It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands of voters in North Florida will not be able to watch the next debate from home

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
So when I turned on my older TV that is in my bedroom today, I noticed half of the channels were missing, including CNN.

I remembered Comcast had sent something saying they were switching to digital and that we would have to pick up converters. Since I have a HDTV in the living room and rarely use the little TV, I didn't think much of it.

I didn't work today so I figured I would go out and do a few things, I put stopping by Comcast on my list. Well when I got there, there was a line about 30 people long out the door. I didn't want to wait so I drove off.

My girlfriend later pointed out that this story was in the local news. Source

As I drove off, it occurred to me that this was happening right before the last debate, before the primary election here in Florida. I realized a lot of people in North Florida won’t be able to get converters in time to be able to watch the debate from home.

So I wonder if this was timed intentionally, as a way to keep the poorer Republicans, less informed before the voting.

I also wonder, is there any link between Romney or Bain and Comcast? Could Comcast be up to something?

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by IndieA

Comcast is a big Democrat and Obama supporter.

www.opensecrets.org...

and

www.opensecrets.org...

Here's a quick shot of the totals:

www.opensecrets.org...

edit on 25-1-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
in my opinion this was completely timed to swing the voters

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
(closed wrong thread. Getting rid of the other duplicate thread.)
edit on 25-1-2012 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by IndieA

No, it has nothing to do with the debate. This was planned a long time ago, long before anyone knew who the candidates were or when the debates would be. Folks can watch via Internet.

new topics

top topics

join