It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unexplained objects leaving the moon video

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
A lot of opinions, speculation, and guesses offered in this thread.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Well now I know why it looks like I have seen it before...because I have!

I followed that thread but I don't think anyone came up with a concrete awnser (lots of opinions...but no real explaination).

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ProudBird

To put some numbers to it (against the star field):

The apparent motion of the Moon, from hour to hour; each hour, it moves about one diameter to the East.

cseligman.com...

Your results may vary depending on a few factors.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
it almost looks like those things are in close orbit around the moon. They become visible when they come out of the light of the moon and then seem to dissapear around it.

I did a small test. I took a sharp pencil and put it on the dots of light as soon as they appeared. the light stays on the top of the pencil.
It looks like the lights aren't moving, its the moon that moves. so it could be small scraches on the lens catching the light. Perhaps someone who's good with videos could do a real test like that

If you look at the video's comment in the movie, there is another link where they do the reverse thing, and have some 'raindrop' like shadows

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
As you can see them also in front off the moon as they start, i doubt stars.

There is supposed to be no atmosphere, and the gravity of the moon isn't strong enough to bend the light I think.

Edit: Is a spacewizzard around here able to tell if the locations of the recent vid and the on the other tread are the same?

I'm playing a little with 3D software to replicate, I think I have the approximate location of the first video.
edit on 7-1-2012 by EartOccupant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by haven123

Without reading the replies/posts (which I will in a second) this video is either old or I'm having Déjà vu or something is constantly leaving the lower west quadrant of the Moon! Because I have absolutely seen this before.

Let me read the replies now. Maybe it's been explained and I chimed in too soon.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
If you put your mouse on any of the objects, you will see that it is the moon moving, not them.

Couple that with all the distortion from the brightness of the moon and I'd say it's the pixels bleeding due to the distortion and camera movement.

I'd say you're reaching so hard that you actually missed this one!
Pixels bleeding? Really? One lone pixel decided to start bleeding?

It's okay if you don't know. Please don't feel compelled to comment and come up with an explanation on every thread that concerns space.

Sometimes it's okay if we don't know! Humbleness helps keeps us Human!

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I knew I saw this before.

Check it out!

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

At first i thought it was just one of the satellites we have orbiting the moon, they fly pretty low. But the sheer amount of them! Not sure we have that many...

footage could be time-lapsed though.

someone mentioned satellites in the comments as well.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

How come the 'objects' don't move then?

They stay perfectly still while the moon moves.

Try it yourself.

This says to me it's a camera issue.

Pixel's bleeding is the best explanation I have right now.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Sweet Video! Im not a total fan of the hallow moon theory however there is alot about the moon that is mysterious. Like how we have not put a man on the moon in 40 some odd years. If they were satellites they would be like a mile across or bigger.

If i would say anything i would say that these images we see could be astroids cought in the gravitational field that is making its way to impact. It would show the illusion of something leaving the moons surface then returning back, but in all actuallity the object is being pulled around the moon then crashes.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by Human_Alien

How come the 'objects' don't move then?

They stay perfectly still while the moon moves.

Try it yourself.

This says to me it's a camera issue.

Pixel's bleeding is the best explanation I have right now.

Overall Chad, I do respect your opinions (not necessarily your deliverance but...) I see this 'object' heading away and to the back of the Moon. Hence why it isn't moving per se.

If this was the first time anyone ever captured an object like this then I'd pause to consider your explanation but I've seen this countless times before. Especially last year. I don't have the patience to dig up all the videos but I did find one (which I posted) that is very similar to this one.

I am nearly convinced there is activity on the Moon. Now whether it's Humans, aliens or a combination thereof, I don't know but I believe what I believe and I make no apologies

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
It looks like a scratch or divot in one of the telescope's lenses.

For a farther out theory, I recently found out that light reflecting from geosynchronous satellites can be easily photographed from earth. Those satellites would probably appear pretty stationary during short exposures.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tearman
For a farther out theory, I recently found out that light reflecting from geosynchronous satellites can be easily photographed from earth. Those satellites would probably appear pretty stationary during short exposures.

I second this, An orbit around the moon can take less than 2 hours, we could just be seeing the same one multiple times.

But I definitely hope its aliens..

edit on 7-1-2012 by ZardoZx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
with all the technolodgy in the world we still are forced to watch pixels....

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus
Nevertheless, interesting! I'm not educated enough on such things to form a definitive opinion =) someone like Phage who has a stronger background might have some insight.

I'm impressed with the quality .. how was this captured?

We have already been here on an older thread.... I got the impression Phage was not entirely sure what this was but he can speak for himself. I'm not convinced by any explanation so far.

UFOs or Space Junk Near the Surface of the Moon?
edit on 7/1/12 by Pimander because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling

I unfortunately have such vision as to preclude seeing virtually anything take off....but will take everyones word for the reality of the phenomena....

You won't be able to see it in the embedded video. Follow the youtube link and watch it in full screen. Then you'll notice quite clear.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Being that they are on the trailing edge of the Moon is important. Are they really moving off the Moon or merely being revealed and slightly magnified by the Moon's thin (very thin) atmosphere. In other words, they are stars. Find some moving away from the Moon on the advancing side of the Moon and I'll consider that they are UFOs or something other than magnified stars.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

I don't think they are stars. I'd say those are imperfections or dust on the lens. If the lens is stationary and the moon moving the distortions will bend the light causing the "effect" of moving objects. My best guess.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Agreed!

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
most likely debris, but who knows.. maybe the moon doesn't like junk on its surface?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join