have only confirmed my point.
but thanks

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian

Now that IS very interesting and thanks for the link. So the Greeks were basically suggesting that the Neolithic rather Bronze Age was the golden age? That is how i am reading it but may be off there - seem to be saying that the goddess fled when man became aggressive (which is certainly linked to the rise of City States).

I just love all of this stuff - even the outrageous!

Every culture seems to have the sense of a golden age, either way in the past or more recent. People also tend to develop a sense of a 'golden age' about certain times of their life

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

come, on--in this age? YOU KNOW WHO. stop acting innocent.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
The first thought that crossed my mind -the Phoenicians.
They were excellent sailors, and their culture started many centuries before this settlement came to exist.
There are speculations that indeed Phoenicians did discover America continent.
news.softpedia.com...
phoenicia.org...
I strongly advise to read above links.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by piotrburz

oh, no--no. it couldnt be something as crazy and conspiracy riddin, could it?

the earth is flat
floride is good for you
the brering land bridge melted, and thats how N America was inhabited...

no, we want to know about BEFORE that # melted.....

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

I agree except the size, greed, and rape of natural resources as today. People tended to have lived in balance with nature because they understood nature provided for them unlike today. History is often usurped by the "conquerors" just like land is claimed by them so too the grand works of the conquered. However I think the Yuchi are probably a close match with the Geechi (Gullah) found along Tennessee and Georgia who have ties to West Africa.
edit on 31-1-2012 by Chai_An because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

actually, the book of the Hopi explains it all. every last detail. Mayan. Aztec. Missisipian. Visitors from the Mediteranian. Its all there in one volume.

Just not sure if I can trust the white mans authority on it.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by rainbowbear

the earth is flat
floride is good for you

It was covered with water - and how far back do you want know about?
edit on 31/1/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Yes , i think you are talking about Menzies Ming Dynasy sailing over to America? Yes, Im familiar with that theory. the movies about Menzies paint the picture that he has no evidence to support his claims however. Im not saying the theory stinks, but the mans credibility does.

Anyway, the Beiring Straits idea leaves out the work in the South and in the Gulf and Atlantic....and has more ties with the Apache and Inka. Not to sound like a know it all here, but there are distinct cultural differences between the southwestern and southeastern civilizations. Also, a lot of proof that they traded goods.

Id would like to know what they called the Emigrant Trail before the whites named it that.
edit on 31-1-2012 by rainbowbear because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

the earth is flat
floride is good for you

Actually this isn't 100% confirmed. There are speculations that homo sapiens who inhabited Polynesia could get to America, sailing nearby the islands like Hawaii,Guam and Iwo Jima, many years before bering land bridge had been created.
www.sciencedaily.com...
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 31-1-2012 by piotrburz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

By those poised to lose from it, mainly the true power brokers, elites, TPTB etc..I hope you don't believe that no such groups exist.

How can you say that there is no evidence for advanced civilization when the skeletal remains are all over the world? Do you not consider the Egyptians, Incas, Aztecs and Mayans advanced?

edit on 31-1-2012 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Yes , i think you are talking about Menzies Ming Dynasy sailing over to America?

No Menzies is just an un-evidenced believer and his 'evidence' made up or badly misinterpreted

Emirgrant trails? Not sure what that has to do with the OP but there's a fair summary on wiki

Wiki
edit on 31/1/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

By those poised to lose from it, mainly the true power brokers, elites, TPTB etc..I hope you don't believe that no such groups exist.

What precisely would they lose? Exist, probably not in the sense that you believe. I don't believe in an all power, secret (sic) group(s) that magically controlled everything - is that what you mean?

How can you say that there is no evidence for advanced civilization when the skeletal remains are all over the world? Do you not consider the Egyptians, Incas, Aztecs and Mayans advanced?

Those folks we know about of course I was referring to the term 'advanced' can mean in fringe speak previous civilizations of earth that were equal or superior to us in technology but not detected by us

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join