It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Walled City, Older than Egypt's Pyramids, Unearthed off US Georgia Coast

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

Great find! Makes me think about all of the other great wonders we have yet to unearth!

S+F

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I don't know why this surprises anyone. Humans came across the land bridge in Alaska long before this. Do people just assume only in the old world would people develop? I mean humans wandered and spread all over. It's easily assumed that cities were built, since much further south in the Americas grand things were being built.

Also, of course the folklore is they are from the Sun....isn't every primitive culture? Sun god and nature gods...all very common ways of explaining what our young minds could not figure out. I am a fan of aliens before gods though...but sadly, it's most likely that it was just us explaining what we could not understand.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   

walls twenty feet in height

Holy crap! Why do they need a wall twenty feet high? Oh probably the tsunamis. Or giant amphibious monsters. I love it when we find new stuff like this. Helps us realize how much we don't know.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by kimish

Clovis first is basically dead, and has been for many years. It was placed on life support when the reality was it should be on the DNR list.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Here is a little video that was also with that article:

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I think when we start looking better and time progresses we shall find even greater more unimaginable things..

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Could it possibly be a semi-perminant viking settlement?

Sound to be around the time the vikings sailed much of the North Atlantic.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   

The latest research seems to support the latter theory. The Sapelo shell rings are filled with not only various types of shells but also the bones of fish such as catfish and mullet, mammals such as deer and raccoon, and reptiles such as alligator. In other words, the shell rings are built from the refuse of daily living and preliminary research shows that this refuse accumulated over a long period of time as opposed to being deposited in a single building event as one would expect if the rings were intentional monuments. Archaeologist Victor Thompson researched and excavated this site over several years. His research showed that one of the shell rings first began as several pits spaced equally apart filled with shell and other refuse. Over time these trash pits turned into shell heaps and later the areas between these shell heaps were also utilized for dumping shells and other refuse. Thus the circular form of the ring took shape as the residents, over a long period of time, continued dumping their refuse between and on top of the original shell heaps.

lostworlds.org...
edit on 31-1-2012 by EpocE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
So they claim to come from sun people?

Also the natives never claim to come over the land bridge, they say the ant people helped them, whatever they are.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by tpaine1809
reply to post by kimish

Europeans have never settled anywhere...They just go in and kill all the ingenious populations and take others land.

I second that motion.

Honestly if I were to examine the story cited in the article, and the way the article describes airburst comets theory, coupled with the ancient Indus valley civilizations descriptions of God's in the sky calling upon the Brahma weapon which would unleash Shivas fury (or something) which as described also sounds likle nuclear blasts, I have drawn the following conclusion.

That our ancient world and the civilizations on it were attacked by an alien race which came to steal our resources. Not caring to colonize the world, they unleased a barrage of nuclear (or thermonuclear) weapons upon all of the planets civilizations' population hubs, thus rendering all of the stability in those civilizations ended overnight. With global anarchy and turmoil about, they thus plundered our lands and stole God only knows what.

I suppose we will only know when they come back, which unfortunately will be very, VERY soon....

Yes, I did believe every word of what I just wrote and I am not being sarcastic. I suppose noone lives through life believing they will be the generation alive when the inevitable change comes that will rock their world. But I have known, I have felt it since I was a child. Cant say why but I do know that I will not enjoy the global stability my parents generations were afforded up until the end of my life. Thankfully it has driven me to be armed and prepared since I was but a mere boy.

Now I have plenty stashed and suffiecient means of defense against the marauding leftovers of humanity. None of us will after all be fighting the "gods" in the sky, they do not see fit to come down to get dirty. Thats is why they have always destroyed us with atomic weapons.

My preparations are for defense against what is left of humanity, because whats left is never pretty.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by DYepes

Damn, bro. Calm down. Nobody coming after you.

May want to take a break from ATS. This place has that effect sometimes.

Seriously, step away. Get some sun. Listen to the birds sing. We're gonna save this. I can feel it.

Do what you gotta do to survive, right? But also remember, these are fellow humans.

edit on 31-1-2012 by rbnhd76 because: Just my opinion. Never hurts to be prepared.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
To comment on 'Europeans' never settling a place

They settled northern Europe which wasn't occupied by the Neanderthals, Iceland & Greenland. They also occupied and settled on a number of islands around the world that they were the first to get to; Azores, Falklands, etc
edit on 31/1/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by tpaine1809

We know that the population was 'ingenious' do we?

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

Why is it so difficult to believe that intelligent life only evolved on this planet once in the four and a half billion years of Earth's existance...and that in the last ten thousand years?

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by works4dhs

My virus guard detected a trojan virus on the website you linked to...

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by LostWorldsORG

... So I decided to take a more typical sensationalist approach I see in mainstream media every day. Looks like it worked because tens of thousands of people have now seen this story and shared it on facebook, etc. I've written this same article multiple times but no one was interested when the headline read "shell ring"....I think a grand total of 30 people read it. But call it "ancient walled city" and people click on the headline and read it. This has been very educational for me.

i found this staement to be extremely amusing. i guess p.t.barnum really had it right. though it might seem sadly telling about the present state of intellectual life on this planet it really shows that we humans are not so different from the 'lower' animals. we also like 'bright and shiny' objects that stimulte our curiousitly.

thanks op for bring this to our attention; all new to me and worthy of more reflection.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by BlastedCaddy

Maybe they were "walled up" from the rising tides, pehaps just enough to let water flow over the walls and when it recieded, it left an abundance of fish for meals, not a bad idea considering how close to the water they are. Not need much ag. for a small colony like that.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Personally I think the most interesting thing about this city is the idea of it being walled.

This probably means that there were other cultures in the area at the time.

Guess they should do a bit more digging and find some answers to just how many there were, and whether it was roving bands or other cultures that would attack them.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Mainstream archaeologists have been finding things like this for years. Most of the finds are ignored because the don't fit in the the "Accepted" Timeline.

For Example modern day Turkey, the ruins of a civilization we know nothing about were uncovered in a desert region. These ruins are approx. 14,000 years old, which would make them one of if not the oldest know ruins on the planet. And that's not the strangest part. This Ancient city was berried in sand not my nature but by the inhabited themselves. While excavating the ruins they come across pottery that is just like the people left it, nicely stacked and everything. And to make things even more bizarre than they already are, the carvings on these stones are so beyond our current technological level, that there is not sign of tool marks anywhere!

The Human Race is 200,000 years old and we have recorded history for only the last five thousand years or so.

It is my personal belief based on what little evidence I've seen that civilization has risen and fallen several times in the last 200,000 years. Some of these collapse can be attributed to climatic change (ice ages) which would have erased and signs of our civilization via glaciers and sea level rise. Or as a species we gave into our less instincts and destroyed ourselves.

Time has a way of erasing the past.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by gymbeau2000
I don't know why this surprises anyone. Humans came across the land bridge in Alaska long before this. Do people just assume only in the old world would people develop? I mean humans wandered and spread all over. It's easily assumed that cities were built, since much further south in the Americas grand things were being built.

Also, of course the folklore is they are from the Sun....isn't every primitive culture? Sun god and nature gods...all very common ways of explaining what our young minds could not figure out. I am a fan of aliens before gods though...but sadly, it's most likely that it was just us explaining what we could not understand.

DNA dating has shown they crossed the land bridge and also identified that they came from the region of the Altai Mountains in Siberia around 15,000 years ago.

However, something else to consider is that around 5500 BC, sea levels were around 100m lower than they are today. Therefore there will be all sorts lost to the ages, buried under tonnes of sediment under the sea.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join