It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best way to teach, learn? Collection of best learning sites!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
What do you think is the best way to teach and learn.
Also please share your links as to best learning sites around the web for all subjects, areas (just indicate which area).
I have some ideas, whats yours?
edit on 22-1-2012 by BBalazs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

What do you think is the best way to teach and learn.

Its all in the order you do things. This is my personal way of going about it.

1)Listen 2)Learn 3)Practice 4)Share 5)Teach -Calosophy

Listen , and keep your mouth shut . The more you talk , the less listening you do.

Learn , After you listen go back and understand what you have listened to , Research different sources , find out words you don't know meanings of , get the bigger picture , connect the dots etc

Practice , Debate , Discussions , forums , etc with others. To iron out little things you missed before. To also get new insight

Share , take your well researched knowledge , and share it people on your social network , your friends , your family , people in your community , co-workers, your blog , etc.

Teach . Is the final step , last thing you want to do is mislead people with misinfo , disinfo , ignorance . After you have a good understanding of what your trying to preach , thats when you should start teaching it .

But most people skip many of the steps and go straight to teach as if they had the slightest clue lol . Then when you turn there upside down with points they obviously over looked , they get frustrated and start to attack you . It takes more then knowledge to Teach.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by yourboycal2

Good points...
I think you left one very important one out: question. Question everything.
No?

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
It depends on what it is you are trying to teach/learn really.

Metaphysically speaking, experience is the teacher, so sharing and comparing is a good start.
the teacher and the student are blended together in a co-creative process of exploration....

Or at least that's what my mind is telling me....*shrug*

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by BBalazs

Thats one of the points in practice , when you are having discussion and debates.

I left it out many more sub branches

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by yourboycal2

What is best technique for learning.
Is there such?

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
By fear.mmwwhhaaa..
Tell a person or class ‘I shouldn’t say this, but I hear on the grapevine, youre a smart bunch’ encouragement is an amazing teaching tool. then,whatever your teaching style and their skillset, it will be easier.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Thanks, i know it.
But if you have any further reference sources for any area, they are welcome!!!
This could be a thread for collection of good learning sites...

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by BBalazs

Learning in small parts instead of massive information at one time.

Hands-on learning and making it fun.

Competitive learning works well when students are competing for a prize.

Using power point presentations that are comical but at the same time explains the information the student needs.

Educational computer game software is the best, but there's not much out there for higher-end mathematics and science subjects.

...Having said this, if the student isn't motivated to learn it doesn't matter how much education a teacher has, or how fun or creative you make it, if the student isn't motivated to learn he simply won't.

This phrase describes what I've experienced on how we learn, "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink."

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

What do you think makes someone unmotivated?

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
Try this:
www.khanacademy.org...

I was about to link that till I saw you did.

Thats an amazing site. I managed to refresh all my math, learn more advanced math and the site somehow made it fun to do too.

This is one of the best sites on the internet imo, and I think if there were more like this the world would be a better place.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by BBalazs

No role models in the family that promote the value of education.

Being raised in a dysfunctional family.

Lack of discipline and responsibility at home.

Peer pressure to not succeed or become a nerd. (fitting in)

The popularity of low income children who believe acting like a "thug" is cool.

Social promotion in the educational system.

Technology, cell phones and video games have made some children extremely lazy.

Lack of respect, responsibility and hard work which should be learned at home through chores and parental discipline.

Outside influences like reality TV, and movies that depict out of control teens and poor role models like Paris Hilton, Lohan and sport celebrities that get in trouble with the law or their home life. Children model these behaviors.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by BBalazs

i have original perspectives so let me put here mine on this topic

why one need to learn? bc one is always disabled objectively

how teaching can b existing true right object free fact? from what truth is absolute objective existence freedom realisations so teaching in reverse of cheating is freedom knowledge and not truth knowledge
truth knowledge is to cheating while freedom knowledge is to teaching

so a true teacher is who look ok in being never objective just free

that is how from my guess, when one superiority die and freedom value will be certain then teachers will die

that word exist now as an object bc freedom doesnt exist, but when freedom will b relative object freedom sources then that issue concept wont exist

when negative inferiority exist, then anything could represent truth positive superiority but then it must b a clear nothing object possible since meaning all objects to truth realisations
tht is how freedom value could be the only object of true teachings, since of course freedom cannot b teached

but philosophy object is through that concept of teaching right for truth positive superiority always where negative inferiority rule objects life

as we observe the world and its governments conditions, everyone mean constantly exclusively ones values, wether through meaning god glorifications or oness life or satanism rights or relative individual objective existence, it is always about one object value

this is wrong, when one is mentionned then its truth prevail, truth of one is freedom only one sense that by its constancy fact existing become one but still freedom only there never one object

and when freedom is mentionned then its truth prevail, freedom truth is absolute positive superiority free realisations as object concept constancy that become real existing object fact

all existence is to truth rights only that truth realize only

learn about freedom value, learn to accept ur disability as object source in the value of being free from all, learn to respect ur free sense value by meaning its constancy right positively, learn to be of same value out of all and some within all or after a move, same value of being free always one sense, not multiple free senses this is the erea of truth

(post by Malz03 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: BBalazs
This could be a thread for collection of good learning sites...

Imitate Jesus—Teach With Love

“Never has another man spoken like this.”​—JOHN 7:46.

Education (Insight on the Scriptures)

The imparting or acquisition of knowledge and skill. Education is accomplished through (1) explanation and repetition; (2) discipline, training administered in love (Pr 1:7; Heb 12:5, 6); (3) personal observation (Ps 19:1-3; Ec 1:12-14); (4) reproof and rebuke (Ps 141:5; Pr 9:8; 17:10).

Learn From the Great Teacher (book)

Some interesting chapters from that book:

CHAPTER 1
Why Jesus Was a Great Teacher

What kind of things did Jesus teach? And where did his teachings come from?

CHAPTER 3
The One Who Made All Things

Who made the birds and taught them to sing? Who made the green grass? Who made you?

CHAPTER 4
God Has a Name

We all have names. Do you know God’s name? Why is his name important?

CHAPTER 6
The Great Teacher Served Other People

Do you like it when someone does something nice for you? We all do, and the Great Teacher knew that.

CHAPTER 8
Others Are Higher Than We Are

Some of them are good, and some of them are bad.

CHAPTER 14
Why We Should Forgive

Jesus tells a story to help us to understand.

The song above in context in the playlist "Real science, knowledge of realities compared to unverified philosophies and stories"

CHAPTER 15
A Lesson on Being Kind

Learn from the story of the kind Samaritan.

CHAPTER 19
Is It Right to Fight?

What should you do if trouble starts?

Song 141 Searching for Friends of Peace (same playlist as earlier)

CHAPTER 34
What Will Happen if We Die?

Should you be afraid of death or of people who have died?

What the h*ll is HELL anyway? Are you going there? (playlist)
edit on 3-4-2021 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

top topics

join