It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Summary of When Dragon's Rule - Working Thread

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   

toodles xx

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

SUMMARY PAGE THREE

Zasiruht completes her task and her life ends.

Marsten goes to visit his Mother. She dies. Discovers she is wearing a wedding ring, blames and curses Pletch-As.

Monotony of life in the camp.

More background info of Rodrig: life in the dungeons and how he came to be working in the Badlands. Longs for Rosaaya.

Pletch-As is hiding in the background being deceitful.

Pletch-As gets the Aegile bird to deliver a message to Marsten. Marsten reads the message and reads an inscription on the ring and seeks out Ulir, unsure if Pletch-As is responsible for his Mother’s death. He sets off to the Village of Tristan.

Fighting breaks out at the camp.

Marsten arrives in the Village of Tristan.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Thurisaz, your videos are extremely entertaining.

Yes, there will be a rekindled romance between Rosaaya and Rodrig. She-Dragon's taken him back toward the Black Fist. I'll figure out a way to get him down to Hyde, where he will "accidentally" bump into Rosaaya.

I will probably write my next installment(s) tomorrow - I don't have much time during weekends to write.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

ok great. mwah... a love story amongst all the violence.

Maybe I should wait until page 3 is finished before doing the summary? cos there are three other posts since I did the last one... and maybe room for a couple more?

toodles xx

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
ok, all my characters are dead and I don't have another so I will sit back and read for a while.

Whore/Dragon Slayer is dead
Monolithic is dead

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I'm going to try to get the next 2-4 installments I've got in mind written out in the next couple of days.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Ok, I've got one more "love story" installment in the works, but otherwise have nothing planned out.

Anyone one want to play other dragons and their companions? All of the companions will be from Hyde's Lower City or folks from the various villages around the realm.

I worked in the creation of the Black Fist to explain the "obsidian-like" color and its shape. So, there was some old-school rock-melting included. But, I promise, no more rock-melting hereto whence-forth!

Rodrig and Rosaaya will be heading back up to Dragon's Aerie and forming their crew.

What are Marsten et al. up to?

I'd like to know a little more about the holding spheres, and also what the sorcerers are all about.

But, right now, I must make sourdough bread.

Take it easy, all!

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ottobot
Anyone one want to play other dragons and their companions? All of the companions will be from Hyde's Lower City or folks from the various villages around the realm.
Rodrig and Rosaaya will be heading back up to Dragon's Aerie and forming their crew.
What are Marsten et al. up to?
I'd like to know a little more about the holding spheres, and also what the sorcerers are all about.

Dragon companions? We don't need more targets to shoot at! The OBVIOUS outcome from a surge in Dragon-Allies would be Civil War. Are you sure you want a Civil War scenario now?

Marsten's next several posts are (and have been) in my head for quite awhile now. I was waiting for the last installment in the Love Story by you (ottobot) angle for Thurisaz's request before I posted because it MIGHT entirely change what I HAD had planned.

Holding spheres - Obi Wan Kenobi threw those in. He gets to explain them as to me they are nothing more than domed regions and I planned to open another domed region adjacent to this one after Marsten completes the two trips he has planned.

Sorcerers - uuum if you mean Obi Wan Kenobi's and Thurisaz's sorcerers - maybe they'd explain as I haven't the foggiest idea.

edit on 25/1/2012 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

I thought you wanted Marsten to be a dragon slayer? He can't slay dragons unless he has some dragons to kill!

I'm thinking that Rodrig builds a force of bonded dragons/humans to protect the realm, but some of them decide to go rogue. The rogues must be vanquished!

What say you?

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ottobot

I thought you wanted Marsten to be a dragon slayer? He can't slay dragons unless he has some dragons to kill!

I'm thinking that Rodrig builds a force of bonded dragons/humans to protect the realm, but some of them decide to go rogue. The rogues must be vanquished!

What say you?

Marsten might kill a dragon someday, somewhere, somehow - more as a protection of others. I told you he's the stereotypical 'reluctant hero'. He's not a Dragon Slayer by profession. When the time is right, someday, he'll save somebody from a dragon.

YES! Rogue Allies would be good! Thanks! I agree.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Haha, ok then!

I wrapped up the lovey-dovey stuff, so we can move on with the story now.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

Cool splash ending to your Love Story!

Righty-Oh - moving on after a quick break here.

I should have the next post up before sunrise my time.

And PS - that was the major kink I thought would be coming - so - new plans

Okay, done. Waiting on Thurisaz now.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Oh, you tricksy Trexter!

*shakes fist*

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

Tricky Trickster thanks you.

I figured the name "Heliope" was an ideal foreshadowing clue. I added the sun glistening off her jewelry and bright sunny day as a fitting 'tribute' for her "heart sun".

I tried my best to stay awake and watch your creative spurt articles; but, all the tornado activity (I'm a trained spotter) and (very long story omitted here) and I just couldn't stay awake. I finally crashed hard to sleep. I'm still exhausted so might not finish up here tonight.

You did well there.

I have lots more posts but; you've actually done part of my planned work for me so thank you!

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Haha, yeah, I expected you to kill off Lady Dragon, so I gave you an opportunity and also a hint on how to kill dragons folks might encounter along the way...

I figured the best way to clean things up would be to get rid of it altogether. He-Dragon is a no-nonsense kind of guy.

Now, all that is left is to find those bands of soldiers who were off on assignment when the Black Fist was cleansed.

I've been following the tornado action safely from the western side of the US. Craziness for January. Take it easy!
edit on 1/25/2012 by ottobot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I missed the "hint" you mentioned. Can you point it out? They used the recipe from the now dead King's court magician/wizard (Dragonsbane). They all made their own.

I still haven't figured what green poison you distributed in vials in the Underground nor why the soldiers would distribute it.

What soldiers were off on assignment? I missed that too. The men distributing recipes had already done their work, the Badlands were the last to receive their copies. The King's men were the only ones away from the Black Fist that I knew of, and they are all dead.

Stealing a dragon's horde is a strong incentive for a greedy dragon to suddenly decide to return home and attack.

Thurisaz best come back and write her own version of a Love Story. That way, we'll have one a piece amongst the women-writers.
edit on 26/1/2012 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   

"They acknowledged her request. She was the largest of all of them and they would obey her, upon penalty of death. She did not enjoy the extinguishing of their heart-suns by the tears of the Mother, but it would be done if necessary. "

There aren't any soldiers out that have been noted, but there would likely be some out in the villages since it is Autumn (Harvest) in the story (according to Pletch-As) and the Lot (according to Rodrig, memories of Tristan) happens at Harvest.

I had intended the vials of "medicine" to be the Dragonsbane, which is why the Andros descendants don't like it. For some reason I thought the soldiers were passing out the actual potion, not just the recipe. Oops. I was thinking that the soldiers would pass out the medicine to the Lower City folks since they wouldn't necessarily have easy access to herbs and such to make the potion themselves, being underground dwellers.

Anyway, yeah, where is Thurisaz?
edit on 1/26/2012 by ottobot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

Okay thanks, now the only thing that is still confusing might best be answered if you tell us what YOU think the heart-sun is. Life? Happiness? A big gawdy piece of jewelry? (NOT - just had to throw that in there)

Yes, it's early Autumn, about the second day in. You're right, soldiers would be collecting the taxes (King's share of harvests) but that was the King's men. The harvests would be late Fall I presumed. I figure all the old government and military is gone.

So, in your own words, what is a heart-sun? Thanks!

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Well, the heart-Sun is the source of the dragon's fire. This is why the sun is "Father Sun" and lava is "the blood of the Mother". I wrote a section that explained that the dragons rose from the earth, and their mythos is based around that idea.

Nobody really knows the source of the dragon's fire, perhaps it is the physical manifestation of their passion.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Where is everybody?

Should I write something just to give the thread a bump?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join