It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Ron Paul is not nominated Republicans will lose!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Many people hate Ron Paul, consider his ideologies to be "extreme", most Progressives absolutely despise him, and most Neoconservatives wish he'd just go away.

But right now he's doing far better than anyone could have hoped for.. and he's taken the vast majority of the young voting population with him, as well as a huge portion of military voters. BUT .. he won't be nominated. And because of that, Republicans will lose.

Currently there is no political party that challenges the Democrats. If you're Liberal that's what you vote.. if you're Progressive it's still what you vote. For Conservatives however the Libertarian Party has been growing, combined with the Constitutionalists Party and you have enough votes to sway an election.

But by not nominating Ron Paul .. conservatives risk losing up to 1-3% of their entire voting bloc of voters simply writing in Ron Paul (which probably won't even be counted)

I'm writing in Ron Paul, whether he runs as an independent or not.. I certainly hope he does, to take an even larger percentage of voters.. but I have a feeling that the core base of Paul supporters will as well. I also urge ANY voter that agrees with Paul, whether you're a Democrat or a Republican (especially if you're a Republican) to not settle with the two corporate poster children being propped up by the system. Every vote for Paul or for any other "Third Party" is a vote taken away from the two party system. I want to see the Republicans taught a lesson .. shove a neoconservative ultra wealthy oligarchicist down our throat to serve the corporate interest.. and we will ensure you get crushed in the elections.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
And?

It's between Ron Paul and ``the system``. They won't let Ron Paul get nominated otherwise it would screw the Republican/Democrat system of status quo/rape of America.

Democrats will vote for Wall Street guy Obama and republicans will vote for corporatist warmonger Romney.
edit on 12-1-2012 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

I just posted a link (In my Paul/Kucinich Thread), that says exactly what you say! The Polls confirm it! Even if Paul doesn't run on a 3rd Party ticket, somebody will. Gary Johnson, or any other Conservative Independent will pull enough of the Conservative vote that it is impossible for the Republicans to win against Obama.

The only scenario where the Republicans win is the scenario where Ron Paul is the Republican Nominee!

3-way Race shows only a Ron Paul led Republican Ticket can Beat Obama.

Check out the link for concise tables and charts showing many polling comparisons, but the important part is the conclusion of all their polling, and that conclusion is....

Poll Analysis Conclusion

So, what can we access from this poll, and the polling in general on the potential “3-Way Race” in 2012?

1. That the majority of interest for a third-candidate is coming from the right, not the left
2. That a majority of the interest is currently supporting Ron Paul, and will go to someone like Johnson if Romney is the Nominee
3. Paul can maintain the Romney-Republican base, but Romney cannot maintain the independent/Ron Paul base.
4. Thus, despite head-to-head polling, Ron Paul is potentially the only candidate, as a Republican, that can defeat President Obama (even a Ron Paul third-party run won’t win, as it will likely split the Republican vote).

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

It just occurred to me that having a republican loss this election could be the absolute best thing for the party. Sure it would be 4more years of Obama, but to have the loss result in a truer representation in the candidate pool, would almost be worth it. This is aside from a Ron Paul win. If enough of his supporters jump ship from party alliance I assure you after the loss, a shift in political platform will follow suit.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

And?

No "And". Romney, Obama, same exact person, different corporate beneficiaries. Republicans will lose, they only need .5% of voters to go either Democrat or third party and they lose.. they have to know the "Paulbots" as they call them, will never vote for Romney, nor would any true Libertarian Republican. They almost seem to have set the election up to lose intentionally.. if I didn't have a suspicion it really comes down to incompetent stupidity.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

And?

The and you asked for was already mentioned - write in RP on the ballot if he isn't nominated...

Was that really that hard to understand..?

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
If Ron Paul is not nominated TPTB lose and they don't lose, which makes Ron an unelectable candidate. I will vote for him but it will be in vain.
edit on 12-1-2012 by mileslong54 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
My ``and?`` meant that the Republican leadership doesn't care.

They would rather have an Obama win then to let Ron Paul win.

For them, it's not about party or country or integrity, it's about status quo.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I was at the Library last week...looking to check out some movies...and I got into a political discussion with and older gentleman...visiting Seattle from New York. I asked him what he thought about this next election....and he said that TPTB want Mitt Romney to get the Republican nomination...and then President Obama will be elected again. He was 100% sure that is the plan.

I say too...do the write-in vote.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

Currently there is no political party that challenges the Democrats. If you're Liberal that's what you vote.. if you're Progressive it's still what you vote. For Conservatives however the Libertarian Party has been growing, combined with the Constitutionalists Party and you have enough votes to sway an election.

This is not entirely true. There are many "liberals" and "progressives" like me who are behind Ron Paul. This actually makes your point even more valid, actually. Not only will a non-RP nomination split up the GOP vote but it will also lose out on many left-wing votes.

Ron Paul getting the nomination will seal most of the GOP and even many of the democrats. Keep in mind that you are free to vote for anybody you like for the presidency, regardless of how you are registered.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
An interesting article.... which should be forwarded several times to the Ron Paul campaign to make sure they get it.

40% of Americans Are Now Independent. Independents Would Vote for Paul Over Obama

While mainstream pundits desperately cling to their mantra that Ron Paul is “unelectable”, the numbers show a different story.

Gallup finds a record high-high 40% of all Americans now identify as independents. This is higher than the 31% of Americans who identify as Democrats and 27% as Republicans.

And which candidate do independents like?

According to a new CBS poll, they like Ron Paul.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

I was in a discussion with a very wealthy older gentleman on Tuesday night this week. He is a registered Democrat, and his wife is a registered Republican, and as I checked the New Hampshire polling data on my phone, he asked me how Ron Paul was doing! I laughed and told him that was the very reason I was following the poll. He said his wife will be voting Ron Paul in the primary here in Florida, and they will both be voting Ron Paul come general election time no matter who else is on the ballot!

This is the 60+, wealthy, white crowd that people say he can't win, and this is in Florida where he isn't supposed to win!

The establishment is under-estimating the grassroots need for change!

And, for the person that said "4 more years of Obama, oh well," I hope you have your survival plans ready, because I don't believe the country will stay at peace for 4 more years of Obama or any other establishment type, big government President. When you have Occupy folks, and Tea Party folks, and old rich folks, and young indebted folks all crying for change and saying "this is too much! Something has to change!" then you know change is inevitable. Peaceful or otherwise, change is coming this year!

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Without getting into the pros and cons of any particular candidate (because I really don't know enough, and haven't formed an opinion), I found this interesting, not least because it was highlighted.

3. Paul can maintain the Romney-Republican base, but Romney cannot maintain the independent/Ron Paul base.
Do I understand from that that Romney supporters will vote for the Republican nominee, even if it's not their guy, but Paul supporters will not vote for the Republican nominee if it's not their guy?

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
Do I understand from that that Romney supporters will vote for the Republican nominee, even if it's not their guy, but Paul supporters will not vote for the Republican nominee if it's not their guy?

Exactly. Because people who are currently supporting Romney are not supporting him because they like him; they are supporting him because they hate Obama. Ron Paul supporters, on the other hand, support him because they like him.

RP supporters will vote RP no matter what but current Romney supporters will vote for whoever they believe will end Obama's presidency. Their ignorance will actually help RP in this case.
edit on 12-1-2012 by Cuervo because: need. more. coffee...

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Truth be told the republicans and democrats hate each other less than they hate independents. Did McCain ever have a legitimate chance against Obama? No, so republicans will plan on running a dead horse against Obama just to keep Ron Paul and other independents out. Hopefully more people realize what is going on and actually pit a worthy challenger against Obama. Its Ron Paul or Obama, that should be a Ron Paul video.

link   
I'd like Republicans and Democrats to lose to a third party candidate. What better way to change the political world?

link   

Originally posted by charles1952
reply to post by getreadyalready

Without getting into the pros and cons of any particular candidate (because I really don't know enough, and haven't formed an opinion), I found this interesting, not least because it was highlighted.

I'll answer that. The answer is MOST, if not all serious Ron Paul supporters will not back any of the GOP candidates if Paul loses the nomination. Most Paul supporters will either write in Ron Paul or vote for someone on the independent ticket (ie. Gary Johnson etc). Hope this helps.

Also, I'd like to add that I think Romney voters could be swayed to vote for Paul if they #1 finally realized that Romney can't beat Obama, and #2 actually learned more about Ron Paul without biased media coverage.

EDIT wow three people posted in the time it took me to write that.

edit on 12-1-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

RP supporters will vote RP no matter what but current Romney supporters will vote for whoever they believe will end Obama's presidency. Their ignorance will actually help RP in this case.

As long as Ron Paul hangs on in second place till all the others are kicked out.

Hell a lot of people don't even know Ron Paul EXISTS thanks to the MSM cover up.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Yes. Exactly!

The 25% that Romney has consistently had, is the devout Republican base, and they will vote for whoever the Republican nominee is. If Paul is the nominee, he will get that 25%. But, the 40 or so percent that has been split between the anti-Romney candidates like Paul, Huntsman, Santorum, Johnson, Bachmann, those 40% will not follow the nominee, and under no circumstance do the majority of those votes go to Romney. If Romney is the nominee, then those votes continue to be split between the 3rd party Independents. Some might just not vote, some might even vote for Obama, and a large number are probably going to still write-in Paul.

So you are exactly right. Romney can carry the partyline devout Republicans, but that is all he gets. Any Republican candidate can carry those folks, but only Ron Paul can pick up the 3rd party, the Independents, the Tea Party, the disenfranchised Blue Dog Democrats, and only Ron Paul can raise funds nationwide to mount an ongoing campaign, and only Ron Paul can energize the youth and get the voters to turn out to the polls in November and vote with the same vigor that the Obama supporters will.

Only Ron Paul, as a Republican Nominee, can beat Obama.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
With electronic voting machines who cares who anyone votes for? Those machines are completely controllable in less than 20 seconds. Its pointless to vote, that's reality in my 17 years of study. Classic example Voting Box 13 L.B.J. early in his career. He was installed into office a million years ago.
I wonder who watches the people who count the votes? People just walk up there press a button walk back home to there TV turn on Bill O'Reilly and believe they voted. How brilliant are the masters? They got it going on seriously.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join