It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul supporters, should we support Gary Johnson after 2012?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
He doesn't have the same enthusiasm as Ron Paul for economic issues and he doesn't have quite the same rhetoric when it comes to the constitution. Gary Johnson doesn't have the newsletter issues which would prevent him from even having a shot. If Gary Johnson had more of a conventional campaign team in the next election... say if Mitt Romney loses and Obama is reelected... maybe he might have more of a shot to be more than just a spoiler? I'm sure more Republicans would love Gary Johnson's stance on the economy and liberals would be more perceptive to him on social issues.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
What is wrong with Rand Paul? Doesn't he hold the same values as his father? I don't think he has any skeletons is his cupboard to get thrown out there. But I wouldn't count Ron Paul out of it yet there is a bit to go isn't there and from NBC this morning the guys watching it said who ever finishes 3rd will be the one to watch so RP finishes 3rd I'm sure he will have a larger following as these polls keep going.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Johnson was my original pick.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
ron paul or nothing at all, most of the RP supporters will not support anyone else

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jazzguy

theres no truth to that.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by biggmoneyme

There is.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by jazzguy

To say that Ron Paul supporters would only support Ron Paul is tantamount to a cult of personality. Surely, this is not something that even Ron Paul would endorse.

If Ron Paul did not exist; never existed, wouldn't you still support the very same views, opinions and beliefs if they were embodied in another?

While a man, a candidate for President, is, indeed, important, it is really the values, the principles, the philosphical views held by that man that are important.

Men live. Men die. Ideals live forever.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Perhaps the question has been asked a hundred times over, but if Rep. Paul is not the subject of a personality cult, who will his supporters back if he doesn't get the nomination?

I see few likely choices, Obama seems the most likely to me. After all, a quarter of the Iowa caucus goers were not Republican when they walked in the door. Many analysts said that Paul was the reason many of those turned out. Democrats for Paul? An attempt to foul up the GOP race?

Who else do Paul supporters like?

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I typically vote libertarian but if RP wins the GOP nomination I will vote for him. If not.......Gary Johnson 2012.

top topics

join