It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Bible Version - Anybody Heard of It?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I came across this, the Hebraic Roots Bible this morning: www.coyhwh.com...

It claims to be a literal translation, the OT from the Hebrew, and the NT from the Pe#ta, which is the Aramaic version of the Bible. I had read that the Pe#ta was a paraphrase, and I don't know if it is reliable. Maybe KJV1611 will chime in, because this version claims to be superior to the KJV. If any of you have this Bible, please reply.
edit on 22-1-2012 by Lazarus Short because: lah-de-dah

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Was just reading a Zecharia sitchin book. Oh righ t a new bible cool.
edit on 22-1-2012 by anthonygillespie2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by anthonygillespie2012

Sitchin, eh? When I was young, we thought Velikovsky was far out... Both seem to have been way wrong on some things, spot on with other things. Discussion could be endless, but let's keep on topic.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this. I'm very interested in reading this version.

I've just read the first page of it and the first thing I notice is that it says all creatures were created with a living soul. Interesting.

edit on 22-1-2012 by virraszto because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I'm always interested in new Bible versions, they can pick up things that I've missed before. Either be more literal, or more poetic, or easier to understand. But I have to admit that I'm a little worried here.

Who is the Congregation of YHWH, Jerusalem? Did they use people knowledgeable in the field? Was it the work of one person or many?

This may be great, I'll have to look at it some more, but my look will be cautious.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

thanks op .going to check it out and see what I can find out ...peace

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

It claims to be a literal translation, the OT from the Hebrew, and the NT from the Pe#ta, which is the Aramaic version of the Bible.

If it is, then I am very interested in seeing what they have to say.
A translation that is from the primary source, into English, should then be able to be translated BACK into the original language and be the same. If it holds up to that scrutiny, then I'll buy it. Figuratively. It doesn't mean I'll believe it, but I'll accept it as the original.

The problem will being getting someone who is native in those ancient tongues to take the English version, without access to the originals, and then translate it back into those tongues.

Until that is accomplished, and the original is perfectly reproduced via the English translation, it cannot be taken as accurate.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by virraszto

I've just read the first page of it and the first thing I notice is that it says all creatures were created with a living soul. Interesting.

Well, that's VERY good news! Just as I always suspected

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

Originally posted by virraszto

Well, that's VERY good news! Just as I always suspected

Yes, that is hinted at elsewhere, even in Genesis where Noah is told to take onto the Ark every air-breathing creature, "breath" and "spirit" being the same word. As we see in the creation of Adam, having the breath/spirit put into you makes you a living soul. Now, we find that the animals are more like us than previous generation would have admitted. Our pets in Heaven? Yes, I think so.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Our pets in Heaven? Yes, I think so.

In my mind, there is no doubt.
Thanks for bringing this new 'version' to my attention Lazarus!
The Story of Rainbow Bridge

There is a bridge connecting Heaven and Earth. It is called the Rainbow Bridge because of its many colors. Just this side of Rainbow Bridge is a special land.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills and valleys with lush green grass for all of our special friends, so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food and water and sunshine, and our friends are warn and comfortable. All the animals who have been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again...just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing. They miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. The bright eyes are intent, the nose twitches and the eager body quivers. Suddenly, this one breaks away from the group, flying over the green grass, legs carrying them faster and faster.

YOU have been spotted and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, NEVER to be parted again! The happy kisses rain upon your face. Your hands again caress the beloved head and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet...so long gone from your life, but never absent from your heart.

Then, you cross the Rainbow Bridge together...

In memory of all my dearly departed animal companions.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Odd, isn't it, how P-E-S-H-I-T-T-A, the name of the Aramaic version of the Bible, got reduced to "PE#TA" by the censoring software? PETA, and then we discuss lost pets?

top topics

join