It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Summary of When Dragon's Rule - Working Thread

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
(or willing to try to be really mean)

ok... we have 3 Writers in and we are having fun but we need another Writer to take on the big bits that are mean and nasty...you have to be able to write really mean. (I am not good at being mean) so just u2u if your interested.

edit to add that you have to have Writer status...

edit on 31/12/2011 by Thurisaz because: Writer Status

edit on 15/1/12 by masqua because: Edit per request

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

You're not good at being mean? Could have fooled me!

I won't mention ~Anything~ here alright? *smirk*

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

LOL have we got a mean Dragon Lord yet?

farout...while I was typing before I was making hamburgers too.... talk about multi tasking!

oh and how silly of me: here is the thread:

When Dragons Rule
edit on 31/12/2011 by Thurisaz because:

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz
When Dragons Rule

Is this to be a working thread for the above?

The best method, of course, is to get organized.

Please name all those to be involved in this collaboration as it should not be open to all those with writer status. That would be a recipe for confusion.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
When Dragons Rule

Currently, we have 3 writers. Myself, Thuriaz and Nowan Kenubi.

This is a STORY, not a PvP RPG - as such, we work TOGETHER, to bring an entertaining story to the reader. We do use some behind-the-scenes co-ordination - usually "after-the fact" to try to reconcile inconsistencies which may break the story's crucial "suspension of disbelief". Other than that, the story is spontaneous and each section is NOT pre-co-ordinated.

Each writer may hold several positions. A separate posting delineates the separate "scenes". This is more or less like mini-chapters in a book. Hence, one poster may have several characters and several scenes running at once.

We work together to INCORPORATE each other's additions to the story; into our own. Hopefully, we create a seamless, smooth running story. This doesn't always happen; but, we try anyway.

Currently, Nowan Kenubi is 'negotiating' with Thuriaz for the the position mentioned in this "recruitment thread" as King of Fjüllwald (Dragon Lord #1).

LATER, as more "areas" of the world are opened ... additional ATS members who ALREADY have "Writer Status" and have shown a real ability and desire to write will be needed to run additonal support and cameo-characters and a few more Dragon Lords.

Since a full-bodied story takes time to 'mature' as a good wine, it may be several weeks or even months before new areas of the world are opened up. If you are interested in participating as a Dragon Lord, and co-ordinating with Thuriaz - then message her.

If you wish to run a cameo character (a walk-on one-time scene) or a support character (a persistent character who is neither a Dragon nor a Dragon Lord but who persists throughout the story) - then - U2U me with your character's idea and the role you hope to see your character play.

Thuriaz runs the Dragons. The dragons have an intimate (non-sexual definition) relation with the Dragon Lords; so, Dragon Lords need to co-ordinate with Thuriaz.

I run the world's geography and main plot, so try to utilize the existing "places" in the world without adding new places, major characters or major story elements.

If you have any questions, feel free to U2U myself or my co-author Thuriaz. Thank you.

edit on 1/1/2012 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Thanks, TZ.

Also, if I can be of help to all involved in this project, don't hesitate to pm me and I'll respond asap.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Update:

We have a fourth writer ottobot who is running a female dragon and works with Thuriaz in the Dragon and Dragon Lord department. Thuriaz has her own 'Monolithic' Dragon, so the count is Dragons 2: Dragon Lord 1 : and the Common People.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
ottobot will be perfect as a Lady Dragon...

All Hail Lady Dragon, says the King of Fjüllwald!!!
Pletch-As will remain in the shadows for the moment, before this Lady Dragon.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Reminder:

Watch your subject matter. Gratuitous violence or explicit sexual matters are off the table. Think before you post.

Stay within ATS rule boundary.

Thanks!

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trexter Ziam
Think before you post.

Hey! I'm only a man... I have limits, you know!

Apparently, due to the economic crisis, babies-on-nails won't be the most popular thing in fashion this year. Anyway, have you tried to match the colors of different babies with a dress?

BTW, aren't Dragons bigger than T&C?

And lastly, here is the pic of a Dragon egg...

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   

yes absolutely...but I was just trying to bring in the blind babies....

hahahh omgosh what have we got to go with? Well, a whore has survived so too a dragon-slayer...Pletch-as is getting older and more devious so it seems. Ulir may or may not go crazy...and the she-dragon has nearly eaten everyone... so too the male-dragon... King Fujiwalld was supposed to be a man but hey, maybe he could have morphed into a half-human/beast? ooooo that gives me an idea.

Marsten's plan was good, even more so cos they didnt have to bury everyone...the she-dragon ate them all.

as for an old banished sorceror... sounds fab... I might bring in something completely random now just so we can all relax after the dragons frenzied attack on Aarchmore. LOL

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by NowanKenubi

And lastly, here is the pic of a Dragon egg...

oh wow, thanks Nowan for the laugh way out loud. giving birth to that may be painful... talking of baby dragons... do they actually need a male or female or do they just spawn baby dragons all by themselves?

I hope dragon and she-dragon have moment so then I can plan to steal the baby dragon and empower the morsels!!!

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Yes, the human Dragon Lord developed a nasty case of the Beastyitis. Hope it's not contagious. He magically transformed into what we shall call a "half-dragon". His days are numbered though (see next paragraph). I figure you must be grooming Ulir in time for the King's demise? Who knows

Those blind babies came in handy. When a fat lazy King is unable to get the pox the traditional way because of his stature, he just consumes it of his own free will! Yep, your blind babies came in handy. Three months for the pox I read. Heck, the King went straight for the poison bait! That was the best part. Clever move there you old Dragon you!

Aaiyana is still trying to figure out how she is being teleported hundreds of miles this way and that, almost instantaneously, and without memory of it! Load of Creepin' Amnesia plagueing this realm, especially Aaiyana who somehow managed to get married without ever knowing it.

And Marsten acting out of character, bullying children which he would never have done ... hmmm, a curse from the evil presence in his midst or another symptom of Aaiyana's Creepin' Amnesia and purely a product of her hallucination? *tosses a quarter in the air*

Hopefully our newest co-writer will pop in and make his or her first post. I presume there's so much chaos going on at the moment that our new co-writer is waiting for the dust to settle.

Town Gossip: Looks like Lady Dragon suddenly put on some weight! Was it the gorge-fest or could there be baby dragons on the way?

Is that TWO pregnant Dragons flying around out there?

The jungle plateaus - male dragon Daddy lives there guarding the nests. Guess he's been busy! Wonder if he does dishes in between all the baby feedings.

edit on 4/1/2012 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by NowanKenubi
BTW, aren't Dragons bigger than T&C?

No. They're more like mudpuppies compared to the T&C's.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I don't want to rain on this parade at all, so take the mudpuppy comment above as humour. OK?

This Dragon story should have a great future, considering the talent shown in it so far, but the thing is, as a moderator, I have to deal with T&C infractions and I do pretty much read every word in both the writing forums.

I can understand that there is going to be some bone-chillin' gruesomeness and bloodsport in a story like this and that's fine. Go for it wholeheartedly, but understand that there are certain lines you should not cross. Here's some examples:

• Graphic images of gore - not going to stay in a post.

• Profanity (of the sexually derived catagory) or censor circumvention will be edited out and, if continued, may also garner warns.

• Explicit sexuality. Yes, Lord so-and-so might take a tumble with Gorgeous Georgina on a bed of broken baby bottles, but we don't need the graphic details. Leaving things up to the imagination's better anyways.

Use your own good judgement on what may or may not pass and err on the side of keeping your posts clean of T&C violations. I'm not the only moderator here, ya know...

edit on 4/1/12 by masqua because: typo

• posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 06:23 PM
    link   
    wow I have been having so many way out loud laughs.

thx everyone, I am having a lot of fun

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 01:43 AM
    link   

Originally posted by masqua
    I don't want to rain on this parade at all, so take the mudpuppy comment above as humour. OK?
  • Explicit sexuality. Yes, Lord so-and-so might take a tumble with Gorgeous Georgina on a bed of broken baby bottles, but we don't need the graphic details. Leaving things up to the imagination's better anyways.

• the bed of broken baby bottles!! hahahahahaha

I am reading this for the second time and I am laughing a lot (really) while I type this.

and the mudpuppies

omg I have even clapped in the air !

omg I have a saw jaw from laughing

Load of Creepin' Amnesia plagueing this realm

*tosses a quarter in the air*

LOL
    I am just exhausted from the laughing....

edit on 5/1/2012 by Thurisaz because: add

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 02:21 AM
    link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz
    omg I have a saw jaw from laughing

Those saw jaws will get you everytime.

Originally posted by masqua
    •Graphic images of gore - not going to stay in a post.

oO Images of graphics popping out of the screen and landing in my lap. Oo

Uuuum, how do people get writer status nowadays? I saw some in the short story section without writer status. It isn't automatic for those who posted in Short Stories section now?

Our newest co-writer hasn't posted. I noticed he/she didn't have writer status.

Can mods post in the collaborative writing section without having to get writer status?

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:00 AM
    link   

Uuuum, how do people get writer status nowadays? I saw some in the short story section without writer status. It isn't automatic for those who posted in Short Stories section now?

No... it isn't automatic. There are 3 ways to get the status, though, and all 3 require a moderator to award it. Here they are:

• Place 1st, 2nd or 3rd in the Winners Circle for a current Writing Contest.

• Be asked to join into a collaborative effort by those already contributing. Having it granted depends on past posting history to a degree. Providing the status to a member who consistently had a habit of breaking the T&C's would only cause edited or deleted posts in a story. No-one needs that.

• Noticably excellent writing skills coupled with a tendency to post in the writing forums will get someone noticed and receive the status on the merit of their creative work.

Our newest co-writer hasn't posted. I noticed he/she didn't have writer status.

Who would that be? If it's ottobot, they have the status.

Can mods post in the collaborative writing section without having to get writer status?

Yes.

ETA: the Short Story forum, where the contests are run, is open to all members. Collaborative Writing is closed to those with writer's status only
    edit on 5/1/12 by masqua because: (no reason given)

• posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:42 AM
    link   
    reply to post by masqua

Thanks.

Ottobot has been posting and writes splendidly with a unique and fascinating style and perspective.

It's somebody else; but, your other answers covered it, thanks.

edit on 5/1/2012 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join