It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man in Kenya hacked in the face by a machete defending an orphanage of 35 children by himself.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   
This guy is a hero.. he put his life on the line... and at the VERY end there is some good news
brighten your day up if you wish
I got this from another site... I won't say the name but the photos will say.. no I don't have an official link besides-
www.longonoteducation.org

(I can't upload a small photo of this--) heres the original photo-- www.reddit.com...

Omari explained to me that many of the kids are very scared to re-enter the home; scared that the attackers are still inside "waiting with knives". So it was nice to see them playing (and eating oranges) outside in the yard.
I figure the story is worth sharing: After two previous invasions during the week, Omari was relatively certain another would occur. He woke up to the sound of footsteps outside his door, he figured it was his mother taking a few of the boys outside to go to the bathroom. He quickly realized that the footsteps were heavy, and that of more than one person; he then saw a flashlight shine beneath the crack of his door. Being the third time this happened that week, he had already stashed a hammer beside his bed. He grabbed it, and threw it at the first person who entered his room. He hit the person square in the head, and chased the rest out.

The following night, the three thugs returned, presumably to avenge their friend. Omari put up a fight but was outnumbered. The last thing he remembers was being struck in the face by the machete. He has been in and out of the hospital since, yet remains positive and confident that the suspects will one day see justice. Until then, I only hope that is courage and strength is felt by all of you.

The orphanage needed $2,000 to help build security for their kids/home... The website this was reported on raised over $48,000 in a day!

i.imgur.com...

if you want to read the whole details I suggest you check out www.reddit.com...

edit on 27-1-2012 by ReadyPower because: added photo

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ReadyPower

Explanation: S&F!

Personal Disclosure:
Hero?
The bloke is a LEGEND!

May he recover quickly and fully!

P.S. Any news on what happened to the orphans whilst he was hospitalized?

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   
They are safe, Omari was 'in and out of the hospital 2 days'

Update: "I just came back from the orphanage..... Let's just say many tears were shed, and many hugs were shared. The children were all leaving to school as I arrived, but I will return around 6pm to take a group picture. I am about to upload the picture and video of Omari's thanks. He's been reading all of your comments, he said he'll read every one if it takes him all day. $44,000. Reddit, thank you."

"I promise I'll do that too. Until the wall is built we will hire a watchman to guard the compound at night."

So, with the donated money they are building a wall with I think 3 feet high barbed wire on top of that. With the rest of the money, food and other supplies. Just hope that some of the money doesn't 'vanish'.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Does anyone know what the attacks wanted?

top topics

join