It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saturday's ATSLive Interview on BigFoot, got a question?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
This Saturday on ATSLive we will be interviewing Todd Standing of the Sylvanic BigFoot Research Group. This interview will be at 7pm Pacific-Standard-Time, (the ATSLive show starts at 6pm PST). The interview is intended to last about an hour.

Supposedly Todd and his research team have been able to track and even videotape some brief footage of the elusive Sasquatch/BigFoot and we hope they will share some of their experiences and techniques.

What we need from you fine members are some intelligent questions for Todd and his group. Or perhaps you have an experience of your own that you'd like to share in this thread. Who knows perhaps it might help triangulate the location in areas of previous sightings.

You can access the show by the ATS 'Show Ribbon' (the bottom right-hand widget/button) on the page. Or you can listen on KCKN 1020AM on your radio or also from Illustrial. If you have access to a satellite feed:
Galaxy 19
STAR 5
KU Band FTA (Free To Air)
Galaxy 19 (formerly Galaxy25 or Telstar 5)
Transponder 5
Frequency 11836
Symbol Rate 20.770
PID 559 Right Side Audio

Hope you can join us and listen to this interview...
Johnny

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Thanks for bringing the interview to us here at ATS!

1) why have there not been any bones or evidence of deceased bodies ever found? Could they be so smart as to know that humans may harm their species and therefore they intentionally hide evidence?

2) Is it true that the examination of some bigfoot feet impressions revealed a combination of both human and ape line signatures? One goes up and the other goes side to side, but some prints were found to have both

3) If you have genuine evidence, how do you feel about making the public aware now? I would say create a deterrent for hunters wanting to go out and shoot a Sasquatch, by either imposing a mega-hefty fine or making it an act that receives jail time.

Thanks,
spec

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
3) If you have genuine evidence, how do you feel about making the public aware now? I would say create a deterrent for hunters wanting to go out and shoot a Sasquatch, by either imposing a mega-hefty fine or making it an act that receives jail time.

One thing I can point you too (if you've not been to their website yet) is the fact that they are a completely different type of research group.

SPECIES PROTECTION

"On March 5/ 2007 Alberta native Todd Standing and his team received confirmation from Danielle Lessard of the Clerk of Petitions for Canada , that our second submission to get protection for the species commonly referred to as Bigfoot was certified. Mike Lake had the petition Tabled before the House of Commons. We received a response on May 12, 2007 from the House of Commons as to their decision on protection of the illusive species."

"Our goal now is to find this body, have them examine it and be granted species protection by the House of Commons. Furthermore, we have a plan of action (that will need to implemented across the continent) that will ensure this species habitat is no longer encroached upon. We will be carrying out these same endeavours in the United States."

This YouTube Video goes into more detail below..

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Since this thread was not created for me to express my opinion regarding this person, I just want to ask two questions. Why did Matt Moneymaker's crew of "Finding Bigfoot" claim to have "debunked" your claims, calling you a publicity hound, and stating that your claims were full of contradictions? And second, why do the two bigfoot face-shots look so different from one another?

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

Thanks JA, I still did not hear what the fine or deterrent would be, but I am glad specific attention and regulation is being pursed via legal system. And supposedly some remains have been found in Oregon huh? Interesting...
From the site:

They responded by giving us the name of a department and a list of scientists employed by the Canadian government that decides whether a species becomes a protected one. This department said, "Show us a body and we will give you your species protection". Not hair, blood or feces, or even a finger or leg, but a fully intact and recently deceased body.

I would think a finger, leg or DNA would do, but I guess I see their point. So it shall be interesting to see what evidence will be provided. I think killing one of these creatures should be considered homicide, because if the lore proves true, these creatures are more than just apes. The intelligence that has allowed them to remain undetected for so long, serves as a testament to their more advanced minds, imo.

spec

edit on 13-1-2012 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Count me in on this one.The website states:

In 2005 our initial group consisted of a cooperation of 4 people: a biologist from Great Falls, Montana; a Cree Nations elder representing the First Nations People; the skeptic Todd Standing; and a paramedic fire fighter from Calgary, Alberta.

When was the exact moment that Todd went from skeptic to believer. What was the ultimate answer that he was looking for in his own mind to finally cross over.?

What was his first thought at that moment?

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I would ask them their opinion of the smallest number of individuals that could maintain a breeding population, and does the habitat support that many great apes ? is there enough food to eat for that many individuals ?

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
How do you feel about the theory that Sasquatch may have some kind of UFO/ET connection?

There have been reports of Sasquatch and UFOs being synonymous in some cases.

There are some circles out there that believe that Sasquatch is connected to some kind of parallel world, paranormal and UFOs and that this maybe why we have no clear cut evidence yet.

What are your thoughts on that whole hodgepodge set of theories?

I understand that questions like these are shunned by the Cryptozoologist community and its hard to explain one unknown with another unknown, however, I feel like every avenue needs to be explored.
edit on 13-1-2012 by -Blackout- because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Do you really think that the Ostman incident happened like he said it did?
edit on 14-1-2012 by Vrill because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
I myself have a few questions.

1) What do they think about the origin of the BigFoot?

2) Do they think BigFoot is intelligent? If they think he's, then how much?

And that would be it.
Thanks in advance.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
We are just about 3 hours away from Showtime folks..

You still have time to post up a question for the Sylvanic group.

Here is an interesting theory on the survival of BigFoot

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I just wanted to clarify my statement about footprint line variation between primates and humans. I found the vid clip from the doc Sasquatch: Legend Meets Science
Just like fingerprints, our feet have lines also, and in humans they run horizontally, across the width. In primates the line runs diagonal, and in the bigfoot prints the lines run vertical. So let me correct my statement that the bf prints have both horizontal and diagonal, and restate that the bigfoot has unique characteristics that differ from both human and primate.

Start at 6:59

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Thanks for the video it answered some of what I wanted to ask.

But I still have a question.

Even though throughout history they have been sightings, names, and origins, is there something in recorded history that can point to a possible "massacre", or die off of the Sasquatch? Maybe there is a mistranslation in the story, but is something that he might think is the closest association to why there are so few left?

Peace, NRE.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I live in Alberta and it's nice to see some Albertains getting represented on ATS!

Now with the props out of the way, my question...

I would like to know what they think the impact on our society would be if total confirmation of Big Foots existance came about? I like the myth and sometimes the truth can destroy everything beautiful about the myth. On top of that, what would the impact be on the Sasquatch's society? Knowing what I know of humans, we would just lock these poor creatures up in a zoo and let them go extinct under our watchfull eye. Would it be of any benefit to us or them if we actually verified their existance??
edit on 14-1-2012 by PollyPeptide because: I'm dyslexic

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
We are a little less than 40 minutes away from starting the radio program, hopefully you'll be able to join us.

And this also means that you have a little more time to come up with a question for the Research group.

Johnny

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I thought of a couple more potential questions.

Has any DNA been found and what were the test results? If so, what unique characteristics does it contain?

Do they stay together in a shrewdness( a new term I learned for group of co-habitating apes), or are they thought to be solitary?

spec

ETA: I understand examining teeth can be used to determine diet, so if any teeth have been found, what did they reveal about diet, plants, meat or both? Predators or scavengers?

Are they nocturnal?
edit on 14-1-2012 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
This is exciting. Thank you for taking the time to answer our questions.

My question:
With so many researchers in the field, a few claiming to have irrefutable evidence in HD quality video, and stills among other 'proofs', Erickson Project, and your own as examples, why is it that none of these high quality videos, and images ever seem to make it into the public forum for open review and debate?

Further, as a professional photographer, I wonder how it is that we never seem to see standard professional grade equipment used by professional nature photographers? Myself, and any number of professional photographers would be quite keen on taking our equipment and wealth of technical knowledge, if asked/invited, for proper quality image documentation into the field for credible high-quality documentation.
A professional grade kit used by a field researcher is one thing, but, a professional grade kit used by a professional photographer with a wealth of experience and knowledge in image capturing is another.

We hear teaser rumors all the time, but, time and time again, the public forum is disappointed when none of this evidence comes to fore for open debate. This level of secrecy does nothing but bring research organizations into the light of suspicion.

Peer review is a healthy part of the process in the scientific community, and offering open review of at least high quality video and photo evidence beyond the low quality, ambiguous, pixelated documentation so prevelant in the public forum could go far toward legitimacy, recognition, and even opening doors.

Thank you.

edit on 14-1-2012 by nineix because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by nineix

That's a great question and has made me wonder if genuine proof was discovered, is it possible/plausible there could be efforts to squash the discovery because of either preservation efforts or, stretching a bit here.....religious implications?

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

Greetings Johnny:

Great show, as always. Can't wait.

Way back when, we had a "security consultant" by the name of Mark Keller we met in Eureka on a field trip and he worked for us in production of some rather large outdoor rock and roll events. He had an interesting knack for smelling trouble before it happened and a persona that commanded attention. Rather odd fellow, but extremely likable.

He went by the name of "Killer Keller," ostensibly because of his Vietnam Ranger experience and the fact that he openly asserted his intent to bag a Bigfoot as a science project - you know, collect a specimen. He joked that Sasquatch footprints made mighty thin soup.

We lost track of Killer over the years, so we don't know if he made good his intent of going back out there for another try.

Did you ever run into him and what do you think of his methods?

He always said it would be no different than taking a deer, as science always demands a specimen to examine.

Has there ever been a species on Planet Earth that man didn't take a few as "specimens" and chop them up to see what makes them tick?

How'd that work out for our visitors at Roswell?

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Adios...

Peace Love Light
tfw
[align=center][color=magenta]Liberty & Equality or Revolution[/align]

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nikola014
I myself have a few questions.

1) What do they think about the origin of the BigFoot?

2) Do they think BigFoot is intelligent? If they think he's, then how much?

And that would be it.
Thanks in advance.

I asked your question for you....so make sure you listen to the show once archived, to hear the answer

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join