It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for a word

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I am having issues with a public school and will be having a meeting in the next day or so and I do not see it going very well at all. However, I am looking for a good word or two to describe the public school system and its way of indoctrination and its other BS tactics as a whole. I have a few in mind but I am tired of using them and looking for something new. It could even be derogatory, as there may be a possibility of me being arrested for being hostile and uncooperative but depends on them, this is my opportunity to actually address my gripes directly to the individuals who run the show here.
edit on 3-1-2012 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Antiquated

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
First, try to stay calm. Then try something like: archaic, Gestapo like, extremely antiquated. I'll keep trying to find more. Good luck.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Fallacious, antediluvian, nugatory, and/or poppycock come to mind. Of course you could just keep it simple and throw the word bias around like it were confetti.

Good luck.

~FugitiveSoul

edit on 3-1-2012 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Santorum

Line 2

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Everybody knows "the bird" is the word.
2nd

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
i would call it oppressive, a day care centre, indifferent, complacent, broken, stale, inefficient, ineffective, lacklustre, lack of direction, leadership, common sense and a general lack of giving a shi-t.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Hey,

Simply address it as INHUMAN, unequivocally monotonous and barbaric. Tell them we are at the precipice of human knowledge which demands instantaneous action from those that truly care.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Well, I'm not so good with words, but I'm good with phrases.

Ones like "woefully void in the teaching of simple logic, hampering their development into rational adults".

Or "please start putting logic in your curriculum".

Wait, I do have a word: logic.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Okay, I get it some people do not like the public school system. But keep in mind, it works well for a social structure for kids (it also works against it as well with bullying hazing ect).

I would try keep the ball in their court. Works well with a debate style argument, or argumentive additude. Just a thought.

-SAP-

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
closed and rigid

the dignity of the teaching staff

Education as a prerequisite for the development

Synchronization of legislation

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Holy hell guys, I think you all just wrote my entire diatribe.

Thanks, now that is team work.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SloAnPainful
Okay, I get it some people do not like the public school system. But keep in mind, it works well for a social structure for kids (it also works against it as well with bullying hazing ect).

I would try keep the ball in their court. Works well with a debate style argument, or argumentive additude. Just a thought.

-SAP-

I have been playing this scenario out in my head for several years now, and I have often gone head to head with several administrators in the past. With all the problems I think I have come up with something. We all like to blame the school system and schools like to blame the parents. And to some degrees there is truth there. But, I have thought about this for a long time and I believe I have come to a conclusion.

I tend to be an "old school" parent. I do not like repeating myself and I do not give more than one warning. When punishment is necessary, it is quick and no pussy footing around. Hell, my ex-in-laws have even gone as far as to call me a tyrant, screw them though. I am not sure what others parenting styles are, but to me, it is the schools fault, mostly. I have my faults too, I admit. But, my style of parenting conflicts with the school systems teachings. My teachings ARE different than what the kids are taught in school, and the problem I am having is conflict of interest and is confusing the kids. I am teaching one thing and the schools are undoing what I teach, and vice versa.

So, I cannot let ball remain in their court as you say. I have to stand my ground. I am willing to meet in the middle but it is not going to one sided, and they will not pretend to have authority over me either.
edit on 3-1-2012 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Just keep refering to the school as "this fine institution of higher learning which promotes the free exchange of ideas." And every time you say it cock your head, look directly into their eyes, and give them a big smile. After about the 5th time you say it, you will see in their eyes the desire to choke the life out of you right on the spot.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by VictorVonDoom
....you will see in their eyes the desire to choke the life out of you right on the spot.

Oh my, how I would love that.

Force them to break their own rules. Especially when I call one of them out for intimidating kids into showing their FB accounts to this particular administrator. I do have some dirt on some of them and will have no problems in pointing out that they are not so perfect either.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

Never underestimate the annoying effect of sarcasm. When I was in the Navy, and some officer was giving me a hard time, I would give them a big "Yes Sir!" and compliment them on their integrity, thoughtfulness, and fine leadership skills. I followed it up with that big smile and cocked head, and all they could do was stare daggers at me. Made me smile even more. To really rub it in, I would laugh as they walked away.

Ah, good times.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by VictorVonDoom

I think the Navy taught me well too.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Draconian, disconnected, overbearing, demanding, intrusive, irrelevant.....

top topics

join