It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deaths after large unexplained explosion in Burma

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Police in Yangon are coming in with news that dozens of people have been killed in the so far in the unexplained explosion in Burma's main city of Yangon

More updates follow...

news.sky.com...

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Seems there are some new updates,

YANGON, Myanmar (AP) — Officials say a warehouse fire that spread to neighboring houses has killed at least 15 people and injured more than 60 in Yangon.
Officials say the fire started in a state-owned warehouse before dawn Thursday and quickly spread to homes and buildings, many of them wooden.
A hospital official says the dead includes at least one firefighter who was killed by an explosion at the warehouse when they were putting out the fire.
Firefighters continue to search for bodies.
It is not immediately clear what caused the fire.

www.google.com...

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
AlBoeNEWS have been speaking to some of there contacts in Myanmar and have told them that

The explosion was 'very strange' according to one, also 'extremely scary'

www.bnonews.com...

And according to Reauters there is about 17 deaths and over 80 people injured,

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I tried to find what kind of warehouse, and what could have been stored there...no luck so far.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
From what i have heard (and i could be wrong)

But the warehouses possibly contain chemicals and material connected to the construction industry and salt production,

But still no word on what caused the Explosion, They have had there fair share of bombings over the years but no clues pointing that way yet.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

It would have to be something pretty explosive for that much damage. But, it sounds as if most of the structures are wooden....bad combination to start with. Poor people.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I hope this wasn't a self-inflicted insurance scam, or the work of some idiotic vandals...

All those innocent lives lost.

top topics

join