It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mormon Secret Apocalypse, Will Romney Bring It About?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Like how you have different levels, or degrees, in Masonry, you have a similar system in the Mormon religion to where only the initiates have the secret knowledge given to them. Well, that is all well and good with an esoteric sort of organization like the Masons, but what about a religion which is supposed to be distributed throughout the world, right?
What I am proposing is that Mormons have church doctrine that is secret to the general masses including the ordinary church member. Another funny thing is that they consider non-members gentiles and do not allow them in their temples and are relegated to tabernacles where they can attend devotional services to worship God but not the higher order rituals which are only reserved to the elite.
My point being, they have a doctrine (as it seems to me) of the end of the world known only to the elite and who knows what all that involves. Now to get into a conspiratorial mindset, imagine the world's elite of the New World Order variety gaining access to this knowledge by bribery and good connections, then having a chance to have it analysed by a think-tank and then figuring out a way to put it into action where it is of advantage to their own NWO system and they need a high ranking Mormon in a position of power to pull it off.

edit on 19-1-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I think its more a case of wolf in sheep's clothing. A candidate belonging to that religion advocating violence and war is not in fact demonstrating the Christian values of the faith and so is considered a wolf in sheeps clothing. By their works you shall know them. Not every LDS member is for that particular candidate to lump them all into one group is very prejudiced.

People of the LDS faith vote in their church leaders yes everyone gets a vote.

First of all anyone is allowed into the churches and chapels as long as they are not wearing a mask.
The temples are considered holy places and yes they are reserved for members of the congregations. In the past these temples were burned to the ground by bigots and desecrated. Care is taken to protect what they have set asside as a holy place. It is not unreasonable to expect some sort of commitment to god and their belief system to allow people access to their most holy places. This can be said for any established religion.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

So... the same people that wear holy underwear, baptize their dead relatives, didn't believe that black people could go to heaven, and having multiple 13 year old wives is like totally cool?.... Those people?

They have the answers and hold the key to life, death, and the end of the world?

Haaaaaah!
Best thing I've read today!

edit on 19-1-2012 by tvtexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Joseph smith was called a prophet Dumb Dumb dumb Dumb Dum

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by tvtexan

Being a religion does not make it immune to individual freedom in fact individual freedom is often the cause of such things you have listed. Ignorant s Twits and wolves infiltrate every single organization every one. (ATS Included)

To think otherwise is naive.

To Judge an entire people by the actions of a few is prejudiced. By your logic all Americans should be judged by the actions of its worst. Deny ignorance mate deny ignorance.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shirak
reply to post by tvtexan

Being a religion does not make it immune to individual freedom in fact individual freedom is often the cause of such things you have listed. Ignorant s Twits and wolves infiltrate every single organization every one. (ATS Included)

To think otherwise is naive.

To Judge an entire people by the actions of a few is prejudiced. By your logic all Americans should be judged by the actions of its worst. Deny ignorance mate deny ignorance.

Uhhh.... America is a country, not a religion.
I believe that Australia is also a country, not a religion.

Geography aside, do you think that Mormons, Muslims, Jews, Christians, Moonies, Scientologists, or Buddhists are all correct? Do you agree with all of them? Certainly that level of Pantheism would require years of study, and an iron will for you not to notice the differences.

Do you actually have an opinion about the OP or Mormons... or did you just write this because you couldn't think of anything better than... naive American?

P.S. - I've been to Australia, I found the Kiwis in NZ to be a better lot.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
My girlfriend is ex-LDS and I asked her how she felt about having a mormon president and what it would mean. To my surprise she didn't think Romney would be as nefarious as I thought. She does believe it would be his first order of business to enact laws that make tithing a tax exemption followed by many other laws and regulations that would benefit the mormon religion as a whole.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I don't mean to have this thread to generally bash Mormons and my point is that if you were to survey members of their understanding of the end of the world you would find fragmentary ideas about certain events but no coherent scheme such as something as basic as a timeline. Now there is quite a bit of end times info within Mormon literature and it indicates to me that there may be some larger works somewhere where these bits come from but those are kept safely away from prying eyes.

I was going to do something here where I was going to post a link to an earlier thread where I was talking about a Mormon prophecy like six months ago, over in the Predictions & Prophecies sub-forum, to demonstrate that I did not just come up with this apprehension about the Mormons just recently since Romney seems like he may be the next president. Now I am looking through the list of my subscribed threads that goes back to August 2008 and the thread is mysteriously absent from the list. The thread title was something like, "What would a real prediction look like?". Anyway, I said I did have a real prediction that was given to me by way of an auditory vision, for lack of a more precise term.
edit on 19-1-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SupersonicSerpent

So was Warren Jeffs, and where is he? Right. False Prophets. False prophets and their crazy sex cults.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

So was Warren Jeffs, and where is he? Right. False Prophets. False prophets and their crazy sex cults.

Define false prophet.
One persons definition or outlook on reality does not necessarily make that the final word.

A prophet, a seer an intuitive. Different cultures hold different connections to this whole we call a universe. Different people observe and communicate with it differently. To hate on a person because of their religious views is called bigotry.

Telepaths seers, holy men, witchdoctors, Kahunas medicine men Sorcerers, "Witches" Prophets ancients have existed throughout history. So has religious persecution. The man you are dissing died for what he believed in that is he believed in what he understood enough to be subjected to several beatings. Being dipped in hot tar and tortured. This is a matter of public record. When he was arrested and went with the law to jail for being accused of burning down a printing press. The guards stood aside while men with their faces painted dark to hide their identity came into the jail and shot him and his brother dead. This was bigotry.

Whether you believe in a faith system or not they have existed for millenia for a reason. You may consider yourself to evolved to believe in anything other than perhaps science for you this is safe it is tangible but for some they have experienced that which is beyond what is perhaps possible for you so you mock them for it. Mocking is a coping mechanism. As long as everything fits into the box of your belief system you are safe.

"Everything else is Damned" Charles Hoy Fort - The book of the Damned 1920.

I have known Mormons and they are not the boogie man. I have seen them persecuted for their beliefs. What I do know is that they believe in family and though as humans individually they are flawed they try. For the most I have known them to try to be better. They try to be honorable. No one is perfect.

If the spaghetti monster in the sky religion taught their children to be honorable and to try to be better that to would be a beneficial religion. Any system of techniques which seeks to evolve consciousness is of benefit to not only humanity but all earthlings. I am not pro religion I am pro Humanity and all techniques which teach people to evolve to be better I am happy to be tolerant of regardless of religion.

Bigots however I can not abide and I will call you on it if you are. Deny ignorance.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Shirak

False prophets are people who make no prophecy, preach contrary to Jesus/the word, and claim the title of being a prophet without God's annointing. They self annoint and make of themselves liars. Goes deeper too but this is just the start of it.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Warren Jeffs is to Mormons - - like Jim Jones is to Christians.

I was Mormon for about 5 years. One thing I learned is - - non-Mormon's are "experts" on Mormonism.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   

I have known Mormons and they are not the boogie man. I have seen them persecuted for their beliefs. What I do know is that they believe in family and though as humans individually they are flawed they try. For the most I have known them to try to be better. They try to be honorable. No one is perfect.

Yes!

I went on a 60 year search for God - - which resulted in me accepting I am Atheist.

However - - of all the religions I've tried - - - I would go back to Mormonism - - - because of how they live their lives. They truly practice what they preach (for the most part).

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Shirak

If the spaghetti monster in the sky religion taught their children to be honorable and to try to be better that to would be a beneficial religion.
To repeat my earlier statement, I don't mean to say anything against the general rank and file Mormons and I am saying I think there is reason to believe (if only in my own mind) that there could possibly be a secret apocalyptic scenario known only to the elite of this religion.
The reason for my concern I started to say last night but had to go to bed before I got too far along. I was using google last night to see if I could find a definition for a vision but is only audible and you don't actually see anything. I could not find a term to mean that but I did find a reference to such a thing on a site describing Samuel as having that sort of experience where he heard a voice and thought at first it was Eli calling to him. I was looking for the thread where I described this experience I had back in 1984, probably about six months ago. OK, I just found the thread where I made a post about this and the purpose of linking to this is to show I did not just come up with this story yesterday, now that Romney looks like he could get elected.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
This is a post from last July where I describe this audio anomalous experience I had which was a disembodied voice coming from inside my bedroom telling me about a religion who had a belief that this apocalyptic time was going to start when the angel, Moroni blew his trumpet.
The reason I was having trouble finding it last night is that the thread was moved from Predictions and Prophecies, to the Rant sub-forum. The other thing that threw me off was my taking a line from the OP as the title:

I was asking myself what a truly quality prediction thread would be like.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
Here is a link to a post I made later, on another thread about the same experience that I had so many years ago. I remembered this thing that was told to me by this voice but even after so many years, did not quite understand what it meant. I think I have a better idea now and instead of going with what I earlier imagined it might have meant, I am reevaluating the actual words that were spoken to me, and what I think of it now is that this voice was not telling me that an apocalyptic era was coming about but only an era, according to certain people within a specific religious community, because that was how it was explained to me. I was not given secret knowledge of when an apocalyptic era was to begin, but when it was believed to happen within that belief system.

edit on 20-1-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   

hahahaha..you beat me to it

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
Like how you have different levels, or degrees, in Masonry, you have a similar system in the Mormon religion to where only the initiates have the secret knowledge given to them. Well, that is all well and good with an esoteric sort of organization like the Masons, but what about a religion which is supposed to be distributed throughout the world, right?
What I am proposing is that Mormons have church doctrine that is secret to the general masses including the ordinary church member. Another funny thing is that they consider non-members gentiles and do not allow them in their temples and are relegated to tabernacles where they can attend devotional services to worship God but not the higher order rituals which are only reserved to the elite.

Like every other human construct, the Mormons created a new veil for the special ones to hide behind.

The man you are dissing died for what he believed in that is he believed in what he understood enough to be subjected to several beatings. Being dipped in hot tar and tortured. This is a matter of public record. When he was arrested and went with the law to jail for being accused of burning down a printing press. The guards stood aside while men with their faces painted dark to hide their identity came into the jail and shot him and his brother dead. This was bigotry.

Being persecuted and beaten for your faith does not necessarily mean your beliefs are True. Whatever his (Smith's) relationship with God, all that actually came of it was a new hierarchical structure with elites controlling followers who are denied access to universal knowledge meant for all.

In my opinion, the Mormon's 'secret prophesy' is bunk and I have no confidence that a Mormon in the White House would be a good thing.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by teapot

In my opinion, the Mormon's 'secret prophesy' is bunk and I have no confidence that a Mormon in the White House would be a good thing.

You mean you think my theory that there could be secret doctrine is bunk?
You can think that if you want.
I don't know that I am actually trying to convince anyone that this is true. I just had this supernatural sort of experience years ago and it seems very real, as I described on the thread I linked to, where I was told about an Angel, Maroni and that it was going to blow a trumpet on a date which the voice specified, and a month and a half or so later, when the date came, I paid special attention to the news to see if anything significant happened on that before-mentioned day. There was in fact something very significant that happened on that day from the point of view of the Mormons, where the football team of their showcase university was announced as the national champions. This would have announced the existence of Mormons to everyone in the world who may not have known of them otherwise, having this college football team on headlines of the sports section of every newspaper.
Anyway, this is what happened to me and I feel under a certain obligation to say something about it, since this is how I understand why I would be given this information to start with, which is I am the sort of person who would end up saying something about it in a public way.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Mormons, Mormons, Mormons, the story of my life. I was born and raised in Utah I was not raised as a Mormon which put me at a disadvantage growing up here. Out of all the kids in school maybe around 10 were not LDS. I did joint the church for a minute when I was 21 and married a returned missionary but there was no way I could continue on in that insanity so I left the church very quickly after. Majority of LDS are good people who strive to live how they believe they also try to live to a standard of living that may be difficult for many. They have a prophesy that in the last days the constitution of America will hang by a thread and that one of them will rise up and build Zion all over the nation (or somewhere along those lines). My problem is that they are ingrained from birth to "fallow the prophet", or your priesthood authorities (bishops, stake presidents, so on). The problem with having a president that is in a religion that has been taught since birth it is hard to escape those teachings. So I can not help but to wonder who the real president would be, the LDS prophet, the church has already used their money and influence to effect proposition 8 in California (even though they claim not to). They definitely have the money to influence many things. 10% of everything you make for tithing (starting at 8 years old) which if you want to go to the temple you must pay faithful, and then on the first Sunday of every month is Fast Sunday where they send people to your door to collect the money your family would have spent on the food that you are not eating that day. They also prophesy that "in the last days" (meaning before Christ returns to the Earth) there will be civil wars in America, not war from other countries on America soil because God promised them that.

yes, I am sure the ones at the top know things that the general church members do not. After all they believe when you die we are all sorted into 3 different kingdoms, the highest kingdom is sub then divided into another 3 and to reach the highest to where God lives is for the cream of the crop! Only people who have gone to the temple can get into the Celestial kingdom but don't worry there are missionaries on the other side for all of us who don't buy into it in this life.

I'll stop now because really I could go on for a long time

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

Anyway, this is what happened to me and I feel under a certain obligation to say something about it, since this is how I understand why I would be given this information to start with, which is I am the sort of person who would end up saying something about it in a public way.

I'm gonna go way out "there". I've had visions and experiences all my life. Something or someone guides me.

Therefore I do believe we are "connected" to something/someone we do not see. As I am now Atheist - - I do not believe it is supernatural - - but do believe we are a created race and off-planet beings are Watchers. I believe in Energy Beings/Light Beings "Angels" (real off-planet beings of energy who can manifest themselves in physical form).

I do believe throughout human evolution - - - these beings have been involved and even revealed themselves to some people - - in various ways.

I believe these beings are part of the Jesus story - - not necessarily Jesus himself.

Wrapping up. I do believe Joseph Smith was "visited". Therefore - I do believe there is something real in their belief and that the higher ups have unusual information.

However - - I think there has been much abuse and corruption by man from the original teachings/understanding of what the "angels" revealed to Joseph Smith.

"Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men, even when they exercise influence and not authority, still more when you superadd the tendency or the certainty of corruption by authority. There is no worse heresy than that the office sanctifies the holder of it." en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by terra1

yes, I am sure the ones at the top know things that the general church members do not.

I have a limited background in the subject of the LDS though I am not completely ignorant on the subject, being from California and having an LDS neighbor next door to me who I would go with sometimes after school for religious indoctrination classes. Also a sister married to a member for some time, not being himself religious but his family was. I ended up visiting his family in Salt Lake City and doing the full tour of their visitor center at the Tabernacle. I had some discussion on this topic (the premise of this thread) in another forum with a former missionary and it seems the ordinary member is given a rather fragmentary version of the core sacred knowledge and the real details are left to the higher initiates, so I am left with what information is available to the general public. I found the information in your post very helpful.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join