It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fluoride Linked to #1 Cause of Death in New Research

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

I understand distillation works as well, that's what I use. I can buy distilled by the gallon for .80-.90 cents here. You would be surprised at how much you use if that is the only water you use for cooking and drinking. You can get a deal on both systems on ebay and they pay for themselves pretty quickly. Distillation has the added benefit of producing heat, mine uses 1,500 watts so about equal to a small space heater.

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by SethGecko

Well, first of all, there is nothing beneficial about fluoride, because it's a poison straight-out. It's a poison no matter what dose. The only "issue" is to how "acute" the poison effects are to you. You can dose small amounts of other poisons, like cyanide, but the effects won't be 'acute' until you start dosing heavy or get overloaded with small doses accumulated over time.... Would you want to risk that?

The "benefits" of fluoride for dental health are 'controversial' at best.

To your second part, why "we" don't talk about alcohol and cigarettes, what have you... Is because as an adult, you have the choice to partake in these substances, and it's not given to you against your will. Every adult knows that alcohol is bad for you at virtually all levels, but you can still make the choice. No one really has the choice to "stop fluoridated" water, because they have no other alternatives unless you live off the grid 100% and just be "some creep in the woods".
edit on 17-1-2012 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

Effects on dental health controversial? Please provide a source so that I may refute it with actual data. See, Pre-2000 my dental hygiene wasn't very good. I brushed daily, but that was about it. After one dentist appointment, after not seeing one in almost five years, I found out I was riddled with cavities. The dentist patched me up, told me to use a Sonicare toothbrush, and rinse daily with ACT fluoride rinse. Well, I had a an appointment or two after that, but haven't been back since maybe 2002. And guess what, if I have had any cavities, they were hidden or didn't hurt, or maybe they aren't there. The toothbrush has been good, but I really give all the credit to the fluoride rinse. No cavities in 10 years. Of course I guess there have been side effects, I no longer vote for republicans. And I was a registered republican from 1994, of course that could have had something to do with their lurch to pander to Christianists, but that is neither here nor there.

Bottom line - I have been drinking flouridated tap water and using a fluoride rinse for 35 years, and I have yet to see, or feel and negative things from it. Yes, in HUGE doses fluoride is poisonous, but like the poster before said, so are alcohol and nicotine.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by SyphonX
The "benefits" of fluoride for dental health are 'controversial' at best.

The benefits for dental health have been proven over the last 50 years. The negative effects you and your ilk speak of are unsubstantiated by any peer reviewed studies over the same period of time.

Originally posted by SyphonXNo one really has the choice to "stop fluoridated" water, because they have no other alternatives unless you live off the grid 100% and just be "some creep in the woods".

No one has a choice to stop fluoridated water because fluoride is natural in water almost everywhere in the world. If you live by the sea you are breathing in fluoride vapour from the ocean every day. Even if you live off the grid like you say you will not be able to get away from fluoride. It is one of the most abundant elements on earth. So, you can go on fighting your war on fluoride if you want, but quite frankly it's a waste of time.

Did someone already chime in with the "Nazis used it" myth? LOL that one always cracks me up. Do some research and try to find out if that myth is actually true and get back to us.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkKnight76

I gave ample research links in my op, but perhaps you missed them or didn´t bother to click.

Key Findings - Fluoride & Tooth Decay (Caries) According to the current consensus view of the dental research community, fluoride's primary - if not sole - benefit to teeth comes from topical application to the surfaces of teeth (while in the mouth), and not from ingestion. It is also acknowledged by dental researchers that fluoride has little effect on preventing cavities in the pits and fissures (chewing surfaces) of teeth - where the majority of tooth decay occurs.

www.fluoridealert.org...

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Well since I wasn't replying specifically to you, but to SyphonX, I'll forgive your rudeness towards me.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by TheComte

No one has a choice to stop fluoridated water because fluoride is natural in water almost everywhere in the world. If you live by the sea you are breathing in fluoride vapour from the ocean every day. Even if you live off the grid like you say you will not be able to get away from fluoride. It is one of the most abundant elements on earth. So, you can go on fighting your war on fluoride if you want, but quite frankly it's a waste of time.

I live in Sweden, we do not flouridate our water. Our natural water supply is considered poisonous if it contains more than 0.2 ppm flouride. Tests are performed regularly in every state, to ensure the water is below this level, and they generally are, naturally. If it exceeds this level, the state has to take measures to filter it ASAP or get fined. One such recent case is covered close to where i live.

www.dt.se...

So yes, flouride is natural in water, but in very small parts. Water in the U.S have flouride artificially added up to 1 ppm, which is 5x the amount that is considered poisonous in Sweden. I feel sorry for you guys.

edit on 17-1-2012 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkKnight76
reply to post by NeoVain

Well since I wasn't replying specifically to you, but to SyphonX, I'll forgive your rudeness towards me.

Oh i see. So you are more interested in specific-person-bashing than getting the actual info you requested.

A "Thank you" would have sufficed.
edit on 17-1-2012 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Yes, but now I'm going to use the anti-fluoridationists' argument against them.

They claim that fluoride accumulates in the soft tissue of the body and is not eliminated in a timely fashion. If this is true, then even a small amount will accumulate over time so that everybody, even in Sweden, will have toxic levels of fluoride in their bodies. Do you deny this?

Of course, the truth is fluoride only accumulates in the large calcium deposits (ie teeth, bone, and the pineal gland because it normally calcifies with age) so you don't have to worry. You're ok and so is everyone else.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
My dentist wanted to give my daughter a fluoride rinse. I said, no way, and provided him with a half dozen reports on the dangers of fluoride. I informed him that the AMA has done no studies on fluoride, and will not attest to the safety of using fluoride, EVEN THOUGH they endorse its use for dental caries.
Fluoride is unnecessary. Cavities come from an improper diet.
AMA admits no studies done.
Summary of key studies on fluoride

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by TheComte

Of course, the truth is fluoride only accumulates in the large calcium deposits (ie teeth, bone, and the pineal gland because it normally calcifies with age) so you don't have to worry. You're ok and so is everyone else.

Flouride accumulation is hardly the only problem with flouride. However you are welcome to live in denial if you want, otherwise just click on the link below and educate yourself. You may need to scroll down to see all the major issues, with ample research evidence to support each claim.

www.fluoridealert.org...

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
For all the people saying that fluoride is beneficial to teeth and proven - topical application is beneficial, NOT ingestion. That's why we brush our teeth with it and spit it out afterwards. Vitamin C is beneficial to our health why not add that to the water supply? This has nothing to do with what is beneficial or not to your health; it is however quite beneficial to fertilizer and aluminum processing industries. Also of note is that the fluoride added to the water supply isn't sodium fluoride but rather a byproduct (a different type of fluoride) which are left over from the two industries posted above.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

You should all move to Scotland...we have fluoride free tap water...come on over...you'll like it here

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
S&F

Even if the evidence was inconclusive -- which I don't believe it is -- the fact is, it's downright WRONG for Government to force us into ingesting something that many of us don't want to ingest. No way around it. The fact that they are doing it should be enough to start an uproar of protests and even revolutions all around the affected world, and yet, hardly a whimper. Maybe the fluoride is dumbing people down into good little sheep's after all.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Why don't you think before posting stories like this?

Fluoride is the #1 killer?

Some college or renowned doctor would have proven this via study by now somewhere.

I am just saying that is one hell of a claim and just sounds like bullcrap just reading it.

Someone below OP said Fluoride is more deadly than lead? Wear a tinfoil hat much?

I wouldn't put the Gov above Eugenics (just look at our history) and Fluoride has its good and bad points, but the claim of this story is so ridiculous that it's just not believable nor could ever be factual.

OP should apply their palm to their forehead quickly, making a smacking noise.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by mudbeed
Why don't you think before posting stories like this?

Fluoride is the #1 killer?

Some college or renowned doctor would have proven this via study by now somewhere.

I am just saying that is one hell of a claim and just sounds like bullcrap just reading it.

Someone below OP said Fluoride is more deadly than lead? Wear a tinfoil hat much?

I wouldn't put the Gov above Eugenics (just look at our history) and Fluoride has its good and bad points, but the claim of this story is so ridiculous that it's just not believable nor could ever be factual.

OP should apply their palm to their forehead quickly, making a smacking noise.

I have no idea if fluoride is #1 at anything other than making people stupid enough to wonder if industrial waste added to their water is somehow good for them. Apparently. It's meant for OUTSIDE the body uses, not inside. But we drink it! Gasp Shock! That's BAD for you. The end. Where's the problem?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by mudbeed

Not sure about the accuracy (I'm not a chemist) here is a link supporting that claim.

www.actionpa.org...

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
Sorry, this is not what you think it's about.

It's about the use of a fluoride based pharmaceutical in PET/CT scans.

It is injected into the blood system, hence the study on the cardiovascular system.

Full text:

journals.lww.com...

It becomes clear after reading it.

edit on 17/1/12 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

Oooooh! So its injected into the blood stream its bad....but if you drink it its good? sorry bud but you can have your poison anyway you like it. Its still poison.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by thejlxc

Right, similar to how we dispose of our depleted uranium by dropping it on other countries. I grew up watching old Twilight Zone re-runs. The world has now become one.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
S&F. As usual, there are the standard arguments on this thread about either biased study, improper interpretation of the article, etc. The bottom line however, is water fluoridation is FORCED MEDICATION. As far as being beneficial for dental maintenance, that might work if every time you drank water you swished it around in the mouth constantly. Add that to the fact that TOOTHPASTE has enough fluoride contained to have to call a poison control center if ingested and one can easily see how redundant fluoridated water really is.

Fluoride is accumulative in the body and seems ridiculous to ingest it on a daily basis. The meager/major evidence of health risks associated with it do not justify the minor dental benefits.

If dental health is a concern, that's why we are taught how to brush with fluoridated toothpaste at least a couple of times daily.

It's really a no-brainer. Fluoridated water is a scam.
edit on 17-1-2012 by empireoflizards because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join