It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's No Wonder We NEED Tighter Airport Security.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Man tried to take 247 animals on plane

A Czech national was nabbed in Argentina for trying to board a transatlantic flight with 247 live animals including poisonous snakes and endangered reptiles packed in a bulging suitcase, reports said Monday.

The man identified as Karel Abelovsky, 51, was caught while trying to board a flight for Madrid when shocked baggage X-ray technicians and staff at the Iberia Airlines desk at Ezeiza Airport in greater Buenos Aires noticed "organic substances moving inside," local media reported.

When they opened the bag, they found more than 200 reptiles and mollusks, among them nine species of poisonous snakes including South American pitvipers, packed in clear plastic containers.

There were also 15 venomous vipers, including two yararas -- which can measure up to 1.50 meters (five feet) -- and several young boas.

Yahoo News

Now wait.... give me a second before you respond.

I am in no way advocating some, let me say again, some of the searches and other things that the TSA has done over the past few years. Yes there have been some violations and other just plain stupid things done by the TSA, I admit that. It's not a perfect system.

However, as long as people are trying to do stupid stuff like this, we need security in all airports. I know people are tired of hearing it, but we do live in a different time than our parents and grandparents, we're just not all "Leave It To Beaver" anymore. It's sad actually.

I just wanted to share this and show that people do as many stupid and uncalled for things as any agency and government, etc.

Happy New Year Everyone.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
You will never stop all the people trying to do stupid things by trying to control everyone all the time. It only helps totalitarian evil societies. So I disagree entirely.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by thejlxc

True, but you do see where I'm coming from don't you?

Maybe the TSA and the way things are being done now are not the answer, but we can't
have no security or safety in place.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
So let's grope more people to find some snakes

edit on 27-12-2011 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
stuff like that should be easy picked up on a basic x-ray scan of the case which wouldnt slow down most flights and so a basic bit of security is fine but when you reach the TSA's level of paranoia its a totally different thing and i know quite a few people who've decided not to visit the USA for the simple reason that they dont fancy getting some TSA employee watching them naked on a monitor and given if you are disabled you need to basically be given an anal probe since you could be hiding bombs in your poor disabled brothers trousers

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

yea, they found them in his checked bags. Meaning they would have found them without patting down his junk and sending him through an xray machine. So no, we dont need more airport security, cause the bag monitoring system works fine.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
People have been doing this for decades, and most of the time they get caught - without the need for the recent security upgrades.

X-raying baggage has been performed for decades and is an accepted part of air travel. X-raying people, however, and/or then giving them a body search is WAY over the line and not needed to catch things like animal smuggling.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by xavi1000
So let's grope more people to find some snakes

edit on 27-12-2011 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

Funny, but you will only find them with half the population

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
You do know Samuel L Jackson was on the plane , right?

He just had to get those fothermucking snakes on the plane!

I'll just get my coat then.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I hope you folks understand that the TSA is an American institution, not in Argentina?

So mentioning the TSA in relation to some smuggler in Argentina really has no merit.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxatoria

security is fine but when you reach the TSA's level of paranoia its a totally different thing

It's only called paranoia when planes don't blow up.
And I can understand why other countries don't have this level of searches. No one wants to blow up their planes.

P.S. Caps and periods makes reading your post a lot easier. We are not texting here.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
No Vids Or Pics I would Love to see this !!!!!

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Yes, we need security. But we can have security without sexual harassment, agents copping feels, staring at your naked body in an x ray machine..

Security today, even with it's barbaric totalitarian feel is just as effective as it was on September 10th 2001.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Yeah, thats what I'm saying.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

I am confused . A I correct when I ask, "You mean all the killing in Iraq and Afghanistan hasn't helped with this problem?"

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
This story does indicate that increases in laws, security and general rules are a direct result of "we the people" and the side effect of the multitude of lawsuits and also insurance skyrocketing when people drive recklessly but are able to put claims in. An example are helmet laws for motorcycles and seat belt laws.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
reply to post by thejlxc

True, but you do see where I'm coming from don't you?

Maybe the TSA and the way things are being done now are not the answer, but we can't
have no security or safety in place.

Well as I see it, we could change society entirely if we wanted to. We could do away with the TSA and all of it, as it doesn't actually stop terrorists and the ones who do get on the planes are let on by our own government. So it seems entirely evil to have TSA.

Just one minor example of how to stop people from wanting to blow up Americans is... stop bombing other countries.

I was not trying to be flippant. I do disagree entirely. We need freedom, all of us, to live how we want, and in that, we might find peace enough not to want to strap bombs on ourselves to kill random people. There are ways. We could change all this.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone

Now wait.... give me a second before you respond.

I am in no way advocating some, let me say again, some of the searches and other things that the TSA has done over the past few years. Yes there have been some violations and other just plain stupid things done by the TSA, I admit that. It's not a perfect system.

However, as long as people are trying to do stupid stuff like this, we need security in all airports. I know people are tired of hearing it, but we do live in a different time than our parents and grandparents, we're just not all "Leave It To Beaver" anymore. It's sad actually.

I just wanted to share this and show that people do as many stupid and uncalled for things as any agency and government, etc.

Happy New Year Everyone.

I understand your point and I respect your opinion, but do you realize that this was discovered by old fashioned, "Leave it to Beaver" style security? For as long as I can remember, airports have run baggage through XRay machines. That is nothing new at all. Pre 9-11 and pre TSA, airports had their own security.

The concept of smuggling goods, animals or drugs through airports has been going on for a very long time. It still does not justify a need for a TSA style system. The TSA XRays people. They pat down people. Neither of these measures would have caught this man. What did catch him, was the same security that was already in place in a pre 9-11 world.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   

your a super mod and you don't see anything wrong with this article .. ?? LMAO .. !!! sorry but.. i gotta calls it like i sees it..

because it's on Yahoo News..

It's TOTALLY believable !!!!!!

wow..

top topics

<<   2 >>

join