It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK jamming IRIB signals from Bahrain

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

www.presstv.ir

The signal of Islamic Republic of Iran Broadcasting (IRIB) channels on the Hotbird satellite provider has reportedly been jammed by British technicians operating from Bahrain.

The transmission of jamming signals on frequency: 12437 MHz, horizontal position, symbol rate: 27500, FEC ¾ began on Tuesday afternoon.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Well, this is not looking good, as jamming those signals would be a logical step towards a strike against Iran. Obviously from my track record, I don't believe Iran poses a threat large enough to warrant another war, and considering the region, the aftermath of said attack.

I really don't think the US can handle this many fronts at once, and I don't see too many other nations wanting to step up to carry the load.

Any thoughts ATS?

www.presstv.ir

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I really can't see the British public backing a war against Iran.

Atleast when we were gearing up to go to war with Iraq, the public thought there was a good reason to do so. We thought they might actually have WMD's so it was in our best interests to help out.

This time, what is there to make us think it's worthwhile? Because they have nuclear energy? Because we have to help the US / Israel if they kick off?

The only way I can see it getting backing is if they come out and say they have or are trying to create nuclear weapons. And even then, I can't see anyone believing our government at the moment...

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
the comments on that link do not fill me with inspiration nor patriotism =(

on topic however, can this be confirmed via another source, perhaps even figuring out what channel this is supposed to be on freeview, i'm less interested in content than weather the story is true.

I'm also obviously contemplating the further implications of 'why'...get back to you on that.

ed: it doesn't matter to them what we believe so long as they continue the delusion that the MAD scenario is the only way to go, I think i'll leave it there, I like my internal organs where they are.
edit on 24/1/2012 by whatsinaname because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueInstinct

And even then, I can't see anyone believing our government at the moment...

I'm inclined to believe you but.......

A mushroom cloud over a city would surely bring support, and I'm one of those crazies who think these governments are more than willing to do that if they felt the need.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
omg this is how it starts.

ALWAYS.

Cut off their eyes.
Cut off their internet and communications.
The last thing to go is the Electricity... and then

Invasion

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by whatsinaname

perhaps even figuring out what channel this is supposed to be on freeview,

Yeah I'd like another confirmation myself, hell couldn't this be related to the solar flare currently? The article does provide the frequency, but not only am I a not satellite user, I have no clue how you'd confirm it.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I was watching a political analyst this morning on US news, and she was saying that California has the largest Iranian population in the US. Over 750,000.

I know Vancouver (Canada) also has a very large presence of Iranians.

Any large scale war that the US and or NATO gets into, will be very complicated in this world of global trade, and melting pot types of countries.

It'll get very ugly.

Unfortunately, this seems to be part of the plan of the US taking over the middle east

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthinfact
omg this is how it starts.

ALWAYS.

Cut off their eyes.
Cut off their internet and communications.
The last thing to go is the Electricity... and then

Invasion

What's next? An EMP burst on their power plants?

Forces are mounting against Iran.

British and French warships protecting USA aircraft carrier!

Hey Iran, go ahead and shoot!

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

hell couldn't this be related to the solar flare currently?

there is currently a S3 class radiation storm effecting earth in relation to solar activity, here is the full description of effects relating to a S3 class rad storm specifically.

Biological: radiation hazard avoidance recommended for astronauts on EVA; passengers and crew in high-flying aircraft at high latitudes may be exposed to radiation risk.***

Satellite operations: single-event upsets, noise in imaging systems, and slight reduction of efficiency in solar panel are likely.

Other systems: degraded HF radio propagation through the polar regions and navigation position errors likely.

my guts saying 'no jamming is different' but its getting pretty active up in space right now so it is a possibility.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Always alternatives, streaming media and proxy servers to transmit the news. They cannot silence the truth.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
One question, why would Britain be doing this out of Barhain. The hotbird cluster is well within the footprint of Britain. I notice they have said British Technicians, that does not mean they have done this on behalf of Britain at all.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
reply to post by TrueInstinct

And even then, I can't see anyone believing our government at the moment...

I'm inclined to believe you but.......

A mushroom cloud over a city would surely bring support, and I'm one of those crazies who think these governments are more than willing to do that if they felt the need.

That would definitely get peoples attention, but I like to think our leaders haven't reached that level of sickness yet..

I can't see them doing anything like that. If they did though, the Olympics would probably be the only time they would consider it. Things seem to be getting heated quickly though, and there's months until that.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
found this, seams this happened some time last week,
source: google > news
keywords: iran satalite

I believe this is related but not the same as an attempt to jam a satalite, there is more too this *searches for more source*

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
This is not the UK government. The UK government does not jam civilian satellites in non wartime situations. This is a fact. I know. Inside information. ask me anything you like about Satellite Communications.... RAF trained.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

Maybe you should read and comprehend before you go off half cocked, it says British TECHNICIANS, not the government. The title, as misleading as it is, is required to be copied exactly from the source article, which is it.

No where does it state that the government is doing this, but it's pretty clearly stating that the signal is being jammed by British technicians in Bahrain.

Anyways, this should be removed from the breaking news, the article I followed to the source was fresh, but this incident apparently took place or started last week.

The UK government does not jam civilian satellites in non wartime situations.

no, but they sure would start jamming them when an invasion was to take place, and it would be retarded to jam them and immediately attack, so the logical thing would be to start jamming, give it a week or so, then randomly strike so they don't see it coming.

edit on 24-1-2012 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters

www.presstv.ir

The signal of Islamic Republic of Iran Broadcasting (IRIB) channels on the Hotbird satellite provider has reportedly been jammed by British technicians operating from Bahrain.

The transmission of jamming signals on frequency: 12437 MHz, horizontal position, symbol rate: 27500, FEC ¾ began on Tuesday afternoon.

It's not just hotbird, the eurobird signal for the Press TV channels seems to be jammed too.

I believe it is;
11222 MHz, H, 27500, FEC 2/3

I've been trying to pick up the Press TV channel through my Sky Box (after it had been censored by ofcom) although as for the 20-25 channels that are detected on this Eurobird frequency they all work with the exception of Press TV.

Have also had a friend try to input the sat info into their TV system (just a generic satellite viewer i believe) and they get the same effect where Press TV is the only channel not responding or playing back.

What are the legal implications of jamming a free-to-view satellite signal in this case?

I've only been able to watch Press TV online via the website since it got blacked out on Thursday afternoon (3 PM GMT). Is there anyone in the UK (or most interestingly specific to Scotland/Wales/Ireland) that can get Press TV via satellite reception? I ask because if they are indeed jamming Press TV, we'd be able to find out if it's being done from within the UK or over-seas as is the case with the headline.

It would be interesting to know if this is just England being effected. Either way, i'd rather watch this on my television than from the computer.... must be a way to get round this censorship.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
steady now fellas, there are no names attached to these supposed techies of the brit kind, its as vague as all these 'scientists said' news articles.

on the plus, I found a corobarating article, some of the information looks like a copy pasta, so im now wondering who made this peice of press. (I hope it makes sense why, copy pasta news articles are a sure fire indicator that someone or group decided how they want the words to be percieved.) ed: it is also possible that they did infact copy pasta and I am analysing too much >_> curse of the cautious.

www.southgatearc.org...

not a mainstream source granted.

ed: I meant to ask, regarding satalites, do you have the equipment at hand to yay or nay that the satalite is infact being jammed or coming in clear? also I suppose it would be wise to hear an experts opinion on the solar variables in play right now, is it possible that there is no jamming at all and the story fabricated?

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by InsideYourMind

The transmission of Press TV to Eurobird is UK based and the company who uplinked it were forced to take it down by ofcom as with the web streaming service too.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join