It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

University of North Florida to host CNN primary debate. No tickets made available for students thoug

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I'm angry. CNN will be hosting a debate at my school, 5 days before the primary election and I can't get tickets.

Source

While UNF is the venue for the Jan. 26 event, CNN and the Republican Party of Florida are putting on the event and will control tickets to attend the event.

After calling around the school, I was told CNN was controlling all of the tickets and the best I could get was tickets to a room where I could watch the debate on TV. I can do that at home.

By having the debate at UNF they are making it seem as though the students will be involved but they will not even be allowed to attend.

Just another instance of the media trying to control the election.
edit on 13-1-2012 by IndieA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Of course not. If tickets were made available to the students, Ron Paul would be getting cheers throughout the entire night. They'll make sure to sell the tickets to all the stubborn old folks who are locked in with their decision to vote for Romney.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by IndieA

Of course you can't! Media, and pre-screened audience only!
The establishment can't afford to have the true American people represented at events like this. If this were truly a free country, and a true election, the PUBLIC would have an opportunity to attend events like this.

Just think... being held at your school.. being billed and advertised as being at a university.. and the students cannot even attend. If that doesn't show the scripting and control of this process I don't know what will.

If I were in your situation I'd make your presence known. Technically thats your home
. Get a group of freedom loving Ron Paul supporters together and crash the party! Its about time to fight fire with fire.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
The school is just a venue that can seat large crowds.

We should raise the voting age to 25 since college still show no common sense when it comes to politics.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by chuckk

If you can serve, you should be able to vote.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by xUTxTRAUMA

Oh and voting age isn't the problem.

new topics

top topics

join