It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

evolution in modern history

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 04:16 PM
link   
ok peeps i just seen the new kodak advert...its saying how we in the uk can now get prints of the digital photo`s we take(all we gotta do is take them to any boots store) ...so we can put in photo albums etc.etc..i think that this is a sign of modern evolution
kodak knows that to survive it must change...and so it must adopt to new methods or the COMPANY will die
the best METAPHOR i can think of is "tins of beans"
we used to get tins of beans in a fully sealed tin(u needed a tin opener to open the tin)now u get a tin with a ringpull...that has done a death to the companies that make tin openers..to survive they have to change..or die
that i think is evolution in process...
plz remember i am a christian and believe in god and jesus so i am not saying any 1 is wrong is..just we are misunderstood and we dont listen..IMHO
p.s..we ALL gotta learn to learn

[edit on 14-9-2004 by Heratix]

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 08:20 PM
link   
It depends what sort of evolution you are referring to. If you mean biological evolution, then obviously that requires a biological entity modifiying it's physiological characteristics slowly over many generations to better suit a specific set of circumstances. There's alot of debate ove modern evolution & proof thereof, but personally, I think the fact that babies are being born larger, and humans are becoming more dextorous with our thumbs (thanks to mobile phones and the like), while our index fingers are slowly getting shorter and the average volume of our brain is actually increasing are signs of biological evolution.

A company changing it's marketing strategy, product lines, or management structure to me is not evolution it is merely adapting to a changing market place, social attitudes etc etc.

Evolution happens over a period of time, and is often not deliberate or noticed by the entity that is evolving, whereas adaptation can happen overnight and is usally a conscious effort.

A company can overnight change it's marketing strategy or product line, that is adaption. However, over the space of say 30years, through it's many generations of employees with varying attitudes and management styles, a company could go from an autocratic management style to a democratic style. This is evolution (in the corporate sense).

new topics

join