It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Political Threads

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwuhi
I dont mind the political stuff and the ron paul stuff.

What I dont like is all the religious gibberish, I got nothing against religious people, but when they start gibbering away and bible thumping like the space pope on here thats too much. There are religious sites where they can do that. If i want to hear that kind of BS I can go to church.

Umm...

There are threads specificly here for such things. It is used by Christians and Athiests alike. It's a constant bicker between the two. This thread was specificly for Political Threads.

....and they wonder how christian topics end up in threads where they should not be....

I will and have voted for Ron Paul, but the OP is correct. Too many political threads about the same thing... One would be plenty fine!!!

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Stop reading the political threads....or

Start posting more threads on other topics....or

Take a break from ATS....and

Thats a boil

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by mthgs602

OR

Involve yourself in as many of them as possible and actively communicate and debate with your fellow members.

That's my new approach, at least for today

There's like 9 Santorum threads and 15 Ron Paul threads at the moment, just working my way through them

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Hawkwind.

Since when do our votes count anyway??

jeez i thought most of you were "enlightened"

same sheep, new herder

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
It's hilarious that people complain that there should be no political talk on an alternative/conspiracy forum. But if that were the case, then there would be no political forums on ATS, now would there?

ATS has political and election forums for a reason. To discuss politics and the elections. If you don't like all of the political threads, then skip past them to the next thread, and the next, and the next, until you find an interesting, non-political news story. Or you could take a break from ATS until the elections are over.

But, no matter what you choose, you will never get away from political discussions, ever.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
You think its bad now just wait till the end of the year when we will be wishing the boards are filled up with US political stuff and not "The end of the world is here" threads, It is either one or the other at the mo...

Oh Goodness...I hadn't even thought about that aspect of things. I've been thinking of what the Political tempo would be as we get to November...but you're right !

Elenin was a wayward snowball no one even knew existed until recently. 2012.....December, 2012...Now that is Y2k, Elenin and every myth and legend of gloom and doom rolled into one! There is an angle or aspect for everyone to find something to be afraid of, and long established history of having this year and such repeated for the basis of why normal folk will feel they ought to be scared. Facts won't matter...remember Elenin? lol...... Ugh....

To Uncle Sam: I don't care about your secrets and UFO's are old news anyway. All I ask for is a hibernation chamber. I only need it from about August to January. Thanks, your loving nephew, Wrabbit.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

I don't think anyone is saying there should be no political threads. The point being made is why so many on exactly the same thing? If it was any other topic, a Mod would be along with an "existing thread" comment.

Like i said in my other post, i do not object to political threads in any way, shape or form. I do not even object to 10 threads on Ron Paul! However, as it now seems to be 10 new threads a DAY about him then yes, i do object to that.....

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_
It's hilarious that people complain that there should be no political talk on an alternative/conspiracy forum. But if that were the case, then there would be no political forums on ATS, now would there?

ATS has political and election forums for a reason. To discuss politics and the elections. If you don't like all of the political threads, then skip past them to the next thread, and the next, and the next, until you find an interesting, non-political news story. Or you could take a break from ATS until the elections are over.

But, no matter what you choose, you will never get away from political discussions, ever.

you have completely missed the point..

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I agree with you.

If you look at the religious threads, most of the bible thumpers have low post numbers. So someone is recruiting others to come here and bible thump.

I am sick of all the Ron Paul stuff and quite frankly it is getting cultish. Yet if you support Obama you get accussed of worshipping the messiah.

So apparently its only a cult if your on the left.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by k1k1to
reply to post by Hawkwind.

Since when do our votes count anyway??

jeez i thought most of you were "enlightened"

same sheep, new herder

Please elaborate as I don't see how your response relates to my post.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join