It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paranoid Researcher or Justified Paranoia ?: Is someone watching us learn about 9-11 ?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   
I'm going to allow the bigots to speculate whether I have Jewish heritage or not. It's much more fun that way.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by WhereAreTheGoodguys

My point is you make them out to be Religous Zelots.. Your version of Religous Zelot miss's one thing .. They were hammered drunk and cursing God. Muslims especialy Radical ones do not do this. I could link more post more and say more about just this one subject but do some searching your self and you will see how wrong you are.

I won't claim to know anything about Islam. But I have to wonder if it allows you to make up for your sins in some way. Whether it's a confessional or maybe a strike at their enemies.

But I ask you this. What would you do on Friday night if you knew you were going to die on Monday morning?
Perhaps get a head start on those 72 virgins???

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhereAreTheGoodguys
reply to post by GoodOlDave

Thanks Dave,

Do you work for Akamai

No I don't, and I've actually said too much about myself already. There's one fanatic here who keeps posting odd things like "someday, I'm going to get what's coming to me", and if there are people out there so [censored] in the head that they''d kill John Lennon over supposed secret messages they were seeing in "Catcher in the Rye" then there are people so [censored] in the head that they'd likewise innocent people over these 9/11 fantasies.

a,b&c) Thanks for summary, very well laid out and easy to understand.

Not a problem. Just because I disagree with these goofball conspiracy claims, it doesn't mean I can't stop to help out a poor, defenseless computer.

e) I agree computer threats like the ones you listed should be taken seriously for sure. But where I'm at now with this is a little past someone watching me, I'm convinced they are watching everything and everyone.

It is physically impossible for them to "watch everything and everyone". For every one of them there are 100,000 people they have to watch and they simply don't have the personnel to do it. They have to prioritize the information they receive, so any mention of high level issues like, say "assassinate the president" will hit their sniffers...and I have no doubt THIS post will be read by some gov't agency or another because I posted that...but any automated sniffer they have that flags any mention of "9/11" is going to bring them fifty gazillion hits on high school seniors doing their book reports. Besides, I've seen the near comical efforts you people have done to "prove" inside job claims of lasers from outer space, shape shifting alien lizards, "fake buildings" and the like, so believe me, the gov't has nothing to worry about from your three ring circus.

Don't blame me for this. Blame con artists like Dylan "missile pod" Avery and Alex "secret cults of Satan worshippers" Jones for churning out nonsense to milk the 9/11 conspiracy groupies out of their cash. All I'm guilty of is pointing out they are con artists.

I mean hey if you pulled off one of the biggest crimes/false flags in the history of the country wouldnt you want to know what was being spread around the internet about it ? The connections these companys have to people directly involved and what they do and how they do it is just kinda strange to me.. but thats just my opinion I guess.

Since you seem to enjoy wallowing in all this "IF" this andf "IF" that, then here's one for you. IF even a microbe of what you conspiracy people have been churning out about these "inside job" stories was true, then the conspirators would actively work to keep as tight lipped about the conspiracy as possible...and getting every local and federal and foreign gov't agency imaginable involved from the Bush administration to the NYPA to the NYPD to the NYFD to the FBI to the CIA to NIST to FEMA to the FAA to NORAD to NATO to Israel to Pakistan to Saudi Arabia to even the Red Cross...and now the NSA...might as well be shouting it out on a megaphone.

To quote Julian Assange, founder of Wikileaks, there are enough REAL conspiracies and coverups to be concerned about without having to waste your time inventing these 9/11 conspiracies.

f) I never stated exactly what ports they were on, just a range. Also I do have the latest definitions for all my antivirus, spyware, firewall etc all thanks to Akamai benevolent hosting servies

Wait a minute...are you saying you make active connections into Akamai services to reach the internet???? And you're actually wondering why the heck you're seeing Akamai IP addresses in your traces? Think about that statement. Very carefully. Take your time, It will come to you.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Wait a minute...are you saying you make active connections into Akamai services to reach the internet???? And you're actually wondering why the heck you're seeing Akamai IP addresses in your traces? Think about that statement. Very carefully. Take your time, It will come to you.

Good old dave... gotta love him. Destroyer of coveted conspiracies. Why do you always have to inject logic and pragmatics to take the fun away?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

reply to post by ZeroUnlmtd

Thanks for the reply and thank you very much for not bashing me.

I do not think the goverment is that sloppy either. I mean these comanies are just benevloent deliverers of information, right ? we should hope. One thing they do have is the means, opportunity and from what I've seen the connections to gain vast amounts of information on people and their viewing habbits, maybe even a means to see what they put on the internet. I mean they deliver so many things to peoples computers it would be easy for them to create a "back door" under the guise of a program like say -- your virus protection or something like java or quick time. if you see those process running you dont think twice about it.

The tracerts were not very helpful I just wanted to see how many hops it was to where they were and how many ms it took. I do not really think there was some guy in a CIA/NSA cubical attempting a peer to peer hack, But what I do think is these companies are involved in controlled dissemination of information and disinformation. And are most likely the front line of defense if any truth makes it through to the public.

The people who control the information control the truth. And with the connections these two companys have with the exact people I was researching is strange to say the least.

no problem, but i seriously recommend downloading PuTTy , if you need help on the commands and how to run the program i'm more than happy to help if there is a remote chance at catching the govs doing dirty work.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroUnlmtd
no problem, but i seriously recommend downloading PuTTy , if you need help on the commands and how to run the program i'm more than happy to help if there is a remote chance at catching the govs doing dirty work.

Have you ever even used it? Because I have for about ten years and I'm sorry to say you are making about as much sense here as a housewife on '___'. Why would you pretend to be knowledgeable about a subject you clearly know nothing about?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Don't worry people, the response delay is "ZeroUnlmtd" Googling around and reading Wikipedia trying to fake it, come next reply.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowcrash911
Don't worry people, the response delay is "ZeroUnlmtd" Googling around and reading Wikipedia trying to fake it, come next reply.

You could cut him some slack and tell him Putty is just a terminal emulator (I use it too)...but then he'd probably need to Google what "Terminal Emulator" means...

At this point my vote is leaning toward "Paranoid researcher".
edit on 19-1-2012 by GoodOlDave because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by GoodOlDave

No, It was after the fact, Im sure I connected to them when I was reading their web site and Bio of Daniel Lewin, while researching them. All of that was after the fact of finding the IP's connected to my ports, while I was doing nothing, I admit earlier in the night I was doing nothing but reading ATS and doing some google search's for Daniel Lewin.

But from what I have learned about them they host/mirror etc virus definitions for the virus protection companies and updates for other well known programs computers use, I think it was quicktime and java and a ton more. So in my mind they do have a opportunity for some nefarious behaviors and the people who are connected with them is just too strange.

Anyone is welcome to do some research on these two companies Akamai and Huston base Everyones Internet. What I found still disturbs me.

But I think I'm done with this thread.

I actually learned a few things thanks to "truthers" and "debunkers" alike. I still think these companies help "monitor" for the alphabet departments by flagging key words obtaining IP information or whatever for nefarious or benevolent reasons.

In the end I guess we all have to make up our own minds.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowcrash911

Have you ever even used it? Because I have for about ten years and I'm sorry to say you are making about as much sense here as a housewife on '___'. Why would you pretend to be knowledgeable about a subject you clearly know nothing about?

eh? i use PuTTy to monitor my network and view cookies from devices attached among many things. You sure you've used PuTTy because you sound like you have no idea what you are talking about ?

you've clearly misinterpreted what i've said and assume i was talking about using PuTTy to actually look at which ports are in use, not the case, the use in specific is for monitoring the cookies being viewed and packets being sent on your network, but good job showing you know nothing about PuTTy there script kiddy
edit on 19-1-2012 by ZeroUnlmtd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

But from what I have learned about them they host/mirror etc virus definitions for the virus protection companies and updates for other well known programs computers use, I think it was quicktime and java and a ton more. So in my mind they do have a opportunity for some nefarious behaviors and the people who are connected with them is just too strange.

Anyone is welcome to do some research on these two companies Akamai and Huston base Everyones Internet. What I found still disturbs me.

From my understanding of what they do, they offer cloud based services, which is a fancy term meaning "the programs you're using act like they're running on your computer but behind the scenes they're really installed somewhere else", and cloud based services require some form of client to be installed on your machine to be able to use them, even if it's Internet Explorer. Akamai services include an application accellerator which necessarily requires some utility to be installed on your system to monitor the quality of service. Technically, yes, they'd be monitoring your network traffic but it's to make sure your internet connection isn't running like it's dragging a pickup truck behind it. The point is, it's not a case that sinister secret agents are hunting you down to spy on you. It's a case that you willingly went to this company and willingly requested them to set up your system to use their services. They don't even try to hide what they do. The only things that's sinister or even secret about it is what you're introducing from your own persecution complex.

That said, is it possible that someone, somewhere, may take advantage of this mechaninsm to spy on Americans? The mechanism is certainly there, and companies like Google and Cisco have shown from their dealings in China that tech companies are more than happy to assist with gov't snooping...but this is an issue that affects ALL Americans, not just you paranoid 9/11 conspiracy people who think space lasers destroyed the WTC and the the gov't is planting microphones in your underwear drawer.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   

eh? i use PuTTy to monitor my network and view cookies from devices attached among many things. You sure you've used PuTTy because you sound like you have no idea what you are talking about ?

Would you mind terribly pointing out in detail just how you use Putty to "Monitor network traffic"? The rest of the world (including us) can only use it as a terminal emulation.

We use development snapshot 2011-01-21:r9078. Please, explain that one to me.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoodOlDave
Would you mind terribly pointing out in detail just how you use Putty to "Monitor network traffic"? The rest of the world (including us) can only use it as a terminal emulation.

We use development snapshot 2011-01-21:r9078. Please, explain that one to me.

Seconded. Looks like Johnny Mnenomic here decided to dig an even deeper hole for himself.... Go figure. "Script kiddie" --> classic case of projection.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroUnlmtd

ZeroUnlmtd: I love this thread and I love your attempts to look knowledgeable on the issue. Dave and I would normally probably not see eye to eye on a great many things but I can tell he knows what he's talking about here and we both agree you are full of it!

edit on 20-1-2012 by snowcrash911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Dave, should I construct some IT assignments to expose this guy further?

Might be great fun. Imagine him trying to reverse engineer an assembly listing. Or deciphering a complex regular expression. Ponder over netfilter rulesets.

I am in fact, a script expert. Kiddie was fifteen years ago.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
What's with the sudden silence, "ZeroUnlmtd"? Aren't you going to try to disabuse those of us in the know of our well-founded suspicions that you are an unapologetic fantasist?

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by WhereAreTheGoodguys

I wanted to say that i had a similar expierence around the time of the iraq invasion. First of all My family's company is distantly linked to haliburton. and when i had some spare time around our offices I looked some stuff that in retrospect seems pretty suspicious. I was interested in the geography of iraq so I looked up the baghdad airport on google earth, creeped around some 911 conspiracy sites, checked the weather and flight training times at my local airport(I am now a private pilot), and looked up some bomb making stuff( i am a bit of a pyro). All of these searches are pretty normal for me, but for someone watching me they would seem pretty suspicious. 2 days later wierd stuff started happening, like our our computers being very glitchy, and phones not working properly. I just wanted to share my expierence.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by MaxJohnson

damn, that sucks...these past few weeks, my computer has been refreshing by itself frequently sometimes...every now and then, that is.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join