It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over 44 million Pediatric Hospital Beds FULL with a Waiting List in China

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Any ideas on this one?

Cited concern about pediatric ward full

At 08:36 on January 3rd, 2012

Three Gorges Evening News

Three Gorges Evening News (just a reporter) recent fever, pneumonia, diarrhea surge, the major pediatric hospital wards were full, some hospitals even have to wait an extra bed (see newspaper December 23, 2011 report). Yesterday, should the majority of parents in particular, a collection of newspaper correspondents in major hospitals pediatric ward phone, for advice in time when parents have beds.
Yichang city hospital pediatric inpatient department: 6,484,868;
Hospital, Yichang City, a pediatric inpatient department: 6,287,556;
Yichang City, two pediatric inpatient hospitals: 6,211,050, and 5,211,051;
Hospital, Yichang City, three pediatric inpatient department: 6,494,110;
City MCH pediatric inpatient: 6,475,226;
Three Gorges University Hospital pediatric inpatient Ren: 6,554,671;
Gezhouba Central Hospital pediatric inpatient: 6720114. News tracking Author: just when

Zroll.sohu.com...

From FluTrackers Waiting List for Pediatric ER Yichang, Hubei province

It's a grand total of 44,151,090 pediatric beds FULL in 7 hospitals. China claims "bad parenting" and "the weather". Are we really supposed to believe that over 44 million parents were suddenly "bad parents" all at the same time with a waiting list for pediatric beds?

I mean...c'mon China. That's ridiculous.

Then, same phenomenon in another city Shiyan, Hubei province. And this is the article where China claims "bad parenting" is the cause.
Pediatrics Wards Surge with Fever, Pneumonia in Shiyan, Hubei Province

January 10, 2012 Source: Shiyan Evening News

-snip-
Why the recent sudden increase in children? Pediatrician analysis, mainly with the temperature plunged and parents about inappropriate care.

And then, same phenomenon in another province.
Pediatric Emergency Room Visits up 60% in Quzhou, Zhejiang Province

China claiming it's all "bad parenting" and the "weather". Absurd.

Any ideas as to what it really is?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Well there was just news of the bird flu being tampered with to become an extremely contagious virus, maybe look into that some more.

Heres a link, its a start anyways: www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 10/1/2012 by BigBruddah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by MapMistress

Any chance there is a mistranslation on those numbers? I looked at the source - it says a machine translation - and the numbers don't make much sense.

I'm no expert on Chinese geography and population, but as an example Yichang prefecture, which is mentioned in the stat table, shows a total population of just over 4 million.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MapMistress

I am no expert in mathmatics but if numbers are correct........44,151,050 beds divided by 7 hospitals equals

6,307,298 beds per hospital.
Those must be some pretty big hospitals.

edit on 10-1-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Grand total of 44,151,090 pediatric beds FULL in 7 hospitals?
Preposterous...

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by BigBruddah
Heres a link, its a start anyways: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks for the link. But this seems to be only happening to children, not adults. It's odd. The numbers of children..it has to be contagious. Yet why are none of the adults catching it? Unless somehow they are immune.

Originally posted by Open2Truth
Any chance there is a mistranslation on those numbers? I looked at the source - it says a machine translation - and the numbers don't make much sense.

I'm no expert on Chinese geography and population, but as an example Yichang prefecture, which is mentioned in the stat table, shows a total population of just over 4 million.

Thanks for the correction on numbers. I'm not sure what to make on the machine translation of the numbers. But that's what the article said. That's why I asked if anyone knew anything about it.

Looks like whatever it is has spread into Liaoning Province and here's another machine translation of an article...

2510 Children in Admissions Yesterday in Zhejiang Children's Hospital due to Fever Pneumonia

from the FluTrackers' China: Pneumonia and Influenza Like Illnesses (ILI)

Do you know of a better translation to any of the numbers on these Chinese articles?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
I am no expert but blaming the weather does have some merits in Chinese medicine along with other factors stemming from emotions,which may implicate 'bad parenting'.So i wouldnt write this cause off just yet as Chinese medicine operates on different principles from western ideas. This is from a source of whose merits i know nothing.
www.calvindale.com...
from the site where there is more on this and other causes
'External causes of diseases are of a physical nature and are due to climatic factors. They encroach upon the body from the outside environment. They are also called External Pathogenic Factors, Evils, or Excesses. Evils can penetrate the body when the weather is unseasonably excessive '
edit on 21-1-2012 by 12voltz because: of the ringing in my ears

new topics

top topics

join