It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Antarctica on Google (maps)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
So often there are threads on ATS about something odd someone has noticed on Google earth just virtual exploring. Thought there might be some interest.

Source The Antartic Sun Newspaper

Of course, the southern continent has always been on Google maps and its popular Google Earth application. The problem was that much of the imagery was about as sharp as the graphics in Pong, one of the earliest arcade video games.

McMurdo Dry valleys

edit on 3-1-2012 by kawika because: corectolated spel'n err

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
This is by far the best news I've heard on a long time. What a great way to start 2012. There are a variety of areas down there I have badly wished I could see in clear resolution and I'll bet the public finds even more. They can't even complain within Governments. Afterall, the very reasons they could argue security reasons for degrading quality are the very activities expressly forbidden under International Treaties.

I can see where I'll be spending a lot of time when this has a large portion up and available at that high resolution.
How exciting!

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Fantastic!

Don't forget your virtual snow shoes.

Did you click on that McMurdo image?

edit on 3-1-2012 by kawika because: corectolated spel'n err

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by kawika

Wow

I'm sorry, but I hadn't clicked on the second one, just the first. Now that you point it out...I really can't wait to have the opportunity to spend some serious time in this.

We absolutely know Antarctica was temperate and inhiabited at one time in our deep past. We suspect, in general ways, that there have been civilizations in that same deep past and I believe this is the most likely place on Earth to find evidence of it. The place is almost static in changes and deep imaging has shown 'unusually sharp' definition in rock formations beneath the ice, suggesting far less destruction from movement of Ice than many suspected.

I believe the Southern Continent has many a surprise to reveal to our planet about where we come from. This makes it more likely someone finds that special feature somewhere to start the hunt.

new topics

top topics

join