It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12 Infected With New Swine Flu Strain (Designer Flu)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

12 Infected With New Swine Flu Strain (Designer Flu)

www.usnews.com

The 12 people with the new swine flu strain live in Indiana, Iowa, Maine, Pennsylvania, and West Virginia. Officials for the Centers for Disease Control say the sample size of H3N2 infections is too small to know whether it will pose a threat to the population at large.

"It's a very small sample and it's geographically spread, which makes it more difficult to get a handle on it," says Jeffrey Dimond, a CDC spokesman. "Most of the cases have come through direct contact with the animals, through the 4H Club and that sort of thing."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Aren't you tired of being misled by the media on this subject?

This excerpt was released by the Independent on December 22, 2011.

"The US Government has asked the editors of two scientific journals to refrain from publishing key parts of research on the H5N1 strain of bird-flu in order to prevent the information falling into the hands of terrorists intent on recreating the same flu strain for use as a bioweapon."

Dec 22, 2011 - Too late to contain killer flu science, say experts

Dec 20, 2011 - Alarm as Dutch lab creates highly contagious killer flu

Dec 16, 2011 - Flue Gen isn't the only one profiting on these vaccines.

Dec 22, 2011 - Many countries like China have been stockpiling these vaccines for a while now.

It is interesting how all these dates about when the flu were developed and when vaccines suddenly appeared are rather suspicious to say the least.

Jan 11, 2012 - www.usnews.com

edit on 12-1-2012 by CodeRed3D because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
The good thing about all these "outbreak" threads is that nowhere am I seeing anyone dying

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
ATS Thread - H3N2V Outbreak in CONUS - Human to Human

Well enjoy some extra articles then.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I just watched the movie: Contagion and now I see this post....

Such horrible timing! haha.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
The part that twitches my nostrils is ,how does this virus apear in five states at the same instant?
This smacks of somebodys plot,
Enter Big pharma, Shadow Govt,illumes, who cares?
We are awakening at unprecedented rates....like a snowball rolling down hill, the numbers expand geometrically....
You tell two friends, and i tell two friends and they tell two friends......
Someday well reach the tipping point...its straight math...right?

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

I also wondered that how could this flu just pop up in 5 different states, then they find the 12 people who are infected. hmm seems a little orchestrated

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I am aware that the Spanish Flu was deadly, but during my 52 years of life I have not heard more about "the flu" than I have in the past 2 years. It seems to me that the flu bug is getting way toooooo much attention. One of those "fear tactics" used to get us to spend more money on vaccinations!

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
If people in 5 states already have it, you betcha there's already thousands of people infected. And it grows by the hour. In a few days it'll probably be tens of thousands and in a week, a few millions.

Understand what exponential growth is... and you'll understand why.

Hopefully this new strain isn't dangerous.
edit on 12-1-2012 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Get your weapons and BoB ready....

ZOMBPOCALYPSE

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
See this thread about the spread of the previous swine flu.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by CodeRed3D

FYI - nobody needs to design flu viruses - nature already does a really fine job of it. Also - H3N2 is VERY mild. The real danger is that it may merge more easily with more virulent strains like H5N1.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

They do it because they can...

A virus with the potential to kill up to half the world’s population has been made in a lab. Now academics and bioterrorism experts are arguing over whether to publish the recipe, and whether the research should have been done in the first place.

At least in the above case, they were compelled to go public with the results of their research.

What about those who would do this, just because they can, and would release it upon humanity because they believe that a massive population reduction is needed to bring 'balance' to the world?

Maybe you'll never know about them, until it's too late.

Nature does what nature does, and could come up with a killer bug on it's own... Maybe already has, but nature can never match the evil that exists within some people... Combine that evil with genius, skills, equipment, funding and motive and????

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Big Pharma mucks with viruses and other pathogens all the time - it's the only way to develop vaccines and medications. The research you cite is unusual only because the researchers wanted to share their findings - they were NOT compelled to publish, they were prevented from doing so. One of the better articles on the issue was published today on boingboing.

edit on 13/1/12 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow

Big Pharma mucks with viruses and other pathogens all the time - it's the only way to develop vaccines and medications.

Of course they do.

The research you cite is unusual only because the researchers wanted to share their findings - they were NOT compelled to publish, they were prevented from doing so.

What you don't know won't kill you, right?

Or could the opposite be true in this particular case?

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

It bugs me that these guys are being demonized - when they are acting more honorably (openly and honestly) than anyone else in the field.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow

these guys are being demonized -

Truly prophetic words.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Well, looks like I have the starts of the flu. Funny reading this.
Anyways, I am in PA and work in hospitals. Will let you know how nasty this particular strain is as it progresses. If you wonder why I work in hospitals and didn't get the shot this year I will tell you why. This year, the flu shot was actually worse than the flu itself for many around here. Folks got really, really sick from it. Anyways, I usually get over things better than most.

top topics

join