It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Psychology of Uniforms.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I think uniforms are a very interesting idea.

Uniforms are everywhere if you think about it. Workplace uniforms, school uniforms, sports uniforms, military uniforms, etc.

If you wear a uniform, it tells people that you are a part of something. If you see someone in the same uniform as you, you can relate to them. Uniforms can even change the way we act. In public situations, if you are wearing a uniform, you are portraying the group that the uniform belongs to, so you might find themselves acting in a more professional way, as they don't want to give the people who wear the uniform a bad name.

Uniforms go back to very early times. It makes you a part of a group. I find it to be a fascinating idea how much psychology there is behind uniforms.

What are your thoughts on uniforms?

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SolarE-Souljah
I think uniforms are a very interesting idea.

Uniforms are everywhere if you think about it. Workplace uniforms, school uniforms, sports uniforms, military uniforms, etc.

If you wear a uniform, it tells people that you are a part of something. If you see someone in the same uniform as you, you can relate to them. Uniforms can even change the way we act. In public situations, if you are wearing a uniform, you are portraying the group that the uniform belongs to, so you might find themselves acting in a more professional way, as they don't want to give the people who wear the uniform a bad name.

Uniforms go back to very early times. It makes you a part of a group. I find it to be a fascinating idea how much psychology there is behind uniforms.

What are your thoughts on uniforms?

I think uniforms are another way of giving us our "sheep" mentality. Also the fact that when you go into a profession that requires a uniform/dress code, you are REQUIRED to wear it, therefore drumming it into people's heads.

I'm against any and all uniforms, as it promotes uniformity, and I believe in individualism.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I wear scrubs.....We used to wear all white, then we were allowed to choose, now we are told we have to wear all black......Feels like a morgue instead of a hospital!

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I don't like the idea of uniforms except for those
who need to be seen in case of emergency such
as paramedics, nurses, cops.

Black Scrubs? I retired from nursing 2 years
ago, my scrubs had to be blue, haven't seen
the black ones - not very cheerful.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

Uniforms serve two purposes. First of all they make all people equal, ie, in schools so that one kid doesnt have the brands another kid doesn't. It makes everyone on equal footing as far as equal appearance goes.

Secondly is identification. When you walk into a store it makes the people who work there easily identifiable. Take a special theme day at the local supermarket or casual day, it creates chaos because people don't know who the workers are and who the shoppers are.

Lastly is generally sports teams, special forces, etc, simply because it identifies friend vs. foe. Anyone who has played team sports knows it's easier to identify someone who has the same colors as you. Police, fire, military forces, all the same, You can tell who is who.

top topics

join