It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The mystery of 100+ mpg cars, and the disappearance & deaths of men behind it

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
for anybody that is interested and doesn't feel like doing th research,

look for documentary called
GasHole...

Its about these very subjects and has a wealth of information...

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Here is a wing you can add onto any car, called the ram implosion wing, that will make pretty much anything get at least double the mileage by helping overcome wind resistance.

rexresearch.com...

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Here is a great website all about hydrogen power: waterpoweredcar.com...

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Here's another one:

www.spiritofmaat.com...

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

But it still makes you wonder whether or not some of the inventions of the past were stifled by the auto industry.

More likely the Oil Industry.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

Anyone as sick of the status quo as me?

I certainly am. Nice thread on a very relevant topic

Source
All one needs is a CNG Conversion Kit to run CNG, and research shows the HHO gas bonds nicely with CNG. A rather large investment, some $1000 worth, but the benefits would offset that cost in a few months time.

I am as well.

You know I've always wanted to put an HHO gen on my Ford Ranger ('02-4.0-V6) but never could think up a "safe" way to inject the gas into a fuel injected system (plastic manifold) without blowing my truck to smithereens...

now comes a brilliant idea, convert to CNG (derp), and I would very much appreciate any -good- links you may have..

"we'll never get 200mpg!"

I don't care if it's a 1/4 that! (50mpg)

Somebody hook a redneck up...lol

Thanks for a good thread,

FATMAN! and ROB A HOE!, to the Budmobile! (well, google anyway)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptChaos
Check this out. Plans, schematics, everything, on how to modify ANY car to run on hydrogen.

All the skeptics will cry, "HOAX" but this guy claims he's been running it for twenty years.

Thanks for that, friend. I got my original ideas from Carl Cella, in fact, I still have the plans printed out in my files. The trouble for me was the electronics involved, and all of the sensors involved. I needed a simpler way. When Electronic Fuel Injection came along, I saw my chance. The way mine works is I cut the electrons feeding the fuel injectors to an ultra lean condition, and replace that with HHO gas, which expands when hot and fills the combustion chambers.

img.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 1/28/12 by autowrench because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
One of my older customers was an engineer retired from the company that makes Holley Carbuerators.

He told me he knows that they can make carbs that will get 100 mpg, but the auto/fuel companies won't let them do it. In the 60s, he was getting 40 mpg out of a land yacht from a carb that he designed himself.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptChaos

I have been a Marine engine tech for 20 years. I have seen this done on a friends car but it kind of defeats the purpose when you consider rebuilding the top end of the engine to fight the moister and if you let it sit for more than a day you could freeze up the engine due to rust forming in the cylinders if you did not switch it back to full gas before you shut it off. That is something old Bob Lazar will never tell you.

I think as of now the best gas engine on the market is Evinrude's E-tec system. Find out how it works and you will agree. Pound for Pound its the most powerful consumer engine with the least amount of parts. They have large rebuild capable fuel injectors pushing over 500 psi, the injector coils are first cooled by the fuel then injected directly into the cylinder.

Thanks to our ignorant government putting Ethanol in the fuel, many people have had their injectors fail due to the water in creates corroding the injector coils. This wouldn't happen if the people would change their fuel filter water separators more often. Lack of use also causes this water to separate in the fuel tank.

If you took this E-tec system and installed it on a car engine you would see massive fuel millage improvements, given you had the ability to change the fuel mixture.

I think in the long run everything is going to switch to CNG but with the idiots we have in Congress it wont happen for awhile.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
There was a neat old dude who ran the fish and chip shot across from our high school (in the late 50 s)
His name was Lowel Campbell....
He was a tinkerer and inventor who simply wrapped a long copper coil around the intake manifold of his six clylinder nash.
By preheating the gasoline he claimed, with a few small mods to the carb, (the jets) 90miles per gallon.
His aim was to get the fuel to break down completely into vapour on entering the combustion chamber, and so it would be completely consumed by the ensuing explosion at top dead center.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

Excellent engineering analysis. You beat me to it. Well done.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by c3hamby
One of my older customers was an engineer retired from the company that makes Holley Carbuerators.

He told me he knows that they can make carbs that will get 100 mpg, but the auto/fuel companies won't let them do it. In the 60s, he was getting 40 mpg out of a land yacht from a carb that he designed himself.

If that is so then you would think they would have fixed their power valve problem over 20 years ago. The first time you have you engine backfire you can kiss that goodbye. I never understood the ignorance that went into their carb design. You have to install the carb and test the vacuum and then disassemble the carb and install the proper power valve just to get the engine to run properly.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Just a warning. Unless you have been a Technician before don't try this stuff in your garage. It's not worth your life and property to play with your fuel system.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
The other day while searching for UFO movies in itunes I found a movie about Nikola Tesla ( ufotv is the company that has the rights to this movie ), I rented it in itunes because I like to view it in a TV and also I like to pay for quality instead of viewing the movie for free without quality.

Anyway you can view the entire movie thanks to youtube.

Here you will discover how Tesla has an idea to give to all the world free wireless energy for cars, homes, and anything.

edit on 28-1-2012 by lke123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Who do you think killed them? Big oil and their goons, duh. Im willing to bet big oil was also behind nikola teslas death also. Cant let the population find that free energy devices at all cost.
edit on 28-1-2012 by LonelyGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Also, i think mr john weston could be a very wealthy man if he started a buisiness converting peoples cars to have better mileage. Id be thrilled if i coupd even get 100mpg on my jeep. I can dream.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stryc9nine
tom ogle story makes me sad. you know he was murdered.

You don't know that at all. You suspect that, but that doesn't make it so.

and for the record, there is no reason why the oil companies wouldnt want more life out of their gas. In fact, it would be beneficial to them. If we figure out a way to get 5 times the mileage per gallo, they can simply increase the price by 5 times and that way they have a longer run at the profit. It would simply last longer and if we were paying the same price to travel the same distance that we do now..who would really complain?

This conspiracy theory makes no sense at all.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
"48 hours to charge from empty"
(my manual quote should be similar to the OP)

granted, a person should be plugging it in every night and a day's basic job/errands use may not bring it down to even half.
i supposed for very long commuters or travelers, there is prob battery options you can buy/upgrade.

this is assuming the future industry

i cant wait

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
The Corporate system has done more to stifle progres for mankind than it would care to have us know im sure....
I think the best way to utilize alternate fuels would be to design engines around the fuels rather than convert the existing klunkers.
Perhaps the Wankel engine (Mazda rotary) or the opposed pidton engine (german subs diesels)
Or other types could be better suited to certain fuels...(at least the pricipals involvd..)
As a kid, i read about a gas engine the size and almost the shape of a football...it was a UK design and promised to be the end all and be all of gas engines
This was a popular mechanics book so could probly be found...
Anyone ever hear of that one?

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by RMFX1
oil companies...have a longer run at the profit

business greed would nean the current man in power wants as much profit in his lifetime.
we arent in an era of family business anymore. you make your money, you retire and sell your seat on the board.
logitivity + loyalty dont really go hand in hand anymore

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join