It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man made religion from a Christian.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by The Riley Family

So why do you still associate yourself with Christianity?

It doesn't matter if you do not go to church. The church is not any building or physical strutcure or local. The Church is a spiritual brotherhood, were all family under Christ. He has taken us and made us new in him and he is our King and we are his people.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Quadrivium

This video isn't about not going to church, (the bible says we should be in fellowship with other Christians).

This video is addressing the hypocrisy of some people who talk the talk but don't walk the walk.

Reminds me of Matthew 7:23: "And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity".

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

To me it sounds like you should not hide the fact that you are a sinner and to be proud of it because you are trusting in Jesus to save you.
The problem with that philosophy is that it is false, and that is not how salvation works. We need to be righteous, and not sinners. If we say we believe in Jesus and still sin then that means we really don't believe in Jesus so we can not be saved no matter how you imagine the actual process works, meaning the particulars such as does Jesus do something in particular with our sins as suggested in this video, or if something else happens that causes you to be saved.
Grace is the granting to us a sacred and holy thing which would normally be adverse to even being close to wicked and sinful people such as we are when we first come to Jesus, much less wanting to actually indwell us. This "thing" is the very spirit of God, otherwise known as the Holy Spirit. This spirit uses something we can have made known to us because of this connection to where instead of the old method before Jesus where you had laws written in stone, we have what is called in the New Testament, Faith. We live by Faith instead of the old covenantal Law, and now we have a new covenant written on our hearts. Faith is the name of that new system of salvation which replaces the old system of Law. Belief is the introduction into this system, while faith is the system itself, which is the guidance from God into righteousness which was the purpose of Jesus coming into the world, which was to bring righteousness into the world through the lives of those who believe in him.

edit on 18-1-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Proud to be a sinner? Hardly.
The key is to understand that we ALL fall short of Grace but through the blood of Jesus.
We All will make mistakes, should we be proud of them? No.
Should we dwell on them? No
We acknowledge them, ask for help and to be forgiven. And if you are a true believer, then through the Grace of God you will be forgiven.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

One way to look at this is to view two opposing philosophies:

One says Jesus came to save a few, select people, then destroy the earth and everyone in it.

The other says that God loved the world and sent his son to save it by having us become righteous through Jesus.

What this video advocates is the first, where the philosophy is 'I got mine, and to hell with you all.'

The second view is 'we can be right with God and right with our fellow man so in the end, we all are saved.'

One is selfish and satanic, the other is pure and of God.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

I did not see that as I watched the video.
What I saw was him pointing out the obvious.
Many of those in church today, do not know Jesus. They are playing church. They go to be seen and heard, to say how "righteous" they are on Sunday but living like devils outside the church.
The true Church is the body of Christ, made up of those who know Jesus, it's not four walls made of brick and mortar.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

You are just adding in your own meaning but ignoring what is actually being said.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

You are just adding in your own meaning but ignoring what is actually being said.

If you believe that the video is saying...

One says Jesus came to save a few, select people, then destroy the earth and everyone in it.

Then you are the one who is adding in their own meaning and ignoring what's being said.
Would you rather have religion or Jesus? The choice is yours.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Sorry OP, It had to be done. A rebuttal is necessary for your video.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Thank you for your reply and opinion.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

If you believe that the video is saying...

Then you are the one who is adding in their own meaning and ignoring what's being said.
Would you rather have religion or Jesus? The choice is yours.
You say, "If", and of course this is not what I said, I said I believe it represents a philosophy which I am describing a certain way to draw out things you may pick on up from the words in the video, such as where the speaker is pointing to himself and saying "My forgiveness".
edit on 19-1-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000

John 3:36

Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for Gods wrath remains on.

"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God's sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous.

Originally posted by Quadrivium
Look through out history at the evils that have been done in the name of Organized religion, a lot of times people will use God as a means to get what THEY want.
Look at the wars that have taken place in the name of religion.
Many who have "religion" do not have God in their lives.

There has always been a big problem with organized religion.

Christianity is organized religion.

Claiming to be a Christian is claiming association to the organized religion of Christianity and its entire history, as you noted above, as well as the head of its body, not to the true Christ.

Nothing in the bible says by calling oneself a Christian you are associating yourself to Christ. Nothing in the bible says that by becoming a Christian you will acquire salvation.

For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith.
faith without deeds is dead.
The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love.
In this way, love is made complete among us so that we will have confidence on the day of judgment, because in this world we are like him.
do not let anyone lead you astray. He who does what is right is righteous, just as he is righteous.
The one who says that he abides in him must live the same way he himself lived.
To this you were called, because Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in his steps.
No one who lives in him keeps on sinning. No one who continues to sin has either seen him or known him.
No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God's seed remains in him; he cannot go on sinning, because he has been born of God.
Come back to your senses as you ought, and stop sinning; for there are some who are ignorant of God--I say this to your shame.
The man who says, "I know him," but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

He who does what is sinful is of the devil, “Look through out history at the evils that have been done in the name of Organized religion” Organized religion is of the devil and Christianity is “organized religion”. In other words; "Look through out history at the evils that have been done in the name of" Christianity; by those who call themselves Christians of course. Association - No thanks.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God's sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous.
If you mean the law of faith.
If you mean the written code, then that would be going against the New Testament concept of salvation.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

If you mean the law of faith.
If you mean the written code, then that would be going against the New Testament concept of salvation.

We believe Paul meant what he said, why else would he have said it? The other scriptures included clarified exactly what the meaning is as do all the scriptures since the scriptures can not be broken. Don't you get it? It's not about one thing, it's about everything. Grace, faith, love, deeds, hope, truth, righteousness, baptism, obedience, etc... "The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love" and "Love is the fulfillment of the law"; as well as "Let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth". but "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Who has faith? The one who does the will of Christ's father, or the one who claims their faith is a firm belief in something for which there is no proof? By the way, where's that even stated in the bible?

Christianity has deceived itself and others in accepting that faith as believing in something for which there is no proof. That's Christian doctrine and not scriptural.

Do you think the law of love is a new concept of salvation only brought about by the New Testament? According to the scriptures the righteous have always fulfilled the law of faith expressing it through love. What are the greatest commands? Love God and love your neighbor (simply put). You think the New Testament made this null and void?

The scriptures don't state you have to claim to be a Christian or become one to be saved or anything the like. That is an "organized religion" thing. If one claims to be a Christian they are associating themselves with the organized religion of Christianity along with all of its doctrines as well as its history. Why do Christians hide behind their doctrines? Because “Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed.”

No one who lives in him keeps on sinning. No one who continues to sin has either seen him or known him.
No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God's seed remains in him; he cannot go on sinning, because he has been born of God.
Come back to your senses as you ought, and stop sinning; for there are some who are ignorant of God--I say this to your shame.

This is why God says

Let favor be shown to the wicked, yet he will not learn righteousness.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join