It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Linking Thread for Strange Sound Phenomenon

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I thought that this story was pretty interesting and wondered if the theory posited here might be a possible explanation of some of the humming sounds that people are hearing.

Mysterious hum keeping people up all night ‘could be mating fish’

The noise “pulsates” through homes, forcing some residents of Hythe near Southampton to evacuate the area just to get a good night’s sleep. People have complained to their local council, and the blame has been put on everything from heavy industry to the large cargo ships coming in at Southampton Docks – some residents have even gone to the doctor thinking they had tinnitus. Scientists now think that the noise is being caused by fish, competing to out-hum one another as part of an unusual mating ritual.

Male Midshipman fish let out a deep, resonating drone which attracts females and acts as a challenge to other males. They are nocturnal creatures, but once they get going can keep up the distracting hum all night. Unfortunately for the residents of Hythe, the noise created by the Midshipman is of such a low frequency and long wavelength that it can carry through the ground, walls, and into homes.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Hi not sure if this has been linked here, but linking anyway:

Strange worldwide "noises" from the sky, planetary harmonics and our solar system sailing through

Whilst re-reading this thread, I was wondering that as the solar system is travelling through a new part of space, would this be the cause of the sounds? I did a search and found this.

<< 8  9  10   >>

join