It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

H.R. 3553: Genetically Engineered Food Right to Know Act

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Witness2008

Yes, and be as "wild and crazy" on this issue as You might! This is VERY important. And You are doing a FINE job of providing links!

Thank You so much for that!

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

This gets my vote.

I think it would be a huge improvement to also make sure foods and beverages listed the Fluoride content on the labels, too.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

I have always been aware of Monsantos evil. I live in St. Louis most of the time and drive past their headquarters regularly. The thoughts that run through my head while passing their pretty little complex of offices with sculpted, flowered landscaping were murderous to say the least. I have a most active imagination...

I am from a long line of farmers, most have been put out of business by Monsanto

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought

This gets my vote.

I think it would be a huge improvement to also make sure foods and beverages listed the Fluoride content on the labels, too.

I have been very concerned about that Myself. I see "water" as an ingredient, but I don't have a clue how much fluoride is in that water. Could be MASSIVE doses, as there is no such reporting and nothing saying the water used to prepare foods with can't be "fortified..."

I'm glad so many of Us are on board with this (like I thought there would be few... LOL!).

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Here is the mega chart of how much Fluoride is in most foods and drinks:
www.nal.usda.gov...

Just scroll down until you get to the chart. I hope it helps you.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought

Here is the mega chart of how much Fluoride is in most foods and drinks:
www.nal.usda.gov...

Just scroll down until you get to the chart. I hope it helps you.

Nice chart... But I notice a great number of items were only tested once, NO brand names were offered, and if more than one brand of similar products were tested, it's unclear if an average was given or what.

Looks more helpful at first glance than reading the details. (Is there a difference between products that used reverse osmosis water over local tap water...? How does One tell what supply was used? ...)

But thanks for the effort. [smile]
edit on 1/20/2012 by Amaterasu because: typo, addition

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
If ATS and the whole internet community were to mobilise in support of this bill, just like we have mobilised in opposition of SOPA and PIPA, then maybe you would finally see some change for the better.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

I'm all for making it illegal to put Fluoride in anything.
Considering the chart is just a rough sketch, I wish there was more info as well. The thing I liked is that it at least tells you the brand names of the bottled water so you can know which one has the least.

I try to avoid all GM food, but it gets tricky just as you can see with the Fluoride. At least you can detox from Fluoride with Magnesium and Lecithin, but there's no detox for GM food.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

I live in an unfluoridated area (WHEW!)

In case You missed it and for Others on this page, here is a very eye-opening link about fluoride:

www.ahealedplanet.net...

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeachM1litant
If ATS and the whole internet community were to mobilise in support of this bill, just like we have mobilised in opposition of SOPA and PIPA, then maybe you would finally see some change for the better.

I'm a hoping!

Let's spread the word!

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Creating fruits and vegetables that secrete their own pesticide is a crime against humanity. It is obvious to me that trace amounts of poison would remain in the crop. This would in turn contraindicate the entire point of creating it. Look up a cancer chart over the last 10 years. Notice anything? Put 2 and 2 together.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I will definately be contacting my congressmen and asking them to get on board with this. Hell, it worked with SOPA...

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Spartan1776

I agree. Foods with their own toxins built in is heinous! Flag this to keep it on the front page! People need to know!

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this. I have never heard a rational defense of GMOs - it seems to be one of the few areas where almost the entire ATS community stands in agreement. I'll be contacting my representatives on this for sure!

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Son of Will
Thanks for posting this. I have never heard a rational defense of GMOs - it seems to be one of the few areas where almost the entire ATS community stands in agreement. I'll be contacting my representatives on this for sure!

The rationale is owning the food supply - well... That's Monsanto's rationale. (And likely sickening Us so that We pay more to the pharmaceutical industry...and sterilizing Us so We don't reproduce...and who knows what.

Flag the thread to keep it on the front page! Everybody needs to know!

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I really hope this passes. It seems in the US at the moment that they want to feed this stuff to people on the sly, and that scares me more than the food itself.

Of course people have a right to know what they're eating. If commercial GMO crops take off here in Australia, it would be good to have this legislation in the US to set an example for us to follow. This is where Australia stands at the moment with GMO crops:

Genetically modified cotton (herbicide resistant and insect tolerant) and genetically modified carnations (colour modified) are the only commercial GM plants grown in Australia at this time (Bt cotton 80,000 ha; carnations

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

Even a "small field" could conceivably contaminate surrounding fields... Thing is... We just don't know what We're growing unless it's tested.

But yeah. Let's get this sucker passed here and hope the rest of the world models itself after this.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
If Monsanto insists on creating food/bacteria hybrids, we citizens must insist on being informed about their uses in our food supply and the affects on our health.

PLEASE, contact your Reps and Senators and tell them that this bill is vital to America and the world!

Thank you Mr. Kucinich for sponsoring this bill!

Spread the word!!!

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by masterofnone

Thank You for Your support. I, too, have written My reps. I may write Them weekly.

So... What about the rest of You, ATS? Are We going to do this?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join