It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Trapped In Time Vortex Appears In The Future

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
______beforeitsnews/story/1602/431/Man_Trapped_In_Time_Vortex_Appears_In_The_Future.html

Strange story of Rudolf Fenz

>>The Spanish website sinmisterios.com recounts the tale of the best documented occurence of time travel in recorded history. The incident is allegedly corroborated by witnesses 74 years apart.

All details are said to be documented by official law enforcement records.

Rudolf Fenz, Senior disappeared in 1876. Despite an intense search by police, Fenz was never found. Yet his family always held out hope that the kindly immigrant from Europe would return. They waited years, eventually dying one-by-one still with the hope that their beloved Rudolf might come back.

Killed in traffic after materializing in New York in 1950.. or so the story goes..

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackProjects

Sorry but I'm with the 53 % of beforeitsnews readers that think this story is fiction .
"Seconds after appearing in the midst of heavy traffic he was struck down and killed by a car" ...talk about having a bad day

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackProjects
______beforeitsnews/story/1602/431/Man_Trapped_In_Time_Vortex_Appears_In_The_Future.html

Strange story of Rudolf Fenz

>>The Spanish website sinmisterios.com recounts the tale of the best documented occurence of time travel in recorded history. The incident is allegedly corroborated by witnesses 74 years apart.

All details are said to be documented by official law enforcement records.

Rudolf Fenz, Senior disappeared in 1876. Despite an intense search by police, Fenz was never found. Yet his family always held out hope that the kindly immigrant from Europe would return. They waited years, eventually dying one-by-one still with the hope that their beloved Rudolf might come back.

Killed in traffic after materializing in New York in 1950.. or so the story goes..

i have heard this story before, and it is still very intiguing, i was hoping there was some new information though.
thanks for bringing this up once again however, i havent contemplated this intrigue in a while...

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Sounds interesting but after doing a quick Google search it's an old Urban Legend from the 70's. Nice one though.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackProjects

Looks like its one of those urban legends..
there is even a facebook group about him

love stories like this, thx

the legend is that, in New York in 1950, a man wearing 19th century clothes was hit by a car and killed. The subsequent investigation revealed that the man had disappeared without trace in 1876. The items in his possession appeared to reveal that the man had travelled through time from 1876 to 1950 directly.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Looks like this is a bit of an urban legend, here's a quote from Wiki about it..

The real facts - Since 1972, the unexplained disappearance and reappearance Rudolph Fentz has appeared in books (such as those by Viktor Farkas) and articles, and later on the Internet, portrayed as a real event, and as has been cited as evidence for various theories and assumptions about the topic of time travel. In 2000, after the Spanish magazine 'Más Allá' published a representation of the events as a factual report, folklore researcher Chris Aubeck investigated the description to check the veracity. His research led to the conclusion that the people and events of the story invented all were fictional. Aubeck found that the Fentz-story for the first time in the 1972 May / June issue of the Journal of Borderland Research and was published as a factual report. This magazine was published by the Borderland Sciences Research Foundation, a society that addressed UFO sightings with esoteric explanations. The magazine sourced the story to the book published in 1953, A Voice from the Gallery by Ralph M. Holland. Aubeck believed the origin of the fictional story had been found. However in August 2002, after Aubeck had published his research in the Akron Beacon Journal, Pastor George Murphy wrote to him and told him that the original source was older still. Ralph M. Holland had either taken the story about Rudolph Fentz completely from either a 1952 Robert Heinlein science fiction anthology, entitled 'Tomorrow, The Stars' or the Collier's magazine from 15 September 1951. The true author was the renowned science fiction writer Jack Finney (1911–1995), and the Fentz episode was part of the short story I'm Scared, which was published in Collier's first. This meant that the fictional character and the source of the story were finally identified.

ETA: Dayummm, I take about half a minute to compile this post and it seems everyone beat me to it! But yeah, it's an urban legend

edit on 10-1-2012 by Jimbowsk because: I appear to be slow when posting...

new topics

top topics

join