It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government conspiracy to stop you from eating horse meat

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

What a coincidence that someone would post about there desire to eat horse and announce there must be some type of conspiracy against doing so here in the states so soon after the government lifting the band.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1000TonBlocks
Hi ATS,

I believe it is my right to eat horse meat, but the government doesn't want to allow me to eat it. It is wrong and I should be allowed to eat what i want.

Do you want to eat donkeys?

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by saroncan

LOL yes he probably would.

I think he also claimed to be vegan.

But I wouldn't put it past a vegan to eat a horse.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by randomtangentsrme

While I will agree a horse is more useful alive. You saying a hunt will be successful is naive.
I don't get a bite every time I go fishing. Not every hunting trip I've been on has bagged a limit.
All I am advocating is don't rule out the possibility.
I've never ate horse, dog, reptile, or bug. But as it's my life, I will defiantly alter my diet to stay alive however I have to.
If you will not than all I can say is: A very good hunt to you.

Honestly if it came to that, I would save the last bullet for myself.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
WoW eating horse meat? Even the heathens didn't do that, they would never have eaten such a valuable animal!

Horses weren't domesticated with the intention to be food. The intention for them is obvious, they are riding partners, not just meat on some dish!

I think certain animals are fine to eat. We get milk from cows, edible. Goats. Chickens lay eggs. Horses aren't meant to be food, I'm sorry they just aren't
edit on 30-1-2012 by truthinfact because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

So it is. It's not for me to argue with your strong held beliefs.
Oh, and just for the record I have had Escargot and Abalone in the past- I guess as both are snails I have consumed bugs.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by truthinfact

Not riding partners but beasts of burden.

Just like cattle.
I mean cows.
I mean beef.
edit on 30-1-2012 by randomtangentsrme because: added more

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   

for the record...

I have no resentment for you for doing so..

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Doesn't eating horse meat give you the trots?

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   

That was more in reference to my last post. I said I hadn't eaten bugs, but then thought of the snails.

Regardless, I do not see what the harm is in allowing the consumption of horse. Most folks, as you and I have agreed on, would rather use them for a better purpose than food. But why is using them for food so wrong?
I mean, I feed my snake rats or mice, but I wouldn't eat them (at this moment). That doesn't mean that my snake's food is wrong. Just not my choice of food for myself.
I have read many statements to suggest horse meat is quite palatable. Why condemn others for an experience you would refuse?

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Because I mean no harm to the things I love.

Maybe in the middle east horse meat is sought after? :pus:

Here, they are a way of life.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1000TonBlocks
Hi ATS,

I believe it is my right to eat horse meat, but the government doesn't want to allow me to eat it. It is wrong and I should be allowed to eat what i want.

I do love me some deep fried homeless person. And you know, you cannot ride homeless people, so they're even more worthless than your horse!

I shall start Kentucky Fried Hobo. Has a certain ring to it, and the chicken nuggets will still taste the exact same!! Toenails and knee caps.. Same ingredient too!! lol

edit on 30-1-2012 by mainidh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
reply to post by 1000TonBlocks

I don't need a Government conspiracy to tell me to not eat horse meat.

What is the point? It's not like we're all going to die from not getting some animal flesh.

What next, another animal species exploited by the meat industry, raised in pens to be slaughtered for your convenience? If there's a buck to be made...

edit on 1/30/2012 by ANOK because: typo

I do not believe it, someone who posted exactly what I think, and ... it's not me!!

Star for you!!

In a world of obesity it's insanity to say "I should be able to eat flicka!" -- really it is, sheer greed,

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomtangentsrme

Never say never. A friend and I had a debate about this not long ago.
If it comes down to eating or starving, I will eat, whatever I can.

This isn't about starving. It's about obnoxious people who claim it is their right to eat anything just because they can.

Lets all just go suck on a bile duct, because hey. why not, and some people say it's really groovy and cures aids and stuff.

We're not starving. We're all too fat as it is. I cannot imagine a fit healthy person who exercises daily and looks after themselves saying "Yup, I loves me some horse. Ima go complain that I cannot eat a horse..." when there is already enough meat in our society to make babies fat and cause premature death already.

Damn it may as well live in a cave to avoid being eaten by some neanderthal who thinks it's his right to eat me.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   

I agree with you, until the hunt is unsuccessful for a week and the horse has cropped all the land round abouts, and there are two animals starving. You and the horse.
Would you deny yourself food while watching a pet starve?

Would you deny yourself food while watching your child starve?

You can always make more later, when you're satiated and back on the prowl!

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

Yes and it begs the question why people want to kill our horses for mass consumption.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
Maybe I just like horses, and dogs and cats, and hate cows? Eat up darling.

edit on 1/30/2012 by ANOK because: typo

Cows... they're just evil I say...

and those chickens mentioned at the end, damn them!!!!

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by mainidh

Never say never. A friend and I had a debate about this not long ago.
If it comes down to eating or starving, I will eat, whatever I can.

This isn't about starving. It's about obnoxious people who claim it is their right to eat anything just because they can.

Lets all just go suck on a bile duct, because hey. why not, and some people say it's really groovy and cures aids and stuff.

We're not starving. We're all too fat as it is. I cannot imagine a fit healthy person who exercises daily and looks after themselves saying "Yup, I loves me some horse. Ima go complain that I cannot eat a horse..." when there is already enough meat in our society to make babies fat and cause premature death already.

Damn it may as well live in a cave to avoid being eaten by some neanderthal who thinks it's his right to eat me.

It's about people claiming the government cannot dictate what they can and cannot eat.

There is no difference between what you eat be it shellfish, pigs, cow, lamb,fruits and veggies, or gator, and eating horse.
Sausage was spiced meat injected into intestine. I think that is what sausage skin still is. So a bile duct is not far off.

Horse is leaner than farm raised pork and beef, so the truly health conscious should pick horse protein over other meat products, at least here in the USA.

link   
reply to post by 1000TonBlocks

I would'nt touch any red meat other than lamb.

If it was allowed in my cultural foods, I still would'nt touch it simply because it was the partially due to a horse that brought my grandfather home alive after WW1.

Horses were not meant to be eaten. They are man's best friend!

link   
I would try horse. I'm pretty open to trying anything. I've actually had zebra meat ...which is close enough to horse, and it was really nice. There's a butcher and fishmongers in the town where I live that supplies allsorts of exotic and unusual meats and fish.

Other stuff I've had from the same shop are ostrich, pheasant, squab (pigeon), kangaroo, shark, crocodile and aligator.
They were all very tasty! Yum yum!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join