posted on Apr, 16 2003 @ 04:03 AM
" Documentation from FreeRepublic informs us that, in order to obtain their tax-exempt status as religious bodies, churches in the United States
1. Be incorporated
2. Have a recognised creed and "IRS approved form of worship"
3. Have "IRS approved code of doctrine"
4. Be neutral on political issues
5. Pastor must answer to IRS as to "daily activities of the church"
6. Pastor must supply a list of all donors - make the books available
7. Church must advocate and support racial integration
8. Church may not engage in activities opposing pornography
9. Church may not support legislation saying "children belong to parents" rather than "the state"
10. Church may not form a Political Action Committee nor support legislation "opposing lotteries and gambling"
11. Church may not publicly declare "we are to obey God rather than the government"
Only point 7 is good. I don't like the others IRS " Commandments ".