It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do YOU use ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
When I log on to this wonderful website I follow a pretty set path.

Said path is as follows:
1. Check main page .......(if nothing sparks my interest I procede to step 2)
2. Check New Topics......(if nothing sparks my interest I procede to step 3)
3. Check myATS ............(if nothing sparks my interest I procede to step 4)
4. Check Recent posts ...(if nothing sparks my interest I procede to step 5)
5. Check new topics firehose...

And if nothing I see is interesting there ....well I guess I have to go back to work....dang.

I was just wondering if any of you have a certain path you follow when you come here.
So, how do YOU use ATS?

edit on 23-1-2012 by Talltexxxan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
[color=dodgerblue]I check for replies, then myATS, then the main feed..

I find that I am more and more into BTS lately...

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
The link on my homepage goes straight to MyATS. I see if there have been replies to the posts I'm watching.

I have MyATS set up to list the new threads on the left, so I look over the new threads since my last visit.

Then I look at RECENT POSTS to see what the popular topics are in ATS and BTS.

That's about it.

edit on 1/23/2012 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
no wonder the american economy sucks, everybody at work isn't working,they are too busy with the internet!!!
try doing that stuff in north korea and see where it gets ya - shot!

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by reficul
no wonder the american economy sucks, everybody at work isn't working,they are too busy with the internet!!!
try doing that stuff in north korea and see where it gets ya - shot!

Thats why I live in Ameeeerica and not N.Korea.
I still get my work done, just delayed alittle bit in the morning.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
New topics,

that's basically it.

If I want to search for more, then I do.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Talltexxxan

glad you like my humour! i have the luxury of working from home,and yes some days are more productive than others!

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I mostly do this:

- Come online and check messages if I have any, then reply to them of course.

- Check my replies page (found next to messages) to see if anyone has replied to a post of mine while I was offline.

- Go to My Posts and see if a thread I was posting in has received any further replies - I've always checked it this way, lol.

- And then I just go to the Recent Posts page and pretty much refresh it every 5 seconds for the rest of the day.

edit on 23-1-2012 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
pretty much the same way and order as you do bro! although i dig around old posts in the ancient/lost civilizations forum quite a bit. off topic question, do you live in texas or just from there?

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by heavychevy13
pretty much the same way and order as you do bro! although i dig around old posts in the ancient/lost civilizations forum quite a bit. off topic question, do you live in texas or just from there?

I've lived in Houston most of my life.
Lived in Chicago for a year
Lived in Indianapolis for 4 years
And I just recently moved to New Orleans for my job.

God I want to be back in Texas. Sorry to all of our New Orleans members but the big easy sux a$$.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I use it with the internet
2nd lin

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I look at myATS page first. And then make sure I'm still signed in and not banned!
Then I look at replies from threads I'm involved in. I have a pretty long list of favorite threads so I check those, then head to the new topics forum.

At some point I check for the yellow message button on the bottom or the pop up if I have new messages. If there's nothing to peak my interest for very long, I will go elsewhere looking for something new that's ATS worthy to possibly come back and start a new thread on.

And for the owners of the site
. I will at random points click on ads! I don't see a lot of them often....sometimes have to log out to find the ads, but I really do look for an occasional ad to click on. And this is about the ONLY place on the internet that I will intentionally click an ad. Gotta help pay for my favorite site on the internet!

Then...rinse and repeat until I have something else to do for that day.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Home page first, if nothing of interest, onto new topics/recent posts.

If I find something of interest then I often end up spending hours looking up external links to verify or not verify what I am looking at.

All done in the evening after work because I just know how an interesting find can lead me astray

Dark4night (sp-a long time ago), John Lear and Japan Fukushima threads took up a lot of my life.

I have tried to forget ATS after becoming fed up with a lot of sillyness, did so for a few years actually but eventually I was drawn back, now I sift through the silly stuff and sometimes find some gems. I think I am more discerning these days. My friends might disagree.....

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
On Mondays,
I use my ATS with a side of fries and ketchup.

On Tuesdays,
I use my ATS with a double shot of espresso.

On Wednesdays,
It used to be gym, tanning, ATS, but that stupid Jersey shore ruined that for me.
Now it's just ATS.

On Thursdays and every other day ending in "Y"
I check the Recent posts, by most recent reply and find what interests me the most.
Then I check the BTS, to see what I'd like to be humorous in, and post accordingly.

Rinse, repeat.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

haha, never been to nawlins', im born in raised in alabama, i got the chance to explore a small amount of texas back in 2010, and i loved it, i aim to live there one day

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by heavychevy13

haha, never been to nawlins', im born in raised in alabama, i got the chance to explore a small amount of texas back in 2010, and i loved it, i aim to live there one day

Well your always welcome back. If you can afford it, Austin is an absolutly beautiful place to live.
The hill country is gorgous and the people are really cool.

new topics

top topics

join