It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police roll out video surveillance truck called The Peacemaker

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Source story and video

FORT LAUDERDALE— Tania Ouaknine is convinced the police are watching her.

She's not paranoid — it says as much on the red sign painted along the side on the hulking armored truck that's been parked in front of her eight-room Parisian Motel for several days.

"Warning: You are under video surveillance," reads the bold message on the side of the truck.

From the front bumper of the menacing vehicle, another sign taunts: "Whatcha gonna do when we come for you?"

The truck is a new weapon for the Fort Lauderdale Police Department in the fight against drugs and neighborhood nuisances, and it looks like a Winnebago on steroids. They call it "The Peacemaker," and it may be a first in South Florida.

Surveillance vehicle gets parked in bad neighborhoods. Bad guys hate it. Most seem to be ok with it. My friend in Washington state was a Narc cop and he had a truck that had a camera hidden in the toolbox in the bed. I think there is more of this going on than people realize.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Oh now that is cute. It's not sneaky or hidden to spy on citizens in any underhanded way, so I don't see any problem. It must absolutely drive the bad guys bonkers though. 360 degree coverage means if they can see it, it is recording them. Oh that is just too good. Talk about ending crime on a street for the time it's parked there. Either they stop committing them, or the film will insure the idiots all go to jail for what IS done. Either way, crime is over until it leaves.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Most things that have the word "peace" in them from law enforcement..

means 2 things..

1 they are equipped with massive amounts of firepower..

2. they are gonna shoot you or someone near you...

peace!

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by kawika

Thanks, but already read this along with most other ATSer's on Drudge, hours before you looked there and decided to copy and paste.

Any original thoughts of your own OP?

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Awesome. Another expense paid for by the war on drugs.

Yeah, lets build these expensive ass vehicles instead of training GOOD police officers. Sorry, but I really don't see how this is going to fight crime. A big ass truck that has COPS written all over it? Unless they can put 1 of these on every block of the street (which is another whole tuna on it's own), it is just a waste of money.

Or better yet, park a bunch of these in DC. Survey the people who cause REAL harm to the US.

edit on 28-1-2012 by LeTan because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-1-2012 by LeTan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

I took this in Fort Worth Tx not 3 weeks ago...

notice some smartass tagged it...

edit on 28-1-2012 by rbnhd76 because: OMGcat!

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Very soon the citizens of this country will wake up to the fact the the secret to power is the recognition of it. It's a matter of time until we realize "wait a f'n minute! We paid for that truck. Let's turn the cameras, the NSA screening of emails and phone calls at the government!

Once that happens, you can bet your ass that no "empathic, humanitarian, faithful public servant, US Senator will ever spend $10M trying to get a job that pays $175k.

The end is near alright. Let me drive that truck to DC and see how long it takes me to catch a congressman stuffing his pockets or the hind parts of some unlucky page boy.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by freedom12

If you would read what I wrote, my friend, the Narc cop, has as his cop equipment a stealthy pickup truck, that has hidden in the toolbox, looking out a gap, a camera that can record all around the vehicle. So probably even though the one in the story is well marked, there are some out there that are hidden in plain site.

Clear enough? Let me get my crayons and draw you a picture.

new topics

top topics

join