It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lexington man charged with making a fake $1 million bill and trying to spend it

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Lexington man charged with making a fake $1 million bill and trying to spend it

www2.journalnow.com

A Lexington man is accused trying to use a fake $1 million bill to pay for his purchases at a Walmart.

Michael Anthony Fuller, 53, of 3 Parker St., walked into the Walmart on Lowes Boulevard in Lexington on Nov. 17. He shopped for a while, picking up a vacuum cleaner, a microwave oven and other merchandise, totaling $476, an arrest warrant says.

When he got to the register, Fuller gave the cashier the phony bill, saying that it was real.

Store staff called police.

Fuller was later charged with attempting to obtain property by false pretense and uttering a forged instrument, both f
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
besides the dude being a complete tool, this brings up an interesting point.

"The largest bill in circulation is a $100 bill. In 1969, federal officials discontinued the use of $500, $1,000, $5,000 and $10,000 bills because of lack of public use.

The largest note ever printed was the $100,000 bill, which featured President Woodrow Wilson. The bills, which were not available to the public, were printed from Dec. 18, 1934, through Jan. 9, 1935, and were used for transactions between Federal Reserve banks."

no mention whatsoever about the major reason they stopped printing large bills.
take a guess.
ok, would you believe that it was because of the criminal element?

the reason they give is that the feds used these large bills for transactions between reserve banks. which is partially true,

"For the most part, these bills were used by banks and the Federal Government for large financial transactions. This was especially true for gold certificates from 1865 to 1934. However, the introduction of the electronic money system has made large-scale cash transactions obsolete. When combined with concerns about counterfeiting and the use of cash in unlawful activities such as the illegal drug trade, it is unlikely that the U.S. government will re-issue large denomination currency in the near future, despite the amount of inflation that has occurred since 1969. According to the US Department of Treasury website, "The present denominations of our currency in production are $1, $2, $5, $10, $20, $50, and $100. Neither the Department of the Treasury nor the Federal Reserve System has any plans to change the denominations in use today."[3]"

but, the criminals loved them because you could pack a whole lot more in a suitcase than small denominations.

in fact, when the €500 note was released the Fed reserve noted very pointedly that the europeans wanted the global criminal fraternity to help popularize the use of the euro.

www2.journalnow.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I don't understand how someone could be THAT stupid. It just boggles my mind and there are no words to describe my reaction.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
This posted few days ago I'm sure ill find it if u use the search tool

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ElOmen

I had to search... the 1st thread is from 2004, not exactly a new trick at Walmart. Facepalm. www.abovetopsecret.com...
And the one from today
www.abovetopsecret.com...
ETA It's still worth reposting as a reminder to anyone who was thinking about trying to use a million dollar bill at walmart and expecting change...

edit on 1/1/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

I was just waiting for a thread on this. I have been to Lexington, I used to live in High Point and can tell you that there is nobody in Lexington with that kind of money in the first place.

Words just cannot express the extreme humor I found in this article over this man.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ForeverDusk
I don't understand how someone could be THAT stupid. It just boggles my mind and there are no words to describe my reaction.

THAT is exactly my sentiment. No words...none whatsoever.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

i searched the title, nothing came up.
hmmmm.........
anyhow, i found it interesting how they were basically deceptive about the large denomination bills.

eta, i'm wrong, the title was different.

edit on 1-1-2012 by rubbertramp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
So he gathers under 500 dollars worth of merchandise and tries to pay for it with a counterfeit of a bill that does not even exist? A one million dollar bill? Yeah, nothing suspicious about that.

I am just going to come right out and say he was arrested for being a complete idiot.

On the bright side, at least he will be left alone in prison. They will be too busy laughing at him to do anything....
edit on 1-1-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

the funny part is, he expected change.

um...that'll be 999, 500 please.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
fantastic.
thank you sir, and heres your $995,500 dollars change. have a nice day.
edit on 1-1-2012 by lacrimosa because: cant count.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

slow day at the newroom....

seriously .. ?? !!

and if it was .. then it was just a plant to test the system .. but.. yea.. even still it's new hoaxery ..

edit on 1-1-2012 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
XLY has noted that Wal-mart is constantly in the news for things like customers getting pepper sprayed, video game riots and robberies, addicts mixing up drugs in the store.

Why would anyone go there? Other than the cops...

Danger, danger Will Robinson.

I can not remember the last time I went to a Wal-Mart.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

well, i tried using it to get a discussion rolling about large bills and criminal money laundering, but the article is just to rediculous.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Yup, and when I get $1 million cash, I'm going straight to Wal-Mart, because that's where they keep the good stuff. Seriously, I suspect this man must be, well, extremely not-smart. Funny story, though.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by kawika

your link came up forbidden for me.
do i need to be a member of a secret society, or what?

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by WarminIndy

I have been to Lexington, I used to live in High Point and can tell you that there is nobody in Lexington with that kind of money in the first place.

I can assure you, there are quite a few people in Lexington that could do that. Do not let the backwards ass nature of the place fool you.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

your link came up forbidden for me.
do i need to be a member of a secret society, or what?

Yes, you are on the special list and are being watched.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by kawika

would you be so kind as to teach me the secret handshake.

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

would you be so kind as to teach me the secret handshake.

Try this one.

Link

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join