It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Legendary Lake Monsters From Around The World

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Bump!! I like lake monsters!!

Just heard of this one today !!
Lake Monster of Weatherford, Texas BIGFOOT Species Sasquatch

Unknown Creature in TX

Uploaded on Aug 13, 2010

We travel the back roads and fields of Texas seeking the truth to the most important and mysterious questions of our time. With little more then our guitars and video cameras we enter the dark abyss. . .knowing that it's up to us to ask the questions that others are afraid to ask.
Not taking no for an answer we confront local officials and challenge leading scientific researcher as we fight for the truth. . .

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Awesome thread!!

I love all these accounts from across the world,they all hold a great deal of consistency in description and they can all individually be allocated to a certain species it seems..I have never seen one..But..I was paying a visit to loch Lomond in 2010 and the plan was to camp on an island which of coarse we had to row to by inflatable Kayak..Let me just say that once you are in the middle of these large bodies of water(certainly Lochs)there is a very eerie feel to it,notably the near jet black water and it makes you feel vulnerable..Anyway one day i was on my own rowing(single man inflateable)and was in very open water just cruising along lying horizontal,when i went over 'something' which made me arch my back,as you do when you go over a rock to prevent a puncture,all i can say is that it was very deep and i can't see what else it could have been,as it seemed rounded and not artificial,like a wreck? Plus it was in water hundreds of feet deep..Of coarse i was freaked out and paddled back very quickly..So who knows lol..But a story i thought i'd share nonetheless..

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Buddyman

Very cool!! or not lol!! Now you will never float a long ...with-out thinking....MmMmMMmMmm..

But, really who knows?? Right?

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Firstly; the critter in my avatar space is "Mishpashu".
The interwebz just describes him as a water spirit.
A Native Elder on Manitoulin Island (largest fresh water island in the world) in Northern Ontario told me Mishpashu
is a protector of the people on the great lakes. He is described as a lizard creature with the face of a Lynx with horns like a cow. He lives in caves at the base of the La-cloche Mountains that end at the shore of the North Chanel of Lake Huron in Georgian Bay.
I captured the image on a rock face on the North shore of Lake Superior in 2005.

posted on Apr, 3 2024 @ 08:09 PM
link   
There is Elsie of Lake Elsinore, California, and Allie of Lake Almanor.

Not much chance of Allie being a long lost prehistoric creature, as it is a man-made reservoir built in 1912. A tall tale invented by waggish locals to drum up tourism.

posted on Apr, 4 2024 @ 12:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: dave5426

Not much chance of Allie being a long lost prehistoric creature, as it is a man-made reservoir built in 1912. A tall tale invented by waggish locals to drum up tourism.

Why should they be different?

It's all about the Benjamin's.

posted on Apr, 4 2024 @ 06:49 AM
link   
astonishinglegends.com... The Hook Island Sea Monster.

One of the most interesting types of cryptids to dive into, at least for me, are ocean or water-dwelling cryptids. Mostly because some of these cryptids turn out to be actual animals that exist today, such as the giant squid or the goblin shark. One of the most infamous, photo-captured sea cryptids is the Hook Island Sea Mosnter from 1965.

Link Link

First, let's start with a physical description. It is a gigantic sea monster that resembles a terrifyingly ginormous tadpole. It was spotted in Stonehaven Bay, Hook Island, Queensland. Robert Le Serrec, who had a run-in with the monster, said he saw it with his family and his ship-hand in December, 1964.[/exnews

posted on Apr, 4 2024 @ 07:12 PM
link   
There's an Irish Cryptid/Lake Monster called the Dobhar-Chú.

en.wikipedia.org...ú

In 1722, Grace McGloighlin, locally known as Grace Connolly (her maiden name), lived in the townland of Creevelea at the north-west corner of Glenade Lough. One morning she went down to the lough [lake] to wash some clothes. Some accounts say that her husband, Terrence, rushed to the shore after hearing her scream whilst others say that he went down after she failed to return that evening. Both accounts say Mr. McGloighlin rushed down only to find her mutilated body with the Dobhar-Chú sleeping on top of her. Terrence runs home and grabs a dagger before returning to kill the Dobhar-Chú. As the beast died it let out a whistling yell to its mate, who soon rose from the lough. The second beast chased him from the lough, and after a long and bloody battle, which some accounts say he did not face alone, he killed the second Dobhar-Chú.

I'll be honest here and say that Terrence probably murdered his wife....

edit on 4 4 24 by DampDave because: Wiki link not working

posted on Apr, 5 2024 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: SchrodingersRat

originally posted by: dave5426

Why should they be different?

It's all about the Benjamin's.

That's a broad assumption. The Loch Ness legend (as well as many lochs around it) goes back over 1500 years. Were they printing up tourism brochures that far back?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join