It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hong Kong water seperating? Whirlpool?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

This is pretty crazy, I have seen whirlpools, really bad strong currents and huge swells in the ocean but never anything like this. I'm curious to the responses of what people think it is. Methane gas release? What would cause this?
edit on 24-1-2012 by mileslong54 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
If thats not fake, thats the scariest thing i have ever seen. I am even less likely to get on a boat now.....

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
All that video needed was "Fin" at the end of it and could have been an 1990's film students attempt at drama, looks like a wave mixed with the wake of a boat no need for the doom and gloom

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I don't speak Spanish, so I didn't understand the writing. What I would like to know most of all:
a) who was filming it and why were they there?
b) why the heck did this person not film more [until it disappears maybe]
c) why no speech? If I was filming anything like that, I would be swearing my head off!

It looks pretty good, if it was CGI I have to take my hat off. However I don't like it when the rest doesn't add up. Frankly I don't believe this has happened. Unless someone can tell me a bit more about it.
Interesting idea though and definitively a new kind of unexplained mystery [I am getting bored with the same old stuff
]

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
wow...... ok this is scary as hell! wtf is that? if it's fake then it's a hell of a good fake, and if it's not, I just don't know what to say, I'm both amazed and scared at the same time.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by On the level
All that video needed was "Fin" at the end of it and could have been an 1990's film students attempt at drama, looks like a wave mixed with the wake of a boat no need for the doom and gloom

A boat wake
you can see both sides of the water moving twords each other and falling into what looks like a hole in the ocean. You can see the current in the water it creates. You can hear the water falling down quite loudly.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

LOL OMG!!! a wave and a boat wake can create a rift in the water? heyyyyyy what is a wave doing breaking way away from shore anyway.... AND DONT SAY SANDBAR. THERE IS CLEARLY NO SANDBAR.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by mileslong54

Very weird. I was going to go with the methane, but then seen that line in the water at the 1:06 mark, not sure whats going on there.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Hecate666

translation - a sailor happened to be filming at the moment a division/ crack opened u. with agreement by the person who filmed this who was travelling at the time.

on a boat near the island of victoria, an eddy/ whirlpool formed on the surface of the water that after transformed into a split/ carck that separated the water.

some think that it was a passing submarine or whale, others believe it was the pressure of underwater pipes, which possibly at that moment was pumping sea water.

does one know if we encountered something beneath which is man made or natural, or simply are we seeing an event that has no explanation. Judge for yourselves.

IMO looks to me like the surface of the water is running on top of a current. possibly caused by seismic activity. reminds me of geography lessons of tectonic plates slipping under one another. a sea-quake if you will and if thats possible!! _javascript:icon('
')

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Fake fake fake. Don't be fooled.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by chaakin
Fake fake fake. Don't be fooled.

Why is it fake, there are such things as whirlpools and methane gas releases that cause that type of behavior in the ocean. You can see the water moving twords the depression and hear it. Do you have a source or an intelligent comment on why it's fake?

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gwampo

LOL OMG!!! a wave and a boat wake can create a rift in the water? heyyyyyy what is a wave doing breaking way away from shore anyway.... AND DONT SAY SANDBAR. THERE IS CLEARLY NO SANDBAR.

The last time I checked there was no whirlpool in HongKong and no strange events happening with the ocean so your argument is invalid

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gwampo

The last time I checked there was no whirlpool in HongKong and no strange events happening with the ocean so your argument is invalid

"Last time you checked" isn't a valid source and doesn't make anything invalid.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Been in and around boats my whole life.
This is not a "boat wake".

Ridiculous.
Nice try though.

Cool vid OP, thanks.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ahmose
Been in and around boats my whole life.
This is not a "boat wake".

Ridiculous.
Nice try though.

Cool vid OP, thanks.

Me too, I love going deep sea fishing off California. I saw that this morning and my first though was there's an Asian Moses?
But seriously it looked crazy to me and I have never seen anything like that so thought I would post it. Peace

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Probably a man made device on the ocean floor used for filtering water or something else. Why else would this guy just so happen to be in the exact spot for a 5 second film shot of this event?

Clearly man made and anticipated by the filmer.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Smell The Roses
Probably a man made device on the ocean floor used for filtering water or something else. Why else would this guy just so happen to be in the exact spot for a 5 second film shot of this event?

Clearly man made and anticipated by the filmer.

CLEARLY huh?

you people sure love to fool yourselves into thinking you KNOW. lol
What a joke.

Sure, it *could* be something man made below the surface...
But it is not at all "Clear" that this is what we're seeing.

Unbelievable. lol

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Gave it a few days, no stories of whirlpools or other strange activity in the seas of hong kong, therefore I stand by my previous comments, I search the net for news everyday so I feel I am a good source, you can pm me an apology

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
that was a cool video! a wtf moment haha.... but just so everybody is clear hong kong is not in japan! thanks

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I looked up the Video in question on utube and it is 11 months old according to them. Whats up with that. Still cool footage IMO

top topics

join