It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Butterfly People" of Joplin, Missouri

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant
reply to post by angellicview

The tornado killed 161 people.

Did they not have enough Butterfly People to go around so 161 ended up not surviving? I don't doubt the stories but I do wonder why the 161 who died were NOT protected by the Butterfly People?

You know, over the years I've come to believe that everything happens for a reason and that everybody has a time to go. Those who weren't saved, it just simply was their time to pass. Call it fate or whatever you want.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Explanation: S&F!

Amazing Survival Video: Group Saved In Gas Station Beer Cooler During MO F5 Tornado! (thread by burntheships posted on 25-5-2011 @ 10:49 AM , reply post by OmegaLogos posted on 1-6-2011 @ 04:29 PM) [ATS]

Originally posted by OmegaLogos

Explanation: S&F!

I'm partially deaf so I couldnt discern everything that was on the vid.

But this is what I did here and when... [All errors are in transcript are mine and mine alone ok
]

0:08sec ???? get away from the window! [female voice. concerned mother?]

0:10sec Ok everybody back up! [male voice. authoritative. store owner?]

0:21sec Hey, where do you want me to put everybody? [young male voice. concerned. videographer?]

0:25sec Over here. In the back we got a cooler. [male voice. relaxed yet decisive. store owner?]

0:35 ahhhh uhm.. At least 10 or 12. [male voice. unsure stressed. unknown survivor?]

0:40sec [mature female voice counting 4 5 6 etc. relaxed yet focused on important details. natural goto person?]

0:45sec There's probably 18 or 19. [same mature female voice as above. now concerned about the full nature of what is before her.]

0:50sec This [mild expletive deleted] is getting real. [young male voice. also now concerned upon learning the facts. [i.e. lots of kids] videographer?]

Thunder!!!

0:55sec Ok they said there was one on the ground at ??? [young male voice. responsive to ??? question. direct and forthcoming. videographer?]

1min:00sec (mumbling as if counting) ...20 of them! [male voice. same as unknown survivor? determined and forthcoming.]

1min:05sec Ahhh no they're not as yet... the sirens are not going! [male voice. replying to ??? question. new male voice?]

1min:08sec Uhmm yes they did! [female? adolescent? forthcoming and dispelling wrong notions!]

1min:10sec Dude?! ... [new young male voice. freindly concern. videographers freind?]

1min:11sec This is getting crazy... this is for real! [young male voice. shocked reply. videographer?]

1min:27sec Is that the tornado? [unknown female voice? awe struck.]

1min:35sec Everybody get down... all on the ground. [male voice. concerned authorative. store owner?]

private conversations between kids and parents not transcribed.

2min:05sec This is weird! [young male voice. anxious. videographer?]

2min:13sec Flying debries IMPACT!!! [screams. lots of screams as stuff shatters]

Things get bad.

2min:35sec Hey guys! [young female voice. concerned alert. reassuring mother???]

Things get worse.

2min:48sec Heavenly Father, Jesus. [mature female voice. pleading ... praying! Head counter?]

2min:55sec We're good! We're good! [young male voice. desperate reassuring. videography?]

3min:00sec OMG! [unknown voice. groaning terrified. overwhelmed]

3min:05sec Right! we're going to do this! [young male voice. settled and prepared. videographer?]

3min:08sec TORNADO DIRECTLY IMPACTS! [Screams increase and then are lost in the conflagaration]

3min:20sec Heavenly Father! Jesus! Jesus! Jesus! [mature female voice + few kids. desparate prayers heard above noise of tornado etc.]

Prayers lost to the noise of the winds.

3min:34sec I love everyone! I love everyone man! [young male voice. defiantly open and loving but sounding very sad! friend of videographer?]

3min:35sec Yeah I love all you guys! We are going to be ok! [young male voice. reassuringly open and in agreement. relaxed and accepting. videographer?]

3min:36sec I love ya's! [young male voice. shouted. friend of videographers]

3min:36sec Jesus! Jesus! [mature female voice. still praying hardcore]

Storm lessens considerably.

3min:45sec Heavenly Father! Thank you Jesus! [mature female voice. still praying hardcore]

3min:47sec Is everybody ok? [unknown male voice? questioning.]

3min:48sec Yes! [young male voice. affirmative in reply. videographer?]

Storm sounds and something fluttering in the wind hardcore.

3min:55sec Stay down... Stay down! [unknown male voice]

4min:00sec Transciption suspended. [note still 2mins of vid left to be transcribed]

Personal Disclosure: I had to stop as I had run out of tears of both joy and sorrow! I will transcribe the rest if and when I can.

Continued Next post ...

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

Continued from above post ...

This member said it best IMO ...

Originally posted by bsbray11
reply to post by clintdelicious

I figured someone would eventually have to take exception to their invoking Jesus and God and all that.

If you were in a situation where you knew you could be killed in a matter of seconds, and everything around you was being destroyed in a loud cacophony, I doubt you would be pondering those kinds of philosophical issues.

I'm not a Christian myself, but I don't think we're the only intelligence in the universe by any means, and I've found myself invoking angels and those kinds of things before when in stressful situations. It's almost like instinct. You're helpless but your first instinct is to call for help anyway, no matter who or what may or may not hear your call.

The Keres, Valkyries and many other "Angels" from many other mythologies have wings!

What is the symbolic meaning of a butterfly

Personal Disclosure: Don't discount the power of prayer ok!

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Did they not have enough Butterfly People to go around so 161 ended up not surviving? I don't doubt the stories but I do wonder why the 161 who died were NOT protected by the Butterfly People?

they discriminate apparantly.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Witness2008

Everything I can recall about mothman

is not indicative of the sorts of personages God's Holy Angels are.

Much more the opposite--more like fallen angels.

There's a HUGE DIFFERENCE.

Yes, some ET/nephilium/fallen angel critters can do heroic healing things on occasion . . . however, imho, such are just

1. seductive toward a later longer term devious goal

and/or

2. the sort of kindness we might extend to our stock animals.

The angels in the 'butterfly people' story sound like a different order than the fallen angels. They sound greatly like God's Holy Angels.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Theres not much doubt in my mind that these "things" and other types of bizzare entities that people see,are actually thought forms that we unknowingly and telepathically project from our collective subconsciousness during times of turmoil and disaster creating temporary "tulpas",aka thought forms,of beings greater than ourselves...
edit on 14-1-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Bisman

Biblical angels were never described as being seen by some and not others.

IIRC, there are some such examples.

I'll have to try and track down the verses.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Live here in Joplin and have heard several stories concerning this........

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

I thought of you when I first read this news. Would you mind sharing any of the things you have heard? And what are your thoughts on this? Thanks!

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Awesome story. Thank you for sharing. I live an hour away.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Thank you OP for your post! S & F!.

I believe that we pre choose some of the challenges in life, Things we need to go through in order to learn lessons to help us grow throughout our lives!

I believe in angels, as i have had a couple of close call's in my life one of the biggest being when i was in a major car accident with me driving a small ute and a massive works with truck and trailer crushed the ute i was in and i came out with not one scratch!. Perfectly fine although i was in tears because i was driving my bosses ute and was worried i would get fired!. ( I was 19 at the time)

Any way the police came to check the sceen the truck driver was found at fault and he told me God was looking over you today girl you are a very lucky girl your life was not taken today!!.

I think because i reacted and tried to drive off the road and the car's wheels locked up and sent me straight under the front wheels of the truck, which turned out to be a blessing in disguise as i hit something that bounced my ute out from under the truck just missed the fuel tank, Spun the ute around so when i went back under it crushed the back leaving me with a small space with out a scratch!

To this day i still thank whoever helped me that day. I may have just been lucky but i like to believe it was an angel who helped me and i am very grateful

thanks again OP wonderful story

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
These butterfly things must be very selective or only like certain kids. Why dont they save the 27,000 other kids that die every day? No miracle here. I also like the one sentnce comments that didnt get a warning.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Not everyone can be saved.

Think about if you had to save your drowning family and you only could save one. Your wife, or one of your three kids. Yes, an extremely tough and hopefully ficticious decision to make, yet these types of things happen.

Although it would be extremely tough, wouldnt you save the one who was most pure, perhaps the youngest, or the one who seems to be going places.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
Theres not much doubt in my mind that these "things" and other types of bizzare entities that people see,are actually thought forms that we unknowingly and telepathically project from our collective subconsciousness during times of turmoil and disaster creating temporary "tulpas",aka thought forms,of beings greater than ourselves...
edit on 14-1-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

In other words, praying during a time of need for greater beings to intervene..awsome. Not exactly the way I'd put it, but creative.

edit on 14-1-2012 by Siberbat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

how come only kids can see em
reply to post by wlord

I suspect only the children can see them because they are still yet innocent and free from sin. I noticed many people in the church basement reported 6 large men lifting the walls that buried them. I have no doubt prayers were answered on that tragic night and that many more might have died if not for divine intervention.

All very encouraging stories

Flag and stars for the OP

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
In response to the why did the 161 people die if the butterfly people were around, or the inevitable why would the butterfly people let this happen to begin with?

Yes there were people that died in this tragedy, it is unfortunate and I wish that it never happened.

But it is just a reality of what we live in. On the physical and spiritual levels there is good and there is bad, always has been and always will be.

You cant overlook this story, and dismiss this miracle, real or not because of the negatives that happened. Even if these children weren't really touched by angels, they were effected by something positive in a time of pain and they will remember it and be touched by it forever.

I've been lectured by people about how we are living in hell. We are in a world of death, poverty, beatings, starvation etc. Sure there are some good things, but if there weren't then we wouldn't realize how bad the other things are we must be in hell...

This view makes me sick, what about all the positives Love, Family, Peace, Happiness, Warmth, Excitement etc. One could just as easily argue that we are living in heaven and we need some bad to show us how good things are.

The way I truly see it is that we are currently in heaven and hell, those who choose to be in heaven are already there. Those who choose to see life as hell have the same fate.

Do yourselves a favor, call a family member you haven't talked to in a while. Volunteer with your free time. Read a good book, give yourself a good laugh. Pick up some of your old hobbies, younger readers (and older) talk to that crush you've always had. Spread happiness We've got one life, lets all do our part to spread a little heaven, and appreciate miracles when we see them. Look around, life itself is the biggest miracle of all and everyones of us has taken it for granted at some point.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by LonelyGuy

Explanation: Uhmmm?

These butterfly things must be very selective or only like certain kids. Why dont they save the 27,000 other kids that die every day? No miracle here. I also like the one sentnce comments that didnt get a warning.

Yes they ARE very selective!

Here is why... [from my post above]

The Keres, Valkyries and many other "Angels" from many other mythologies have wings!

Keres (mythology) [wiki]

In Greek mythology, the Keres (Κῆρες; singular: Ker Κήρ) were female death-spirits. The Keres were daughters of Nyx, and as such the sisters of Fate (Moirai), Doom (Moros), Death and Sleep (Thanatos and Hypnos), Strife (Eris), Old Age (Geras), Divine Retribution (Nemesis), Charon, and other personifications. Some, such as Cicero who calls them by a Latin name, Tenebrae, or the Darknesses, name them daughters of Erebus and Nyx.

It is possible that a connection exists between Keres and the Valkyries of Norse myth. Both deities are war spirits that fly over battlefields during conflicts and choose those to be slain. The difference is that Valkyries are benevolent deities in contrast to the malevolence of the Keres, perhaps due to the different outlook of the two cultures towards war. Also the Greek word "keres" (choice) and the Old Norse word "kyrja" (to choose) from "valkyrja" seem to have a common root.

Valkyries [wiki]

In Norse mythology, a valkyrie (from Old Norse valkyrja "chooser of the slain") is one of a host of female figures who decides who falls and dies in battle. Selecting among half of those who die in battle (the other half go to the goddess Freyja's afterlife field Fólkvangr), the valkyries bring their chosen to the afterlife hall of the slain, Valhalla, ruled over by the god Odin.

Personal Disclosure: Everybody gets CHOSEN ... but not all get chosen at the same time or for the same task or even for the same reasons!

Achlys!

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by violet

they discriminate apparantly.

OF COURSE.

The story of Lot and Soddom and Gomorrah indicates THAT!

WITHOUT any discrimmination

between good and evil

NOTHING would make any difference.

Your neighbor, brother, sister, mother, father, boss, may as well shoot their near one and Bar-B-Q them for the dogs as feed and comfort them.

DIFFERENCES . . . well . . .

make a . . . drum roll . . .

DIFFERENCE!

Life is NOT one massive multidimensional

GRAY FOG with some dull gray white noise numbingly unchanging.

Reaping what we sow is inherent in the laws of the multi-verse.

That involves DIFFERENCE.

Certainly the angels are also involved in the

DIFFERENT VALUES AND THE DIFFERENT BEHAVIORS.

1/3 of them fell with satan. 2/3 did not.

That's a DIFFERENCE.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by MollyStewart

I don't know how free from the sin of all fallen man little children are.

Scripture does teach that they aren't accountable until they can rationally well distinguish and personally choose good over evil.

Anyway--your post reminded me of the TRUE story in Todd and Colton Burpo's book:

HEAVEN IS FOR REAL

of the little girl of a friend of theirs who pulled on her mother's skirt as the church service ended and asked her mother:

"Mommy, why do some people have lights (evidently halo's) over their heads and some don't?"

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

The ones about people reporting people with wings is one thing, but 6 big dudes lifting up a wall makes them angels? Come on.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join