It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Idf Commander Tells Troops to "Never Fire At Jews".

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   
www.ynetnews.com...
Since the order was NOT "never fire at protesters" Palestinians are not included in that order. Seems to me and certainly any person of conscience that this unfair application of military law, which the West Bank is under. The fear is that killing a few settlement Jews would provoke a civil war where the settlement Jews would fight against Israel. Seems to me if the IDF is able to control Jewish desent without lethal force, they should also be able to control Palestinian desent without the use of lethal force. Careful Israel, The world is finally waking up!

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

Ah,

Here we go again, another Israel bashing thread based on an assumption without properly researching an article.

The comment made by the Commander has nothing to do with treatment of Palestinians it is in response to the "riots" that are being carried out by right wing jewish settlers who, if you read a few related articles and dig a little deeper, are just out to cause trouble with anyone.

The settlers organised riots in which they attacked both Palestinians and IDF without discrimination, throwing rocks and molotovs and overrunning an IDF outpost. In short it was just a bunch of young JEWISH right wing activists that caused the trouble in the first place.

Settlers Attack

Regardless of this, you shouldn't shoot your own countrymen for protesting. If I came to America and started throwing molotovs at an army base what do you think the response would be?? I doubt I'd get a warm handshake and a cup of tea..

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Truth_Hz

No, of course you should not shoot your own countrymen for protesting, nor should the palestinians be shot for protesting. But many of them are. EVERY time Palestinians protest, even peacefully, someone dies. Look, criticism of the IDF or Israel isn't "Israel bashing" It is simply bringing to light wrongdoing. I'm American and find a lot about US actions to criticise and often do so. It is just that Israeli actions leaves itself open for so much criticism. When I see wrongdoing I will definitely make a thread about it. Looks like I will be VERY busy!

join