It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Philip Corso's Son Reveals That Roswell Craft Was A Time Machine

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   
If we could travel faster than the speed of light, we would get to where we were going before we left

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Although I've heard much of this before, thanks for sharing information about it. I never heard they had two brains which is kind of creepy, but we already have people with machinery in them, e.g. prosthetics, pacemakers.

I like the old joke that “Time is nature's way of keeping everything from happening at once.”

It seems to me that there is only one way to avoid time travel paradoxes, when going back in time. For example: traveling to the past, killing your grandfather, so how could you be born to go back in time? The way to avoid paradoxes like this, is if you actually travel to a different timeline or parallel universe, while the original one remains unchanged.

I don't think we should test this even if we had the technology, Bradbury's butterfly effect and timeline distortion could be quite nasty and unpredictable.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by corsair00

So, perhaps you should spend more time researching other areas if you find so much of this BS. That is just a friendly suggestion. Unless you rip it off for some of your writing, I do not see the point.

How polite! I criticised Corso Jnr and you appear to be criticising me rather than the points I made. Also, if you care to point out an example of me ripping off ideas for my writing I'd appreciate it. I generally litter my posts with links, sources etc.

You frequent this forum a lot and yet you are not even familiar with Philip Corso? I cannot spell it all out for your directly. The Day After Roswell was written by Philip Corso and his son is Corso Jnr.

When I asked *who* Corso Jnr was, it was a rhetorical question to highlight that he's just the son of someone and not an insider or authority on anything substantial. In that light, his tales were as credible as Eisenhower's great granddaughter. I'm fully aware of who his father was and have read the book and the manuscript. Unfortunately, I'm one of the guys who don't believe his story.

This doesn't mean I'm not intrigued by what his motivations and game-plans were.

You wrote a lot about your views on New Age speakers, but mostly all I got out of it was: "I am an atheist. I am an atheist. I am an atheist."

Not an atheist really...more agnostic. I look for the patterns and details in the stories of alleged witnesses and whistle-blowers. The familiar themes presented by known hoaxers become red-flags when they show up in the accounts of other claimants. The Philly Experiment was a self-confessed hoax so when it's used to support the claims of a 'source,' we're in a position of actually knowing the person is being untruthful.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
First time I've heard this. An interesting theory. I'm not entirely sure I buy in to it though.
I'm going to have to track down the original book and give it a read.

What if the aliens were time travelers. Time traveling aliens. From the future.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by nwdogg1982

The videos ARE available.....just watched them if you click on to the link. It takes about 1 minute or so to upload.

video.google.com...#
edit on 15-1-2012 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

I'm sorry if I sounded too harsh. But if I were a writer, I would rip off aspects of this story for a science-fiction novel. It is super obscure and quite brilliant actually. It would even make for an excellent movie. Same with aspects of the Dan Burisch story. I don't necessarily believe it, but I do find it fascinating.

I am just used to the Penn & Teller types who have a harsh attitude towards anything spiritual or New Age or "out there". I try to keep an open mind, so I get upset sometimes when atheist bully types attempt to destroy people's belief. The Death of God was declared by Nietzsche more than a hundred years ago, I think. We have lived through that and are opening up to a scientific/spiritual worldview. No need for religion or atheism any longer.

As for the son, if he really is that involved with building aircraft with people like Burt Rutan, and is a military brat with intelligence connections, perhaps he is not a "nobody" after all?

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
If we already know that a ship crashed in Roswell, New Mexico in 1947.

Why would we send another ship back in time to Roswell, New Mexico 1947?

If I owned an expensive time machine, I wouldn't want it to crash or waste people's lives...

I could see how they would think that UFO's are time machines,
because Einsteins Theory says that the faster you travel, the more time slows down, (me) due to drag from Space/Time

If he has this "Secret Information" as to how these UFO's travel back in time,
Then why doesn't he have the Physics to back it up?

How would they know it was a time machine without understanding the physics?
Maybe the time travel story is a lie told by the aliens to protect the location of their home world, in-case they get tortured or something

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by lapzod
First time I've heard this. An interesting theory. I'm not entirely sure I buy in to it though.
I'm going to have to track down the original book and give it a read.

What if the aliens were time travelers. Time traveling aliens. From the future.

Read the book here. Free download:

www.4shared.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nicolas Flamel
It seems to me that there is only one way to avoid time travel paradoxes, when going back in time. For example: traveling to the past, killing your grandfather, so how could you be born to go back in time? The way to avoid paradoxes like this, is if you actually travel to a different timeline or parallel universe, while the original one remains unchanged.

These paradoxes exist because people are trying to work with 2 Laws

(NonLinear Time) Traveling to the past, killing your grandfather (Linear Time) so how could you be born to go back in time?

It's almost like asking the question "If a tree falls in the forest, and nothing is around to hear it, Does it make a sound?"

As long as there is consciousness, Time will always be linear..
The only way time could be non-linear is if you travel to a dimension void of consciousness, or has omnipresent consciousness
edit on 15-1-2012 by DjSuperman because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-1-2012 by DjSuperman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by DjSuperman

The sending it back into time again thing is pretty effed up. I am not going to lie. He emphasized several times that the concept that this craft was from the future and that it needed to be replicated and sent back again was "their best guess". But it is a pretty demented guess. There must be more to the story. Either that, or they have cooked up a convenient little metaphor that allows them to operate in the dark for as long as possible. I am sure there is an element of time travel, or time anomalies, involved with the UFO technology. But, I would think that creating many different craft as soon as possible would be the best approach. Who knows?

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I believe there is some truth to this Philip's story. I think why so many people refuse to believe it is because they expect photos and copies of the original documents etc.

As Philip said early on, he admitted he sold out.....did he have a choice with a wife and 3 kids? Hardly.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by lisa2012

Thanks for the link, Lisa. That's awesome. That is for the William Birnes release of The Day After Roswell. The original manuscript - Dawn of a New Age - can be downloaded here: www.archive.org...

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
to my senses... the whole group of 2nd generation Roswell participants are busy creating ever more embellished 'episodes' of their parents direct participation...

its like having a cash cow presented to you

bully for those that have chosen to milk that cash cow, i for one remain stubbornly aloof from the claims of off-world aliens, spiritual or dimensional travelers, or now even lab created AI enhanced bio-trons with functioning 2nd brains laced with crystals and nano neural robots that defy 'time travel'...
sci-fi fodder for the eager believers... but entertainment only in-my-book

Frank Zappa had a song... 'We Are Only In It For The Money' i believe it was when the Mother's of Invention was the band
edit on 15-1-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElOmen
I'm sorry but time machines can't exist due to the fact that time is an idea made by man and therefore time is irrelevant

This theory is the most ignorant theory I have ever heard about time travel.

You are saying if man gives something a name, that somthing is his creation?

What about the word "Age"?

My children we're once crawling on the carpet, in the past. Or what would you call it?

Time is a measurement, like degrees in temperature.
edit on 15-1-2012 by emaildogs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by nwdogg1982
Just watched the first video. If you want a synopsis of that video, just read the OP. He pretty much covers the basic gist of it. The video is this guy pretty much saying that the crash in Roswell was a time-traveling robot-probe type deal, it spawned the creation of many important technological discoveries in the early 60s, and the technology is too advanced to allow the immature humans of today to have access to. He goes on to mention how space travel is not possible, as anyone that tries it will die, and time-travel is a dimensional travel, as all time exists simultaneously.

Oh, so that is all there is-- hearsay, speculation, and vague support?

I wonder how much his honorarium was?

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
There is a whole episode of Star Trek Voyager which talks about a similar incident of a time ship that kick-started the entire computer revolution.

"A young hiker, Henry Starling, finds the timeship in 1967, and steals its technology to found his own company, Chronowerx, which leads to the computer revolution of the nineties."

en.wikipedia.org...

Somewhat of a paradox I suppose.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by corsair00

It doesn't make sense because there were not astonishing technological jumps.

We still fundamentally can see the evolution of everything we have. Nothing seems out of place nor without prior knowledge. Nothing is "out of no where".

Thus how can there be any sort of reverse engineering? Nothing advanced suddenly and seemingly without prior ability to.

Yes.

And the inverse might be true-- rather than technology coming from future technology, the paranormal notions come from something ancient:

The concepts of Crystals as sources of energy grew out of New Age spiritual beliefs-- and for the most part, remains there-- Atlantis, Pyramids, Ancient Aliens and such spawned by the mixing of Eastern Mysticism with a modern technological society -- nether of which those blending the two understood.

Also known as "Hippies."

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
all time travel is possible with the theory of parallel universes, or what i like to call parallel earths.

we were all born on our birth time-lines. when we travel back in time to do anything, we create a second timeline that has split off from our original one.

there are an infinite amount of parallel Earths that exist, where hitler became world leader, where JFK was never murdered, where dinosaurs never went extinct, where education is the most important thing on earth, where love is the most important thing on earth

there are also infinite parallel earths that exist where THE ONLY THING THATS DIFFERENT from OUR parallel Earth is: i'm missing a finger, or your cup of coffee spilled, or where you tripped and fractured your ankle..

all these parallel Earths exist simultaneously in the infinite dimensions that is our wonderful universe.
this is simply an example of the Creator knowing itself in ALL possible ways.

when we time travel to the future or past, we DELINEATE from our original timeline/parallel Earth, and effectively join/create a new timeline/parallel Earth which (ideally) is EXACTLY the same as the universe you just left, except in that there exists another you that is the time-travelling you.

this is the only way time travel can ever make sense.

this is not a new theory, it is sometimes called the Omniverse, a universe of seperate universes.

the only thing that nature creates is diversity. why should it be any different with time? there MUST be an infinite amount of parallel universes where ALL possibilities actually happen.

this is another example of how consciousness CREATES it's own reality. through the use of "free will" we navigate through the possible parallel Earth's and choose a reality that suits us best.

if i used my "free will" to become a psycho maniac like Hitler, I would start to change my frequency and my resulting frequency would match the frequency of a parallel Earth where I exist as a psycho like Hitler.

likewise, if i consciously used "free will" to become a buddhist monk, my consciousness' vibration would rise, and my consciousness frequency would start to manifest with a matching frequency, on a parallel Earth that has the most "fitting" frequency for my new consciousness to exist.

Dan Burisch explains this idea pretty well in his old Project Camelot videos.

this theory also coincides with some channeled works, and new quantum physics models...& physicists like Dewey B. Larson.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
ty OP - this thread is ATS at its best =)

has been a long time that i heard something like this that seriously made me think, this story sounds too crazy to be possible but as we know these storys tend to be true....just look at the last 100years....we made such a big jump in technology and we are just at the beginning...

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Well...do not know what to make of this....except someone else making money off an event shrouded in mystery...after I thought it was a weather ballon and that was that. if this gentelman is to be believed and this was a time machine from the future...I guess we can finally lay to rest the 2012 end of the world junk...after all if this machine arrived from our future...50-thousand years....it would seem all is still good and the Mayans are wrong as are all of the threads on 2012...which some posting here have contributed to as well as created.

Cannot have it both ways...either we die this year in December or whatever date it is changed to after we celebrate another new year or somebody is wrong. Since this man is like his father making money from lectures and books why not sday he has new information not published...sell some more stuff....Well I am really tired of all the 2012 junk threads anyway so now we know we survive at least 50 thousand years after 2012 because of a time machine that crashed instaed of a weather ballon in Roswell...which was investigating the UFO that was supposed to have crashed....???? Does this even make sense....IMO no.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join