It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Drones Watching You?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Are Drones Watching You?

www.commondreams.org

Today, EFF filed suit against the Federal Aviation Administration seeking information on drone flights in the United States. The FAA is the sole entity within the federal government capable of authorizing domestic drone flights, and for too long now, it has failed to release specific and detailed information on who is authorized to fly drones within US borders.

However, there are some reasons to hope that the courts will find the ability of drones to monitor our activities constantly, both in public and—through the use of heat sensors or other technology—inside our homes, goes too far.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
"In 2011, Congress, the Defense Department, state and local governments, industry and researchers all placed significant pressure on the FAAto review and expand its current “Certificate of Authorization or Waiver (COA)” program. The FAA is also reviewing its own rules for small unmanned aircraft systems. The agency is expected toannounce an expansion of the COA program this month. If it does, we may see (or be seen by) many more drones in the very near future."

click on the link, everything seems to be backed up reasonably well.'
we're all familiar with the the topic and even much of the info, but i thought this guy put it all together in a way everybody should read.
that is all, for now.

www.commondreams.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
ya' all wanna' know why i'm a bit paranoid?

Drones are capable of highly advanced and almost constant surveillance, and they can amass large amounts of data. They carry various types of equipment including live-feed video cameras, infrared cameras, heat sensors, and radar. Some newer drones carry super high resolution “gigapixel” camerasthat can “track people and vehicles from altitudes above 20,000 feet[,] . . . [can] monitor up to 65 enemies of the State simultaneously[, and] . . . can see targets from almost 25 miles down range.” Predator drones can eavesdrop on electronic transmissions, and one drone unveiled at DEFCON last year can crack Wi-Fi networks and intercept text messages and cell phone conversations—without the knowledge or help of either the communications provider or the customer. Drones are also designed to carry weapons, and some have suggested that drones carrying weapons such as tasers and bean bag guns could be used domestically.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I personally want a pocket drone; something that doesn't fly or crawl or anything, that I could just carry around that blocks all cell phone traffic in a 1000' range which I can then take into movie theaters with me.

Might be nice to have it active in the car too, with longer range, to knock out signals on all the distracted phone drivers.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by nineix

I swore I read somewhere that there was talk about cars being made with a cell blocker so that the driver cannot get calls. I don't have source for that and it's really OT but, something you might wanna dig on!

On the top of drones though, that's really a creepy idea. I mean, I'm not sure how much noise those things are suppose to make or whatever and at that height how many people are going to be paying attention. Oh, Big Brother, always trying to get our secrets.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ohyouknow

If someone were to, erm, theoretically, uh, buy a signal jammer from an online site, or just build their own, a good jammer with long enough range would probably put drone monitoring fears to rest for anyone that was really concerned enough to go that far.

Q: "What was that just fell out of the sky?"
A: "Oh, my 'bug-zapper' 9000 must of blocked signal on another one of those gov drones."

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by rubbertramp

Drones are capable of highly advanced and almost constant surveillance, and they can amass large amounts of data. They carry various types of equipment including live-feed video cameras, infrared cameras, heat sensors, and radar. Some newer drones carry super high resolution “gigapixel” camerasthat can “track people and vehicles from altitudes above 20,000 feet[,] . . . [can] monitor up to 65 enemies of the State simultaneously[, and] . . . can see targets from almost 25 miles down range.” Predator drones can eavesdrop on electronic transmissions, and one drone unveiled at DEFCON last year can crack Wi-Fi networks and intercept text messages and cell phone conversations—without the knowledge or help of either the communications provider or the customer. Drones are also designed to carry weapons, and some have suggested that drones carrying weapons such as tasers and bean bag guns could be used domestically.

Never thought I'd see the day these babies would become reality........

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I cannot even imagine how boring, and at times disgusting, it would be spying on the average American. I suppose there aren't enough drones to justify that though.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
I cannot even imagine how boring, and at times disgusting, it would be spying on the average American. I suppose there aren't enough drones to justify that though.

cellphones in their pockets, webcams in their homes, CCTV's in some homes or in the general area, not enough to spy 24/7 continuously, but enough to piece together some pieces for whatever investigation they are looking into.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ilyich

Originally posted by rubbertramp

Never thought I'd see the day these babies would become reality........

Holy crapola! your right!!!

Run for your lives the combine is coming ;b

Seriously tho.... this is bad. You should be able to enjoy your so called freedom without having to worry about a damned drone watching your every move.

wassup america?

new topics

top topics

join