It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is wrong with South Carolina Republicans? Newt...really?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I can't help but wonder what the hell is wrong with these people that they'd actually consider Newt Gingrich?

First, I'm an independent now, but last election voted for Obama (regretfully), since I've woken up a bit and just can't understand the level of greed or stupidity necessary to vote for some of these people. NONE of them are particularly appealing to me. The whole left/right theater isn't entertaining any more, serious things are on the horizon and we need a real leader, one that we haven't seen the likes of in decades.

Gingrich has absolutely no value as a candidate or a person. When you look closely (or just casually really) you find a lying, cheating, backstabbing politician in the worst sense that would almost be guaranteed to break any and every promise for personal gain the minute he took office. His personal and professional record are laughable, the media presstitutes should all fall on their swords for the games of omission and shaping they've been playing with all the candidates.

I just saw the recent SC polls where a good percentage were leaning towards their favorite non Mormon (Newt) and just couldn't understand the logic.

They can't all be that stupid, what is driving this?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I'm gonna get flamed for this but lets say his attitude on certain issues kinda flys down there.....

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
I'm gonna get flamed for this but lets say his attitude on certain issues kinda flys down there.....

You may get flamed, but it's certainly true. And, being from South Carolina I can say that from my own experiences and personal observations. One of the news agencies today, I forget which one, said it best; they called it subtle racism. It's not one sided, it's not even two sided... It's almost like a subtle every-man-for-himself sort of thing here.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I was wondering the same thing. I hope racism isn't the driving factor, but it's just hard to comprehend what they see in him. I'm a democrat so I think we need a real republican or Newt fan to enlighten us

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Paschar0

Don't lose heart just yet. Check out this thread, if you haven't already:www.abovetopsecret.com...

Things could be getting interesting for Newt really soon.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Alright, the problem is this: most older people have jobs. This means they do not have the time to research their candidates very much, so they wouldn´t know much about his character. What they do know is mostly what they see in the debates on primetime tv, the only free time they actually have to do some looking into the matter., and since Newt is a good speaker(his only good quality), it is easy to see why he sways so many of the older folks. So the real problem is actually that the middle aged and upwards have jobs. That is what is catapulting the country to hell.
edit on 18-1-2012 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by VariableConstant

Don't lose heart just yet. Check out this thread, if you haven't already:www.abovetopsecret.com...

Things could be getting interesting for Newt really soon.

Thanks, that is good news if it ever sees the light of day in time and I'm sure would show people a glimpse of the real Newt. I stand by my "presstitutes" description, shouldn't this be the very type of thing a true press would be eager to disclose almost immediately?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

because s.c. votes conservative i suppose

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
South Carolina voters are raised to vote a certain way, always. It's the "morals" of this state, one of the most conservative of all. When I was young I asked my grandfather the difference between a Democrat and a Republican. He replied "Well it doesn't really matter, we always vote Republican and that's the end of it". I think it goes the same in primaries, whichever candidate gets whispered about favorably in the back row of Sunday service is probably going to win outstandingly.

I somehow managed to turn my mother on to Ron Paul, but I think anyone older than that is just plain set in their way. Period. South Carolina is like that about a -lot- of things. Might there be underlying racism involved with this...aaaaaaaaaaaaaabsolutely...but not everyone.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
It's easy to forget a lot of people vote without a lot of information or for reasons I thought would be secondary to your country's best interests.

I like Ron Paul out of all of them, if he would adjust his attitude on social programs and allowing big business to govern itself, he'd be damned near perfect from what I know of him.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Day before voting and I'm watching people enthusiastically cheer Newt for standing up to CNN for daring to ask about his infidelities and character. I almost agree with him as I too am disgusted by all the major networks lame attempts to mimic actual reporting.

It seems Newt's numbers have spiked after this, so is this his reward for being a lying, cheating political chameleon? Just act outraged someone would dare point out your huge flaws (party of morality and family values) and the people will love you?

So is the "Family values and morality" aspect of republicanism taking a break this cycle, damn it's slim pickings or what...

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
That's really the problem, lack of choice.

join