It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palestinian TV airs show praising Fogel family murderer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
i was surprised that a search of the headline and also the names involved turned up nothing.
i have no doubt there is more to the story and post some of what i come up with.
without more knowledge, the article states very little info, i don't have much more to say, yet.

In weekly show dedicated to Palestinian prisoners in Israel, Hakim Awad's mother and aunt describe convicted perpetrator of Itamar attack as a 'hero and legend.'
Palestinian television aired an interview with the relatives of the Fogel family murderers earlier this month, praising the two cousins convicted with the brutal attack as "heroes."

The broadcast was aired as part of a weekly show on the Palestinian state-run station called "For You," which focuses on Palestinian prisoners incarcerated in Israel.

The show featured the aunt and mother of Hakim Awad, who along with his cousin Amjad was convicted of brutally stabbing to death five Fogel family members in an attack on their home in the West Bank settlement of Itamar on the night of March 11, 2011.

Hakim Awad's mother sent her regards to her son, proudly describing him as the perpetrator of the Itamar attack and that he was sentenced to 5 consecutive life sentences.

Awad's aunt then proceeded to describe her nephew as a "hero and a legend."

The unusual broadcast was reported by the Israel-based media watchdog organization Palestinian Media Watch

Late last year Amjad Awad was convicted of the murdering Ehud and Ruth Fogel, along with three of their young child-ren, Yoav, 11, Elad, 4, and Hadas, 3 months old, before fleeing the scene. His cousin Hakim was convicted a month earlier. Both men were sentenced to five consecutive life sentences by an IDF court.

source

eta, ah, there it is.
a couple threads came up under fogul family murders.
[www.abovetopsecret.com...]ats thread[/url]
edit on 29-1-2012 by rubbertramp because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-1-2012 by rubbertramp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

The show featured the aunt and mother of Hakim Awad, who along with his cousin Amjad was convicted of brutally stabbing to death five Fogel family members in an attack on their home in the West Bank settlement of Itamar on the night of March 11, 2011

wow , what a crazy psychopath . The mentality it takes to take part in such an act.... He is the type of people , with such mentalities that i want to make sure takes a course before owning any kind of gun .!

the women clearly who praises it , is nothing but a selfish , racist , nationalistic , inconsiderate silly women .

You don't praise a murderer , Nothing about killing someone is right. Sure there are cases where its justified but nothing to celebrate over . Murder is a terrible thing to do , to someone . Its the ultimate justice you can give to someone on earth. There is no whoops , heat of the moment retakes =/

Late last year Amjad Awad was convicted of the murdering Ehud and Ruth Fogel, along with three of their young child-ren, Yoav, 11, Elad, 4, and Hadas, 3 months old, before fleeing the scene.

Outlandish !
, There is nothing to justify this . To add praise to this and call it a legend . Just shows the ugly side many people we walk amongest with everyday . disgusting.
edit on 29-1-2012 by yourboycal2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Surprise, surprise! 15th century culture acts like they are in the 15th century.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by yourboycal2

Not taking up for any murder, but if you really love your family don't move them into illegal settlements where people who you kicked out may come back for revenge. I can't go camp out on my neighbors lawn then play victim when he comes and punches me in the face. Not taking sides here I'm sure this family was just trying to raise their kids. Gotta see all sides though.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong
reply to post by yourboycal2

Not taking up for any murder, but if you really love your family don't move them into illegal settlements where people who you kicked out may come back for revenge. I can't go camp out on my neighbors lawn then play victim when he comes and punches me in the face. Not taking sides here I'm sure this family was just trying to raise their kids. Gotta see all sides though.

Exactly right. And this is something that has been happening to the Palestinians for a while now. You reap what you sow.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Honestly, im disgusted by some people here on ATS.

Totaly sad... Very Sickening..

You actually find this justifiable? Shame... Shame...

If this is what ATS turns into, this kinda garbage.. I'm through, here.

THEY WERE CHILDREN YOU FKING NO GOOD WASTE OF LIFE! Fking assholes!

edit on 29-1-2012 by theRhenn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRhenn
Honestly, im disgusted by some people here on ATS.

Totaly sad... Very Sickening..

You actually find this justifiable? Shame... Shame...

If this is what ATS turns into, this kinda garbage.. I'm through, here.

THEY WERE CHILDREN YOU FKING NO GOOD WASTE OF LIFE! Fking assholes!

edit on 29-1-2012 by theRhenn because: (no reason given)

The problem you have is that they were Jewish children. This kind of stuff happens very often to Arab children over there. Except the people doing the murders are usually dressed in uniforms funded by US taxpayers and noone gives a hoot.

Its a mess over there.

edit on 29-1-2012 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
But they are kids! To say "i told ya so" here in these forums.. I mean, what the hell??? These are INNOCENT children. I dont give a rats ass what's going on anywhere. When you have children involved and people crap this kinda ignorance out of their mouths... displaying it here ... have they no shame???

I mean what gives?

I contribute this kind of idiocy as to why the world is what it is today. There are NO boundaries, divisions, nationalities, races, religion... NOTHING when it comes to innocent children.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
And you should know better... If you count yourself as a mature adult with any decency at all... You wouldnt be one of them...

I bet your parents would be proud of how they raised you...

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
it was undoubtedly a disgusting act.what i'm still interested in is what drove these 2 relatives to commit such a crime?
did they plan it on their own, was it their relatives who pushed them into it?
lots of questions come to mind.
i still haven't had the chance to do much research.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
this hints to retaliation.

That prompted settlers to firebomb a house in Huwarra village, which saw two Palestinian children taken to hospital for smoke inhalation.

source

Palestinian kills Israeli settler family March 12, 2011
AFP

A Palestinian has killed five Israelis in an attack on a West Bank settlement, who according to media reports were all members of the same family, including a baby and a toddler.

An Israeli army spokeswoman confirmed to AFP on Saturday that a Palestinian got into the Itamar settlement near Nablus in the north of the West Bank and killed five people, but did not elaborate on who the victims were.

Israeli reports suggested that the victims had all been stabbed to death in their beds.

According to the Israeli news site Ynet, the victims were a month-old baby, two children aged three and 11 years old, and their parents. Three other children managed to escape and raise the alarm, Ynet reported.

The army had launched a search of the area to find the attacker or attackers, said the army spokeswoman.

An AFP photographer noted that military checkpoints had sealed off all the roads in the district and the residents of Itamar had been told to stay at home.

Palestinian security sources said that Israeli soldiers in jeeps had deployed in the sector, sending ambulances to the scene, and said an army helicopter was flying over the area of the attack.

Tension between Palestinians and Jewish settlers in the area has been extremely high in recent days.

On Monday, Israeli soldiers fired live rounds at Palestinians after they clashed with Israeli settlers near Nablus.

Ten Palestinians and a Jewish settler were wounded during the violence, according to Palestinian medical sources and a spokesman for the settlers.

A week earlier, police clashed with settlers in the Havat Gilad outpost west of Nablus as officers moved in to remove a caravan, a tent and another half-built illegal structure there.

They also smashed up shops and cars in the southern city of Hebron and settlers also cut down 500 olive tree saplings that had been planted on the site of a former settlement outpost.

The settlers routinely react when police and soldiers demolish structures in settlements or wildcat settlement outposts in what are known as "price tag" attacks, which often target Palestinians.

This violence against the local population is a direct response to what they consider "anti-settler" activity by the Israeli government.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Tuesday warned hardline settlers that such attacks were unacceptable.

The last deadly attack on a West Bank settlement was on August 31 last year, when four settlers were killed near Hebron, in the southern part of the West Bank. Two other Israelis were wounded in an attack the following day in Ramallah.

The following month, the Palestinian Authority of president Mahmoud Abbas, said those responsible for both attacks had been arrested. He identified them as members of the rival Hamas group that controls the Gaza Strip.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRhenn
And you should know better... If you count yourself as a mature adult with any decency at all... You wouldnt be one of them...

I bet your parents would be proud of how they raised you...

My parents told me not to steal and that there were consequences to my actions. Any murder is horrible, men women or children, Jewish or Arab.

If you fail to see why these people are pissed off, the same kind of stuff will happen.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

Assuming you know what your talking about, which you obviously don't, wouldn't a retaliation needed to be aimed at soldiers and not infants sleeping in their beds?

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gramlengo
reply to post by mayabong

Assuming you know what your talking about, which you obviously don't, wouldn't a retaliation needed to be aimed at soldiers and not infants sleeping in their beds?

Exactly! Not... "The problem here is.. these kids are jewish".

That's not a problem. The problem is.. There are sick MFs out there who dont cherish any life at all. They chalk it up to "Wrong place wrong time". I want 5 minutes alone with these nutz.

Just give me...!

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

Poke the bear, slap the bear...shoot the bear.

Hmf, you can tell someone is trying to purposely piss someone else off.

Here we go again....

top topics

join