It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother Nature Says: "No Road Trip This Week"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
This week's episode of The Truth Is Viral was going to be shot "on the road," but Mother Nature had other plans.
I had to do it in the studio instead, but it should be a pretty good one.

Oh well, there's always next week.

Man, I'm really not digging these sub-zero temps. It's going to take some getting used to.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
That doesn't look so bad there, but there can be a lot of difference in just a few miles, it could be 6 feet deep in other areas, and blizzardish.
I hope you have an emergency kit in your car/truck. Food, blanket, you know the stuff.

When it doesn't go away for 6 to 8 months of the year, you get used to it. Sort of. It's still a pain in the butt.
-25C here right now. And I'm snowed in, until the neighbour comes over with his tractor to dig out a very long driveway.

Important - keep your feet and fingers warm. And your scarf over your nose.

I hope you have decent snow/mud tires.

www.fiercetires.com...
I have the tires on the left, year round. Mud terrain works better in the snow than snow terrain, but I have to be careful if I find ice.
I need a 4 wheel drive though, that's what has me snowed in.

Hot chocolate and Sambucca is soothing.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit
That doesn't look so bad there, but there can be a lot of difference in just a few miles, it could be 6 feet deep in other areas, and blizzardish.
I hope you have an emergency kit in your car/truck. Food, blanket, you know the stuff.

When it doesn't go away for 6 to 8 months of the year, you get used to it. Sort of. It's still a pain in the butt.
-25C here right now. And I'm snowed in, until the neighbour comes over with his tractor to dig out a very long driveway.

Important - keep your feet and fingers warm. And your scarf over your nose.

I hope you have decent snow/mud tires.

www.fiercetires.com...
I have the tires on the left, year round. Mud terrain works better in the snow than snow terrain, but I have to be careful if I find ice.
I need a 4 wheel drive though, that's what has me snowed in.

Hot chocolate and Sambucca is soothing.

It was only 6 inches, so no it wasn't that bad; but it's not something you want to drive 200 miles round trip in. The first time I lived here, 25 years ago, we had 364 inches of snow over the course of the winter. After one particularly bad week I unscrewed the fins from a pair of water skis and tied a rope to my truck. Since there was a 15 foot snowdrift up against the house I had no problem getting on the roof and yelling to my soon to be wife, "GUN IT!"

If only I'd had a video camera rolling to record the massive fail that resulted.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

After one particularly bad week I unscrewed the fins from a pair of water skis and tied a rope to my truck. Since there was a 15 foot snowdrift up against the house I had no problem getting on the roof and yelling to my soon to be wife, "GUN IT!"

If only I'd had a video camera rolling to record the massive fail that resulted.

If you get lots of snow this year, you absolutely have to do that again, and definitely have someone record it!!

I remember my husband falling off the roof one year, we had too much snow and he was up there shovelling. No way could he have gotten hurt, he fell into 7 feet of the stuff. The hard part about that is getting out again.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit
reply to post by OldCorp

After one particularly bad week I unscrewed the fins from a pair of water skis and tied a rope to my truck. Since there was a 15 foot snowdrift up against the house I had no problem getting on the roof and yelling to my soon to be wife, "GUN IT!"

If you get lots of snow this year, you absolutely have to do that again, and definitely have someone record it!!

I remember my husband falling off the roof one year, we had too much snow and he was up there shovelling. No way could he have gotten hurt, he fell into 7 feet of the stuff. The hard part about that is getting out again.

There's a big difference between 25 and 50 sweetpea.

I'd probably break every bone in my body.

new topics

top topics

join